the election from hell pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
We had our city elections here in Birmingham (Alabama, U.S. not England) and the incumbent got 32% of the vote, despite his lack of any sort of plan, agenda.......vision? Are you kidding? This forced him into a run-off with the second-place finisher, a city council woman. I just got a phone call from her campaign. It's a recorded message about the incumbent supposedly taking a rather large contribution from some corrupt political organization. Damning stuff, but why can't she give some plan, agenda, or some blasted reason to vote for her and not against the incumbent? This is symptomatic of too many campaigns these days. No agenda, no plan, no vision, just "my opponent is a crud". :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:huh:

I hate mudslining. I think everyone should be required in high school to take a logic course where they learn that mudslinging is a FALLACY...usually used by someone without a valid arguement!!

SD

You and me both. It kills me, we've had some really good mayors of Birmingham. We went through all kinds of hell just getting this form of city government. It was the '60's and Bull Connor had to go. The guy was a vicious racist :censored: who was really bad for Birmingham. They kicked the city managers, including Connor, out of office and started electing mayors. Now this idiocy is going on. It's a shame.

My state labor gov't should be sent to Alabama...or maybe not as you guys clearly dont need more of the same.
Poli's blow curds.
:rolleyes:

No thanks, the last thing we need is more stupid politicians. Unfortunately we have to vote for one of these jokers.

I agree najeena. Quite frankly I am not looking forward to it. That will be the *real* election from hell. :scream: :scream: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom