The Cowards Stoop Lower - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2004, 03:11 PM   #31
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Eirinn
Knowing the way their warped minds and propaganda work, it's more like 300 actually. Russian leaders: tzars, communist party leaders, presidents, have always been arrogant and disrespectful towards the rest of the nation.
Excuse me,but surely Russia's not the only place where propaganda affects people who don't want to think or ask questions.Moreover,your passage about tzars,party leaders and presidents is a classic example of propaganda itself,need I say why? Most of the facts you mention are sad and disquieting truth but the tone of your messages makes me feel like you're drawn by some unexplainable Russia hate,not by empathy.I doubt you've ever been to Russia to make some of your conclusions but even if you have - well, everyone sees what they want/are able to see.

Having said that,I'm deeply touched by the fact that people here show their concern for this horrible,tragic event ...

Old 09-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aine
Excuse me,but surely Russia's not the only place where propaganda affects people who don't want to think or ask questions.Moreover,your passage about tzars,party leaders and presidents is a classic example of propaganda itself,need I say why? Most of the facts you mention are sad and disquieting truth but the tone of your messages makes me feel like you're drawn by some unexplainable Russia hate,not by empathy.I doubt you've ever been to Russia to make some of your conclusions but even if you have - well, everyone sees what they want/are able to see.
Exactly. I have other things to say about this, but I honestly don't want to make a thread about such a tragedy into a political debate.

(BTW, I don't remember seeing you post here before, so welcome to FYM.)

Old 09-03-2004, 04:19 PM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:02 AM
10 of the 20 hostage takers were arab missionaries... how many kids have to die before the world will finally put partisanship aside and see that islamic terrorism is the absolute 100% biggest problem facing our world today. god help us
Old 09-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
10 of the 20 hostage takers were arab missionaries... how many kids have to die before the world will finally put partisanship aside and see that islamic terrorism is the absolute 100% biggest problem facing our world today. god help us
Ok let's say partisanship is put aside, then what?
Old 09-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:02 AM
great way to get people to sympathize with your cause
Old 09-03-2004, 04:51 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Ok let's say partisanship is put aside, then what?
then we go after these people where ever they are, be they in chechneya, iraq, palestine, afgahnistan or brooklyn... how many more innocents need to be slaughtered until the world as a whole rises up and says enough is enough. we can't just attack these people after we're attacked... we need to hunt them down and get rid of them BEFORE they blow up a bus, bring down a skyscraper, or murder hundreds of children. i'm sorry, but the wait and respond tactic just doesn't work for me.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

then we go after these people where ever they are, be they in chechneya, iraq, palestine, afgahnistan or brooklyn... how many more innocents need to be slaughtered until the world as a whole rises up and says enough is enough. we can't just attack these people after we're attacked... we need to hunt them down and get rid of them BEFORE they blow up a bus, bring down a skyscraper, or murder hundreds of children. i'm sorry, but the wait and respond tactic just doesn't work for me.
And how many innocents do we kill in the way before we realize this isn't the way. This would be a great idea if terrorist wore uniforms or worked by conventional means but they don't. So we go and bomb villages to find out later, woops wrong target. It's like using a flamethrower to kill a cockroach.

This doesn't sound very "drop the partisan act" it sounds more like democrats wise up and follow Bush's plan.

I don't agree with wait till we're attacked either. I think this war will have to involve major intelligence overhauls and secret operative attacks. Bombing cities will just attract more terrorist from all around, i.e. Iraq.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #38
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 02:02 PM
Headache in a Suitcase

Then - partisanship put asside - write a letter to the US president and ask him to stop supporting anti Iranian terrorists.
They are not better than other terrorists just because they fight a regime we strongly disslike
Old 09-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I am watching a report about this on MSNBC and I am crying. This is so awful, it is beyond words.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:25 PM   #40
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:02 AM
My mom and I were crying over this story.

I don't care what your bitch is. You don't target children.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:26 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Do people here even realize the whole point of covert intelligence operations is that they are secret!

Bush has initiated an overhaul in the way that the intelligence services operate and this is an ongoing restructuring, there have been some very important arrests tied in to this (Hambali, Khalid Sheik Mohammed etc.). Just because you see Iraq and Afghanistan plastered over the news every evening does not mean that they make up 100% of the actions of the WoT. There is a very very significant component of intelligence which crafts these operations which is not seen by most civilians.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:02 PM
One observation, those terrorists murdered hundereds of children, but in their minds they are just infidels, like the kafir. The lives of the infidel are worthless and we must never forget it - there is no negotiation with people who only desire death and destruction.

If you study most groups that use violence for "liberation" they generally avoid wholesale slaughter, the exception to the rule are Islamic terrorists - all over the world these extremists kill anybody who stands in their way Men, Women and Children - it makes no difference. There is a very dangerous school of thought within Islam that encourages this violence and it must be exposed and annihilated. I repeat now what I have said before, you cannot make peace with men who do not understand the very concept of it.

Spetznaz (Russian SF) Soldier with released hostage.

Hostages after the event.

Moving out from school.

There are more pictures here here I do however say that there are some bleeding children and a terrorist lying on the pavement after having being caught and beaten (but he is still alive). Look at the images, don't look away and never forget what these terrorists represent.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:03 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

BABIES?? Those sick Little kids, babies, anybody it's terrible, but what a cruel creep would target little ones, and shoot them in the back as they run? This is the worst, most horrible thing anyone could do. I am so upset! Whatever action taken against those terrorists will not be too bad for them!

Did they catch the ones who fled into the town? I hope they got them all!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:12 PM   #44
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Old 09-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #45
Refugee

Local Time: 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Spetznaz (Russian SF) Soldier with released hostage.
This is a picture worth a thousand words.

These terrorists...how do they think anyone will be on their side after they attack children? Taking over a government building, I could understand (never condone, but understand). But a school?! Yeah, those children are such a huge threat to your cause.

They are not noble fighters for a cause. They are not political dissidents. They are wicked, evil creeps, killing because they like to kill. May the whole lot of them rot in Hell.