The dangers of being a senator in a war zone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Biden probably would have been in more danger had I been there. :wink:

Del. delegation are frequent fliers
Afghanistan or Aspen, the trips are important, lawmakers say
By JENNIFER BROOKS / News Journal Washington Bureau
04/21/2005
WASHINGTON -- In January 2002, not long after the fall of the Taliban, Sen. Joe Biden stood stark naked in the middle of the bombed-out U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The then-chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee was waiting in a long line of stripped-down Marines, lugging a bucket of hot water and waiting his turn for the building's one working shower.
"It was no great hardship," said the Delaware Democrat, who had come to see how American troops were faring in Afghanistan. Biden slept on a military cot, ate military rations and, more uncomfortably, got his picture taken - in the buff - by an overly enthusiastic Marine out to show his mom that a United States senator really was in the middle of the war zone.
"I'm just glad [the photo] never turned up on the Internet," Biden said.

There's more to the article if you're interested in the serious stuff, but this was too funny to pass up.
http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2005/04/21deldelegationar.html

this has to be one of my all time favorite photos. :cute:
32026joeandicropped-med.jpg

(that dot on his face is from the pen he used to sign autographs :lol: )

somehow Joe Biden isn't one of those guys I want to think about being naked :wink: no offense U2democrat

But seriously, good for him for doing what the soldiers had to do and not acting like a pampered politician :up:

Back
Top Bottom