The dark side of the rainbow.... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

You didn't say "we all"?

Then what is this?

"And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make."
I can't read.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to my first sentence.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami

I can't read.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to my first sentence.
No apology necessary. I'm just glad you wrote this post: now I don't have to go buy a new pair of glasses.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

No apology necessary. I'm just glad you wrote this post: now I don't have to go buy a new pair of glasses.
The funny thing is...I did over the weekend. I should get a refund
Old 11-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

The funny thing is...I did over the weekend. I should get a refund
That's okay. I've had to beat myself over the head with a rolling pin before - times when I swore I didn't say something and someone posts it for me. I figure this probably happens to everyone at some point or another.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

^ I always thought that was an angry waving a stick at someone icon, but your post is funny.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
^ I always thought that was an angry waving a stick at someone icon, but your post is funny.
I actually think you're right about what kind of icon that is, but I've had to beat myself over the head with a rolling pin so many times that I identify with that.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #67
She's the One

Local Time: 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Judah
Though, isn't that the same God as Martha's?
Nope.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #68
War Child

Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977
What's with the dual-identity, Melon? (I can't wait for Melon and Ormus to get into it.)
No duplicitous reasons or anything. Melon's next post just happens to be #10,000, and I want to write something fairly....monumental for it. Since it took me over six years to reach 10,000 posts, logic dictates that I may never reach 20,000. But who knows. I never thought I'd reach 10,000 either.

Funny that you mention Melon and Ormus "getting into it." Many years ago, I threatened to argue with myself, where one side of me would be "liberal" and the other "conservative." Maybe I'll do that someday. It's quite a good mental exercise.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #69
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
This statement shames the millions of Muslims, Jews and Christians around the world (and in Jerusalem) who are gay or who are not offended by gay people.
I must say, I quite enjoyed reading your arguments.

Hope you stick around FYM more often!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

No duplicitous reasons or anything. Melon's next post just happens to be #10,000, and I want to write something fairly....monumental for it. Since it took me over six years to reach 10,000 posts, logic dictates that I may never reach 20,000. But who knows. I never thought I'd reach 10,000 either.
Why does logic dictate you won't make it to 20K? Are you going to die or something?

Quote:

Funny that you mention Melon and Ormus "getting into it." Many years ago, I threatened to argue with myself, where one side of me would be "liberal" and the other "conservative." Maybe I'll do that someday. It's quite a good mental exercise.
Like playing chess with yourself. I used to do that when I was a teenager, but I eventually gave up. It hurt too much.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #71
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977
Why does logic dictate you won't make it to 20K? Are you going to die or something?
As I get older, I expect I'll have increasingly less time to write here, in conjunction with increasing responsibility. If it took me six years to approach 10,000 posts, I imagine that it would take another 10 or more to do it again...heh.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

As I get older, I expect I'll have increasingly less time to write here, in conjunction with increasing responsibility. If it took me six years to approach 10,000 posts, I imagine that it would take another 10 or more to do it again...heh.

um....does your avatar move? or am i going crazy???
Old 11-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #73
War Child

Quote:
um....does your avatar move? or am i going crazy???
Well, just to make sure, I checked and it's a JPEG file, not a GIF file (meaning that it could have been a very subtle animated GIF that I hadn't noticed before). However, with it being a JPEG file, that means that it can't move.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:50 AM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Well, just to make sure, I checked and it's a JPEG file, not a GIF file (meaning that it could have been a very subtle animated GIF that I hadn't noticed before). However, with it being a JPEG file, that means that it can't move.
now i'm concerned...i also just typed "suitcase" when i meant to type "tshirt" in an instant message.

i'm not kidding, i'm pretty certain i saw the dude shake for just a second.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:54 PM
I think you are all overlooking that this opposition is a good thing, bridging the divide between Muslim and Jew
Quote:
Jews and Muslims in Jerusalem have found common ground in their fierce opposition to a gay rights rally due to be held in the city this week.

Leaders from both faiths have united to denounce the parade, which has prompted nights of street protest by ultra-orthodox Jews, who regard homosexuality as an "abomination", and death threats against those taking part.

After Israeli police found and defused a bomb bearing the message "sodomites out", orders were given for 12,000 officers to deploy across Jerusalem during the march, which is planned for Friday. Last night, lawyers from both sides were wrangling at the High Court over whether the parade should be allowed to take place and, if so, where. With the court expected to convene another hearing today, it appeared that the parade would take place but at a new location near the parliament, a safe distance from orthodox neighbourhoods.

The city's Islamic leadership is opposed to the parade, with Tayseer Tamimi, the head of the Palestinian supreme council of Sharia litigation, leading Muslim opposition. "This march tries to destroy the moral and spiritual values for youths," he said. "All religions discredit gays because it is against the decent human nature created by God."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/07/wisrael07.xml

I remain adament that when believers start getting along then something very wrong will be done to the unbelievers.