The dark side of the rainbow.... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


You seem to be judging me. What have you done to help your fellow man, woman or child?
Hundreds of hours of volunteer work in Ghana and Uganda. A career that will be devoted to development. A million other service activities. Not telling a group of people that they are equatable to Nazis.

And yes, a parade and a march are, in this case, the same thing.
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


Hundreds of hours of volunteer work in Ghana and Uganda. A career that will be devoted to development. A million other service activities. Not telling a group of people that they are equatable to Nazis.

And yes, a parade and a march are, in this case, the same thing.
Believe what you want, but I did not mean to put The Gays as Equal to the Nazi's. And sorry if I did. But dont be judging me as a biggot, because I am not. I don't hate anyone.
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #48
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Judah

Can somebody pass along a God like that?
See my sig.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Judah
Somebody tell me: these belief systems being spoken of...these universal truths...these supposed actual words of Yahweh, Jesus and Allah...are they really lame and weak? So weak that their followers shake in their boots when a harmless parade comes by for a couple hours?

I want a God that's strong and doesn't get scared of a parade. And, hey, one that maybe even likes the harmless people in the parade and doesn't want them killed.

Can somebody pass along a God like that?

__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
When I put Gay parade and Nazi in the same line it was only example and I was not comparing them to Nazis. So let's say I put Christian coalition or Comicon or others what would you say then??

Dread I never Ever said I hated GAY people!
If you had said "Gay Pride, Christian Coalition, whatever" that would have been one thing. I'm not sure what Comicon, being an economic trade arrangement between Russia and other Soviet bloc countries, has to do with anything. But you did choose, of all things, to use the phrase "Gay Pride, Nazi Party, whatever," not overtly stating but implying to anybody with reading comprehension on a basic level that Gay Pride parades and Nazi Parties belong in the same category.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami



Where's that damn aplause smiley when you need it?

:aplause:
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


If you had said "Gay Pride, Christian Coalition, whatever" that would have been one thing. I'm not sure what Comicon, being an economic trade arrangement between Russia and other Soviet bloc countries, has to do with anything. But you did choose, of all things, to use the phrase "Gay Pride, Nazi Party, whatever," not overtly stating but implying to anybody with reading comprehension on a basic level that Gay Pride parades and Nazi Parties belong in the same category.
Comicon was a comic Book Convetion type thing.

And as I said before I am sorry. Do you all forgive me.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #53
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 760
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami




Nice, red.

Though, isn't that the same God as Martha's?
__________________
Judah is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 08:02 PM
We forgive ya J just be careful when you list groups in such a manner. Often times, juxtapositioning is used to establish a point. And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make.
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Justin, I'm not a premium member so I can't reply to your pm in private, but it is nice ^ to see you actually say "I am sorry." Of course a pride parade in Jerusalem is not going to be "hunkydory" - I don't really think the organizers were going for "hunkydory," I think they were going for awareness. I think they wanted, as somebody said upthread, to show 3 religions that they are human beings, children of God if you believe that, too. I think they want acceptance, and as MLK knew, avoidance is not the path to acceptance.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
We forgive ya J just be careful when you list groups in such a manner. Often times, juxtapositioning is used to establish a point. And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make.
Don't count me in that "we all".

I saw it for what it was - examples of parades/rallies that would be offensive to Muslims, Jews and Christians. It was a simple listing of , not equating or comparing anything.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Judah
Somebody tell me: these belief systems being spoken of...these universal truths...these supposed actual words of Yahweh, Jesus and Allah...are they really lame and weak? So weak that their followers shake in their boots when a harmless parade comes by for a couple hours?

I want a God that's strong and doesn't get scared of a parade. And, hey, one that maybe even likes the harmless people in the parade and doesn't want them killed.

Can somebody pass along a God like that?
Excellent post.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Don't count me in that "we all".

I saw it for what it was - examples of parades/rallies that would be offensive to Muslims, Jews and Christians. It was a simple listing of , not equating or comparing anything.
This statement shames the millions of Muslims, Jews and Christians around the world (and in Jerusalem) who are gay or who are not offended by gay people.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Don't count me in that "we all".

I saw it for what it was - examples of parades/rallies that would be offensive to Muslims, Jews and Christians. It was a simple listing of , not equating or comparing anything.
I didn't, thats why I didn't say "we all", which is quite evident in your quotation of my text. If I had in fact said "we all" then I could see why you wanted to jump in to clarify.

But I didn't. I'm only speaking for those of us to whom it applied. It was very nice of Justin to apologize and ask for forgiveness, so I wanted to respond to that.
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami


I didn't, thats why I didn't say "we all", which is quite evident in your quotation of my text. If I had in fact said "we all" then I could see why you wanted to jump in to clarify.

But I didn't. I'm only speaking for those of us to whom it applied. It was very nice of Justin to apologize and ask for forgiveness, so I wanted to respond to that.
You didn't say "we all"?

Then what is this?

"And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make."
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com