The F$$d P$lice are C$ming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make thy own chick stock. I'd post a link but it won't go through. Typical oppression.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I also like bland food, I always thought it was strange until a medical researcher told me that typically people who like bland food have way more taste buds on their tongues so they just feel like everything is already flavoured.

You can also season your food healthily with fresh herbs, etc for flavour. The spoiled kids complaining want the sort of seasoning that has salt, MSG, etc.

i just figured it had something to do with the way you were raised. there's a lot of healthier foods i like as an adult that i suspect i wouldn't enjoy as much, had i not grown up eating those foods. according to IH, my mother must have been the evil prototype for the first lady, since she was so horrible as to cook me red lentil loaf in place of meatloaf. what a cruel parent she was, making me eat spaghetti with "no salt added" tomato sauce. absolutely vile, indeed. I've never added extra salt to my food in my life, i was too brainwashed to know better!

it appears pretty clear to me that iron horse believes two inaccuraciess:
1. all fat = the same kind of fat = children need lots of it to survive! MOAR BACON NAO!!!!!!
2. sodium = salty-tasting food, not salty-tasting = no sodium at all

it's so fundamentally oversimplified--it's like trying to discuss subatomic particles with someone who thinks the bohr model illustrates the definitive structure of all molecules. and that's before he starts introducing all the possible other enemies (high fructose corn syrup replacing dodgeballs in vending machines, or something).

I suggest that since you're a fan of the anecdotal (i.e. taking the words of some kids at your school as 100% opinion of all children everywhere, who clearly know best), google yourself one of those pictures of McDonald's meal sizes over the years, and tell me that doesn't suggest (portion sizes, I mean) more of a contributing factor to obesity now vs years ago than the lack of the 20 minute recess I had 20ish years ago.

What....it's chicken and.....stock...?

i agree with you on all of this.

but i don't think healthier school lunches is a bad thing. it's a good thing. it's also a necessary thing given everything you listed above. if you aren't burning calories, you need to eat less of them.

and i'm sure the kids are getting plenty of sugar and fat from the take out their parents buy for them because they're too busy working long hours to make ends meet and have little time to prepare meals.

First...concerning Galeongirl's question on what students are allowed to drink.
Whole milk and tea were dropped several years ago. Today the choices are:
fat free milk, juice, a sports like energy drink and water

Irvine, thanks for agreeing on the lack of physical activity. This is my major
concern about this whole smoke and mirrors game. It's ignored and even prevented by the school.

I love the way PBS, after a 30 minute children's program, will have a dude dressed like a cat and lead the young viewers in 45 seconds of exercise.

I'm not against schools serving healthy lunches. I'm just against this extremism.

I think "extremism" might be a bit harsh.

I also believe in Finland, elementary students get 15 minutes of exercise after every 45 minutes of instruction. That seems like a good model to follow.

Sent from

I think "extremism" might be a bit harsh.

I also believe in Finland, elementary students get 15 minutes of exercise after every 45 minutes of instruction. That seems like a good model to follow.

I'm not entirely convinced that a society with one of the highest suicide rates in the world is necessarily a good model to follow.

I'm not entirely convinced that a society with one of the highest suicide rates in the world is necessarily a good model to follow.

But they supposedly have one of the best school systems in the world.

I don't think the suicide rate of any given country is a good metric by which to judge its success or failure.

Sent from

Also, I don't even think that's true...google says a different country on each link I clicked.

Pick any country, it's probably #1 in some crappy thing. Guess we shouldn't model anything off anyone.

We're the second fattest nation in the world based on obesity rate, so modeling ourselves after anyone except Mexico would be an improvement.

Finland is 10th.

Last edited:
Just to point out, that just as a result of this question, I've received an unsolicited harrasssing PM from BVS.

Um, actually no you didn't. If one were to read the pm it would be obvious which post I was referring to, and it was not the least bit harassing. I'm going to ask that you kindly cut out the passive aggressive bullshit.

Um, actually no you didn't. If one were to read the pm it would be obvious which post I was referring to, and it was not the least bit harassing. I'm going to ask that you kindly cut out the passive aggressive bullshit.

I received an harrassing PM from you and I've reported it. Now I ask that you cease with your harrassing behaviour and do not reply to my posts, as I have no wish to further engage with you on this matter, or on any other.

Thank you, and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom