The Cult of Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would collect paper cups off the ground to make sure she does not have to for him.

Funny story....

I used to take Ambien to sleep. One night, in my Ambien haze, I apparently put the moves on my wife. Upon realizing that somehting was not right I said: "You're not Halle Berry." I then rolled over and went to sleep. I have no recollection of this event, however, my wife has not let me forget it.

So yes, I have a thing for Halle Berry, and I have no dignity left surrounding this issue.

Dreadsox said:
I would collect paper cups off the ground to make sure she does not have to for him.

Funny story....

I used to take Ambien to sleep. One night, in my Ambien haze, I apparently put the moves on my wife. Upon realizing that somehting was not right I said: "You're not Halle Berry." I then rolled over and went to sleep. I have no recollection of this event, however, my wife has not let me forget it.

So yes, I have a thing for Halle Berry, and I have no dignity left surrounding this issue.

Now that's the greatest story ever told. :laugh:

Dreadsox said:

Funny story....

:ohmy:

:lmao:

That has to be one of the best stories I've ever read in FYM.

OMG - I cannot laugh anymore it hurts!!!!!!

LINE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!! Mrs. S!!!!!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You have a problem deciphering hyperbole don't you?

I'm just not a fan of people being so uber-obsessed almost to the point of worship of another human being. The comparisons I've read comparing Obama to Jesus are shameful.

2861U2 said:

I'm just not a fan of people being so uber-obsessed almost to the point of worship of another human being. The comparisons I've read comparing Obama to Jesus are shameful.

They are not even close to alike. Jesus was very clearly white and gay.

I fail to see how they can be compared.:huh:

2861U2 said:

:lol:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I love when you make these holier-than-thou critiques of me.

No, actually I think it's unfortunate. You came into FYM making ridiculous statements, most I'm sure you wouldn't want me bringing back up again. But then you really started to try and back things a little and hesitated from baseless attacks. But then recently you have gone back to these tactics of making these ridiculous statements, attacking people for what is obvious hyperbole, and it doesn't help if you want to get taken seriously in here... Just my opinion.

2861U2 said:

How? Is it not true?

I hear people everyday say they are supporting Obama, and they can't explain why. I remember watching an Obama supporter on Fox News in one of Frank Luntz's focus groups, and he was asked what Obama has accomplished, and he said "He's a good speaker." You could hear Sean Hannity sighing in the background, as was I.

Get a clue. This is such a joke. Sean Hannity and others like him (Hugh Hewitt is even worse) do this all the time. He knows that most everyday Americans, put on the spot, with a microphone jabbed in their face, are not going to be able to answer a questions like this.

The truth is that Obama is a junior senator who was a member of the minority party for the bulk of his congressional career. There's just not going to be a long record of congressional achievement. Hannity knows this. It's why he asked the question.

But let's look at Obama's career in the state senate. In 8 years, he sponsored 780 bills, of which 280 were signed into law. 280.

But who cares? We don't elect presidents based on congressional achievement. If we did, somebody like Strom Thurmond would be president. And Dick Cheney, who during his 11 years in the House, sponsored TWO bills that passed, would never have even sniffed the White House.

Two.

Irvine511 said:
well, they were both pretty vague, apparently ...

Jesus did speak in parables in order to make the meaning more difficult to understand for stubborn people who didn't want anything to change, unless of course, it would align with their beliefs, expectations, and desires to make life easier for them. That sounds like Conservative ideology to me.:shrug:

2861U2 said:

Then I think you need to get out more.

People would do some crazy things to meet the people they admired. Diamond risked being arrested to meet Bono. People say all kinds of things, but most of the time they are just talking. You wouldn't have called Halle out if that line was about Bono, basketball player, or another actor... but your bias got in the way.

What would you do to meet Rush?

deep said:

I wonder if Jesus came back to life
and tapped you on the shoulder if you would even recognize him.

If he looked like RFK I would:O)

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Then I think you need to get out more.

People would do some crazy things to meet the people they admired. Diamond risked being arrested to meet Bono. People say all kinds of things, but most of the time they are just talking. You wouldn't have called Halle out if that line was about Bono, basketball player, or another actor... but your bias got in the way.

What would you do to meet Rush?

Well, I think it was hyperbole, but ... this is the kind of thing that sometimes ends in PLEBA jokes around here. I think anyone who says things like that gets called out, to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom