The F$$d P$lice are C$ming - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #961
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Some of them could lose a few too, so eating less would be a good start.
Ha! So true.

I mean I find it strange that iron horse as a teacher would be championing totally spoiled brats who REFUSE to eat anything other than fries and ding dongs. And then we argue it's fascism to deny them their wishes. Way to raise an entitled generation.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #962
Blue Crack Supplier

I find it curious how people can complain about somehow oppressing children of their "god given rights" to consume terrible processed food is wrong but yet they give the "in my day" speech about how children were better off. Were children really allowed to eat nothing but saturated fat, cheap meat and sugar back in the day? I highly doubt it.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #963
Blue Crack Supplier

The F$$d P$lice are C$ming

Yes, but if I can oppose anything and everything the Obamas ever do or say or think -- including encouraging children to eat healthy good -- then it's all worth it because Obama.

Sent from
Old 08-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #964
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Just look at the "article" iron posted on July 3rd. Have you seen that picture? That black woman is angry and she's trying to tell my children they can't eat Chic Fil A? Chic Fil A is wholesome conservative food. This is why I'm outraged. No one elected her and here she is ruling like a queen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #965
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Just look at the "article" iron posted on July 3rd. Have you seen that picture? That black woman is angry and she's trying to tell my children they can't eat Chic Fil A? Chic Fil A is wholesome conservative food. This is why I'm outraged. No one elected her and here she is ruling like a queen.

Which article? The one where the district was saving money by opting out of the federal program?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #966
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Ha! So true.

I mean I find it strange that iron horse as a teacher would be championing totally spoiled brats who REFUSE to eat anything other than fries and ding dongs. And then we argue it's fascism to deny them their wishes. Way to raise an entitled generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I find it curious how people can complain about somehow oppressing children of their "god given rights" to consume terrible processed food is wrong but yet they give the "in my day" speech about how children were better off. Were children really allowed to eat nothing but saturated fat, cheap meat and sugar back in the day? I highly doubt it.
Exactly, it's kinda weird how people are letting their children control their actions and future, while they are just kids and need their parents to take care of them and shape them into responsible adults. Soo by letting them do whatever they want and giving them unhealthy shit to eat, we create responsible adult? Or whiny entitled spoiled fat brats?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #967
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Ha! So true.

It appears some here are missing the points of my issue with school lunch programs.

I never to serve them only hamburgers and fries.

My point is that with theses new regulations to foods are terrible.

Examples:

1. Our school still serves hamburgers/hotdogs but now they are made with
a "meat" patty heavily laced with chicken and soy...no seasoning or salt.

2. The whole grain buns tastes like cardboard. I have observed many students
removing the buns and eating only the patty. They agree with me. The buns are crap.

3. Fat free, salt free chicken soup. I've actually had students ask me for salt to help the flavor.

4. Fries are gone with the fryer so now they serve baked potato wedges...again no seasoning or salt.

5. Years ago they use to bake their own pizzas. It was a simple pan based pizza with ground beef and cheese. It tasted great. Today, its a frozen cheese pizza...peperoni flavored only...topped with fat free cheese.

I agree that excessive salt or fat is not healthy but this is taking it way to far.
The body, especially young growing bodies, need salt and fat. We all do. I have a theory that the reason restaurants started serving these bacon covered
dishes and bacon laced hamburgers is so many people have been "fat" deprived. Just a theory

Decades ago we did not have this "obesity" epidemic. Kids had long free recesses where they could actually run and chase each other. Kids played outside more.
Our school stopped students from playing basketball during lunch several years ago. Also, if they go outside to eat lunch. They must remain seated at the tables. Teachers on duty keep a sharp eye on any student to starts walking or around or, God forbid, actually start running.

Gym classes use to based more on physical training (getting into shape) instead of learning to play a game and get along with each other. Dodge ball has been dropped from approved games.

Another factor, I think, is the increasing use of high fructose beginning in the early 1980s in sodas and hundreds of food items.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #968
Galeonbroad

Okay that sounds a bit like overdoing it yes, to completely ban fat and salt from their diets is too much. sounds like it needs a better balance.

This has gotten me curious, if the meals are so regulated, what do they do about the drinks?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

That's if you believe that people are being served chicken stock and soup and potatoes with ZERO salt.

Much more likely it's "reduced sodium" as ZERO salt is nearly inedible. iron horse isn't known for accuracy in reporting.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #970
you are what you is

The children can still eat salt and drink lard as much as they want to at home.
So I don't think the school meals will mean they'll be deprived of all these goodies.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #971
Galeonbroad

I eat very little salt, so it's very obvious to me how much salt there really is in ready made food items. So yeah, could be that it's reduced. People easily can tell since salt strengthens the flavours. But it is easy to get used to, just takes time. The other way around is funny too, since I've always had a low blood pressure, I should be eating more salt. But it took me a while to get used to!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #972
Blue Crack Addict

I also like bland food, I always thought it was strange until a medical researcher told me that typically people who like bland food have way more taste buds on their tongues so they just feel like everything is already flavoured.

You can also season your food healthily with fresh herbs, etc for flavour. The spoiled kids complaining want the sort of seasoning that has salt, MSG, etc.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #973
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Decades ago we did not have this "obesity" epidemic. Kids had long free recesses where they could actually run and chase each other. Kids played outside more.
Our school stopped students from playing basketball during lunch several years ago. Also, if they go outside to eat lunch. They must remain seated at the tables. Teachers on duty keep a sharp eye on any student to starts walking or around or, God forbid, actually start running.

Gym classes use to based more on physical training (getting into shape) instead of learning to play a game and get along with each other. Dodge ball has been dropped from approved games.

Another factor, I think, is the increasing use of high fructose beginning in the early 1980s in sodas and hundreds of food items.

i agree with you on all of this.

but i don't think healthier school lunches is a bad thing. it's a good thing. it's also a necessary thing given everything you listed above. if you aren't burning calories, you need to eat less of them.

and i'm sure the kids are getting plenty of sugar and fat from the take out their parents buy for them because they're too busy working long hours to make ends meet and have little time to prepare meals.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #974
Galeonbroad

Quote:
I also like bland food, I always thought it was strange until a medical researcher told me that typically people who like bland food have way more taste buds on their tongues so they just feel like everything is already flavoured.

You can also season your food healthily with fresh herbs, etc for flavour. The spoiled kids complaining want the sort of seasoning that has salt, MSG, etc.
Exactly, we eat almost only home made meals here, with own seasoning that doesn't contain salt. Just herbs and spices. There's always salt and pepper grinders on the table if you require some, but it's not shoved down your throat.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #975
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy.nyc View Post
Which article? The one where the district was saving money by opting out of the federal program?

Did he post more than one on the 3rd?