The Death Penalty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greenbax said:

Why should any decent law abiding citizen have to pay through their taxation to keep this sort of excrement alive in jail, with three meals a day, and what basically amounts to hotel accomodation, especially in England where I live.

Well, in California where I live, the extra cost of trying and housing death row inmates is something close to $90 million per year beyond what it costs to try and house someone given a life sentence. How is that better for the taxpayers in my state?

There are currently 603 condemned prisoners in California, yet only 10 have been exectuted since the death penalty was reinstated in 1977. With 10 new death sentences per year, how is it benefiting me, the taxpayer, to house these 600+ prisoners at an addtional $90 million per year?

Condemned prisoners are housed separately, fed 3 meals a day, given televisions and radios, internet access, books and magazines. Not a bad life considering they are the scum of the earth.

With an average of only 2.6 executions per year for the past 26 years, how long is it going to take to finally put those 600+ prisoners to death while the taxpayers foot the bill while they're alive?

Bono's American Wife said:

Well, in California where I live, the extra cost of trying and housing death row inmates is something close to $90 million per year beyond what it costs to try and house someone given a life sentence. How is that better for the taxpayers in my state?

There are currently 603 condemned prisoners in California, yet only 10 have been exectuted since the death penalty was reinstated in 1977. With 10 new death sentences per year, how is it benefiting me, the taxpayer, to house these 600+ prisoners at an addtional $90 million per year?

Condemned prisoners are housed separately, fed 3 meals a day, given televisions and radios, internet access, books and magazines. Not a bad life considering they are the scum of the earth.

With an average of only 2.6 executions per year for the past 26 years, how long is it going to take to finally put those 600+ prisoners to death while the taxpayers foot the bill while they're alive?

Exactly.

Also agree with FizzingWhizzbees' post.

And same with Melon.

Well said, all of you.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom