The dark side of the rainbow.... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

You seem to be judging me. What have you done to help your fellow man, woman or child?
Hundreds of hours of volunteer work in Ghana and Uganda. A career that will be devoted to development. A million other service activities. Not telling a group of people that they are equatable to Nazis.

And yes, a parade and a march are, in this case, the same thing.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Hundreds of hours of volunteer work in Ghana and Uganda. A career that will be devoted to development. A million other service activities. Not telling a group of people that they are equatable to Nazis.

And yes, a parade and a march are, in this case, the same thing.
Believe what you want, but I did not mean to put The Gays as Equal to the Nazi's. And sorry if I did. But dont be judging me as a biggot, because I am not. I don't hate anyone.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #48
She's the One

Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Judah

Can somebody pass along a God like that?
See my sig.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Somebody tell me: these belief systems being spoken of...these universal truths...these supposed actual words of Yahweh, Jesus and Allah...are they really lame and weak? So weak that their followers shake in their boots when a harmless parade comes by for a couple hours?

I want a God that's strong and doesn't get scared of a parade. And, hey, one that maybe even likes the harmless people in the parade and doesn't want them killed.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
When I put Gay parade and Nazi in the same line it was only example and I was not comparing them to Nazis. So let's say I put Christian coalition or Comicon or others what would you say then??

Dread I never Ever said I hated GAY people!
If you had said "Gay Pride, Christian Coalition, whatever" that would have been one thing. I'm not sure what Comicon, being an economic trade arrangement between Russia and other Soviet bloc countries, has to do with anything. But you did choose, of all things, to use the phrase "Gay Pride, Nazi Party, whatever," not overtly stating but implying to anybody with reading comprehension on a basic level that Gay Pride parades and Nazi Parties belong in the same category.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami

Where's that damn aplause smiley when you need it?

:aplause:
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

If you had said "Gay Pride, Christian Coalition, whatever" that would have been one thing. I'm not sure what Comicon, being an economic trade arrangement between Russia and other Soviet bloc countries, has to do with anything. But you did choose, of all things, to use the phrase "Gay Pride, Nazi Party, whatever," not overtly stating but implying to anybody with reading comprehension on a basic level that Gay Pride parades and Nazi Parties belong in the same category.
Comicon was a comic Book Convetion type thing.

And as I said before I am sorry. Do you all forgive me.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #53
War Child

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:

Nice, red.

Though, isn't that the same God as Martha's?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

We forgive ya J just be careful when you list groups in such a manner. Often times, juxtapositioning is used to establish a point. And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Justin, I'm not a premium member so I can't reply to your pm in private, but it is nice ^ to see you actually say "I am sorry." Of course a pride parade in Jerusalem is not going to be "hunkydory" - I don't really think the organizers were going for "hunkydory," I think they were going for awareness. I think they wanted, as somebody said upthread, to show 3 religions that they are human beings, children of God if you believe that, too. I think they want acceptance, and as MLK knew, avoidance is not the path to acceptance.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
We forgive ya J just be careful when you list groups in such a manner. Often times, juxtapositioning is used to establish a point. And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make.
Don't count me in that "we all".

I saw it for what it was - examples of parades/rallies that would be offensive to Muslims, Jews and Christians. It was a simple listing of , not equating or comparing anything.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Somebody tell me: these belief systems being spoken of...these universal truths...these supposed actual words of Yahweh, Jesus and Allah...are they really lame and weak? So weak that their followers shake in their boots when a harmless parade comes by for a couple hours?

I want a God that's strong and doesn't get scared of a parade. And, hey, one that maybe even likes the harmless people in the parade and doesn't want them killed.

Excellent post.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

I saw it for what it was - examples of parades/rallies that would be offensive to Muslims, Jews and Christians. It was a simple listing of , not equating or comparing anything.
This statement shames the millions of Muslims, Jews and Christians around the world (and in Jerusalem) who are gay or who are not offended by gay people.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

I didn't, thats why I didn't say "we all", which is quite evident in your quotation of my text. If I had in fact said "we all" then I could see why you wanted to jump in to clarify.

But I didn't. I'm only speaking for those of us to whom it applied. It was very nice of Justin to apologize and ask for forgiveness, so I wanted to respond to that.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I didn't, thats why I didn't say "we all", which is quite evident in your quotation of my text. If I had in fact said "we all" then I could see why you wanted to jump in to clarify.

But I didn't. I'm only speaking for those of us to whom it applied. It was very nice of Justin to apologize and ask for forgiveness, so I wanted to respond to that.
You didn't say "we all"?

Then what is this?

"And we all thought you were making one which you apparently did not intend to make."