The 'Evidence'.. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2002, 05:05 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Normal The 'Evidence'..

Link to the pdf document that the British government produced this morning:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...raqdossier.pdf

I'm sure we'll all feel better now.

Old 09-24-2002, 08:10 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 11:50 AM

I read it through BBC news Tizer, and heard some of the breaking news this morning.....to be honest I have not been tunin in as I dont understand a lot politically, all I do know is hearing them say biological weapons etc etc could be aired within 45 minutes is enough to put the wind up me and make me wanna (along with many others no doubt) cry...........this man is so fucking capable of ruining the world, right? he could finish it tomorrow.......wipe us all out.............take lives.............I just like to ask why the fuck pple like him exist in this world.

(ok maybe Im being oversensitive, if someone wants to put me in my place - but Im genuingly concerned........)

like others.....

*is away to hide in cupboard*

Old 09-24-2002, 08:19 AM   #3
War Child

the '45 minutes ' thing relates to the following passage..

'As a result of the intelligence we judge that Iraq has military plans for the use of chemical and biological weapons, including against its own Shia population. Some of these weapons are deployable within 45 minutes of an order to use them.'

nice.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:22 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
what is your thought on it here and now Tizer?

Too risky? I mean of course it is.......but I wonder what in the world can stop something like this.........

Old 09-24-2002, 08:31 AM   #5
War Child

I think you'll find that alot of countries have this sort of thing going on or have had in the past. I personally don't see Iraq as a threat to our safety in the UK. I'm gonna have a read of this thing though and see what it says as I'm open to change, although I'm very sceptical of the US administration and Mr Blair's stance on the issue.

Understood your post about Belfast btw.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:52 PM   #6
Refugee

This, we knew...

I was actually very disappointed with the evidence. Not that it was poor (which is debatable in itself), but that it didn't give us anything new.

I saw it live. I saw the Prime Minister's speech and the debate that followed, and the only thing of interest was Kennedy (leader of the liberal Democrats) asking the questions the Opposition didn't answer. Amidst all the moaning and groaning in the House, he retorted (rather heatedly); "I am asking questions UNASKED by those who should have asked them!" (looking at the Conservative Party). That was the only thing of interest.

Of course the Prime Minister, being a politician and therefore a master in the art of evasion, didn't give an answer that made any coherent sense. He gave an answer that said nothing.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 09-25-2002, 10:19 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:50 AM

I think we should Saddam to counseling..

DB9
Old 09-26-2002, 03:32 AM   #8
War Child

erm..right Diamond. Ok.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:55 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

wtf Diamond? *ugh* me tinks Diamond tries to hover above everyone else with a smile on his face...........just watch that Diam.

anyway Tizer, Ant, mum and I are really hoping Blair chooses NOT to back Bush without UN..........

Two countries on its on is pathetic and isnt enough strength.......again mum too says Bush just longs to be hailed the good guy, the hero...........

what can I say?

dont do it Blair!
Old 09-26-2002, 04:09 AM   #10
War Child

Maddie, I think that the strength of just the US and UK is more than enough to win this 'war'. Believe me, there is no contest. The worrying thing is the response from other major countries opposed to what we'd be doing.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:54 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Hmm I dunno Tizer, I think it would be extremely foolish........it would be a war that would last a lot longer than expected.........

and in the end....I see them winning, not us two.