The creative spirit.... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:55 PM
i wish i had a more usable talent..
for example...soem type of musical talent be it playing an isntrument, singing, dancing , sports, people skills

i suck, im too shy and introverted

Old 05-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:55 PM
Re: The creative spirit....

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
So artists, writers ... (successful, struggling, hopeful, or I got the idea written in my notebook, but I can't seem to do anything with it)

Tell us about your art, your current or most recent project, or the project you are dying to work on. What's your creative process,
the problems you encounter, your style, a favorite character you've created, etc.?
Does writing music count?

I have hit a creative swell over the last 2 years, I have written and recorded a lot of songs.

I have been doing this for about 7 or 8 years.

I record and catalog the stuff, so that I can see the progress, and for the idea of making a collective piece.

Over a year ago, I did two instrumental pieces, each 90 minutes. That's friggin 3 hours of music. I think I did it in about 4 months.
I am not saying it's all great, or even good, but some of it is.
I try to be objective. Some of it is redundant, but I am only recording for myself, so who cares?

I mean the whole idea to record and keep it is to see the progression. I remain very passionate about it. I write music as therapy, among other things, including being a hobby.

Plus I have always just loved music, since I was a small child.
Bought a guitar and recorded for about 2 or 3 years before I ever started trying. When I started I thought it was cool to just play with sounds, now I write songs with chords and all that stuff.

And for the record, I am working on, near completing what I think is my best work ever. I completed it, in part and for the first time ever have gone back to try and improve some stuff.

I am usually in the business of writing a song, recording it, and moving on to the next phase. This time, just trying to iron out some ideas.

All in all, I have 200+ songs? If I wanted to go back and refine the best stuff, i wouldn't even know where to begin. But it sure is FUN to add to it!

I did a U2 recording too, got about 25 U2 songs done, some of them very cool, some kinda crap.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:26 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:55 AM
Of course music counts.

Enjoying your paintings, elevation.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:23 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Wow, nice work elevation!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:25 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 PM
very nice artwork

I'd love to see more people post some, come on don't be shy
Old 05-27-2005, 07:02 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

The doctors that I've talked to about it, say that ADD is very prevelant in creative types. They also cautioned me that some treatments for ADD may "hinder" the creative process. And sometimes there's a thin line between society's defintion of ADD and medical ADD. I've actually been placed under electrodes and analysis for my ADD.
My friend the clinical nutritionist believes it can be treated nutritionally. Then again, he believes everything can be treated nutritonally, lol.

I have a bit of ADD myself. In fact, I think several of my friends do as well and it's sorta funny at this point. One of them changes the subject so often that I've developed a theme song for him that I burst into everytime Mr. ADD appears. Yes, we crack ourselves up.

I have all kinds of creative issues. But I play a little guitar, but not much these days, and am trying to garden as an outlet. I get excited each morning when I go outside to peek at my flower bed.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:03 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:55 PM
I like your stuff, elevation!
Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm working on a live U2 compilation. How is it art? I'm remixing most of the songs, and even composing some extra synths to go along with the music. The craziest part of it all is percussion remix. I'm livening Larry up with some crazy drum tech. I just finished part of my "Elevation" remix, which I use five different versions of the song - 2 studio/3 live performances, as well as my own synth to open it up and fill in the break. It will take a while to complete - and a lot of free time. I'll brag about it nonstop when it's finished.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

make sure to post it when it's complete, im dying to hear

i love drums
Old 05-28-2005, 06:33 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

We'll have to hear it when you're done Macfist. Look at all the talents we didn't know each other had. My respect grows minute by minute.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #42
Acrobat

You all make me feel like a hopeless lump; all these great paintings, photos...wow!

I do quilting, which isn't really art, I don't think, and play around with some collages and junk with my little graphics program. I gave up on writing years ago, when I realized that I have no worthwhile talent with words. I wrote exactly one thing that was worth the paper it was printed on, and it was only three lines.... Well, maybe more than one, but I haven't looked at them in years....

Mrs. Springsteen, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks; doesn't matter if you don't know anything about photography; just matters whether you like doing it. I like you photos.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What makes you think quilting isn't art, echo? We have a big fair around here in September and one of the reasons I go is to look at the quilting. I am in awe of quilting. So show us your quilts and your graphics. We all diminish our art. Besides, I've read your posts. Where do you get this no talent with words idea?
Art is about how we view the world and look at all the unique views. Sorry. I'm getting a little rapturous here.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #44
Acrobat

Well, I am Irish (by descent, anyway), so I'm bound to be able to sling a little bull

Unfortunately, I can't show you my quilts, as I am not scanner equipped at the moment. Maybe sometime I'll post some of my graphics (when I can decide which one I'm least embarrassed by).

The reason I find it hard to think of quilting as art is that I've been doing it all my life. My mother quilted, to bring in extra money, and put warm covers on our beds; she taught us all to sew. It's just something I do, quilts are pretty blankets, you can hang them on the wall if you like, but they should be used....and when you've seen a quilt that's been used for ten years, and it's falling apart, shedding threads, batting coming out, 'art' is not the word you think of.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Shit. I love usable art. Adds an extra dimension to it, I think.
Purposeful art.