the conservative case for same sex marriage - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:49 AM
I remember those pictures-they were doing all kinds of synchronized exercises together that you just would not see straight guys doing together (or at all ). And they certainly would not look like that while doing them. Yowza.

I'm sorry Ricky but I knew right then and there

Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #122
She's the One

Local Time: 07:49 AM
I thought this was interesting when I read it today.

Myth of the 'gay lifestyle' justifies bias - CNN.com

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

and here i was thinking that Colin Farrell was just a douchebag:

Quote:
Speaking from Los Angeles actor Colin Farrell has issued a statement in support of BeLonG To Youth Service’s STAND UP! Campaign against homophobic bullying of gay young people.

Colin recalls is memories of how his gay brother Eamon was terribly treated when they were young and growing up in Dublin.

Colin Farrell’s statement:

"I can't remember much about the years of physical and emotional abuse my brother Eamon suffered. I was very small. The thing i do remember though, quite literally, is blood on his school shirt when he came home in the afternoon. The beatings and taunting were very frequent for my him and a constant part of his school years. I didn't understand at that time the concept of 'difference'. Back then, as now, he was just my big brother. If I did understand what difference was I understood it in the most pure and unaffected childlike way. To me then, as a child, difference meant being left out. Joy and laughter came with being included, being embraced , and BELONGING to.

People are often afraid of difference. They feel that anything that causes fear, should be turned away from. My brother represented fear for so many people, but caused joy in my life. From a very young age he made me laugh with his intelligence and wit, made me aspire to his strength and goodness. He was to be embraced. To many of the students of his school however he was to be feared. He was to be turned away from. I didn't understand it then, and I still don't know. As a race we humans are united and divided by emotions. The mother and father of all emotions, the queen and king are love and fear. Love unites, it brings us closer to an understanding of the possibility of beauty amidst all the confusion and pain that life can bring. Hate is a disease. It is fear's messenger and it makes us do terrible things in a shadow of our better selves, of what we could be.

Intolerance is not genetically encoded - it is taught. It is learned at home. It is learned in the classrooms and it is learned anywhere else we gather as a group. But it is usually learned early and added onto from there. If there is nothing to feared, there is nothing to hate. If there is nothing to hate there is no pain. My brother was so forceful in standing up for who he was, and for the good that he knew wa inside of him. Many people missed out on an opportunity, not only to enjoy him, but to enjoy themselves by embracing his "difference". They missed out because they saw him as a threat - not as a testament to the kaleidoscope and diversity of this beautiful world. Bullying is torture, it is another betrayal of basic human decency and its scars reach way into the future of its survivors. But the saddest truth is that not all children survive it. It is a potentially fatal societal illness and must be respected and not feared. Respected and dealt with as a very real problem and as an adversary of a potentially harmonious world, that should have no place for bullies or bullying."

- From Colin Farrell

Colin Farrell recalls the trauma experienced by his gay brother and calls for an end to homophobia - BeLonGTo Pro

it's quite eloquent, actually.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Why did you think he was just a douchebag?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Why did you think he was just a douchebag?

because i believe what i read in the tabloids.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

I look at them when I am standing in line at the market, but I don't give them a lot of credence, I am trying to give most people the benefit of the doubt (these days), until proven otherwise
Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Gay marriage measure for Nov. ballot abandonded - Total Buzz : The Orange County Register

well, this may be more of a good thing than a bad thing

I would like to see Ted Olson's lawsuit prevail in the Supreme Court..

to have this on the ballot again this Nov, when voters are trending anti-left could have resulted in a second lost in two years.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

There's an article in the latest Entertainment Weekly about Colin Farrell and how he went from tabloid fixture bad boy to well-respected Irish acting guy. And it includes quotes from Colin agreeing that he wasn't the best boy on the block back in the day.

So there you go.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #129
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Christian recording artist comes out...

Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Comes Out | Entertainment News | Advocate.com

I think it's sad, that she even felt like it was a conflict...

What's even more sad are some of the comments below.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Sin is sin and you can't denie the fact that we live in a sinful world and we make the choices of the sin we commit. Homosexuality i s a sin, no by Gods word...if you say it's not ... you are in denial. God puts all sin in the same value, so if you choose to be homosexual or kill or steal or lie, it's all sin. can you be a Christain and sin? yes. Will God forgive you? yes. Does He like your sin? No. Does He want yo to repent and turn away from your sin? yes. If you say no and are angry at that fact...you are in denial of the one and only true God and Messiah. Satan want's us to be sinful and live sinful lives denying the truth of a true personal relationship with God. Sin is Sin.
Quote:
As a youth pastor, I'm not surprised to have Jennifer Knapp declare she's a lesbian. I'm not shocked, offended, or otherwise going to burn her music as "sinful." But, I have issues with the overall trend that "this is who she was created to be." According to current scientific research, there is no genetic precursor (that we have found, note this before bashing me over the head!) "causing" someone to be homosexual. I mean, would everyone rejoice for me if I said I had become a pathological liar because that was who God made me to be? Or if I rejoiced in the fact that I had affairs with tons of women? Now, I'll confess those hit close to home, but facing the criticism and working towards change is one thing, I just can't see wallowing in something God says is sin. Because it comes down to God either meaning what He says, or not. I'm not hating on anyone or being remotely spiteful, I just want to know why one thing God says is sin is celebrated and not all the rest? Just saying.
Quote:
The problem with Gay Christians is the fact that they call themselves Gay Christians, essentially, your sexual identity comes before your reverence for God. Who are you identifying with? If God is second, then he is not the most important, you just put the creator of the universe in second place in your life! I'm a single lady, never had sex, never been kissed and there is a possibility that if the right person does not come into my life and I won’t ever get married, then I would die a virgin. And that maybe His will for me in this life; I live by faith and trust that whatever He commands that He does it for my best interest. So please, consider that maybe not engaging in a homosexual lifestyle (regardless of your feelings, we are all sinful, you are not unique) and trusting God that whatever you do in obedience to Him is the best for you. Fall in love with Jesus!!!! Don't make your sexuality your idol! Give your ALL to your creator who loves you!!!
America sucks.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
America sucks.
Really, any benefits or protections gays have in this country, and I agree they do not have all that they should, is far better than many, and probably most other countries. So America is doing a better job than most.

As for what sucks?
well religious beliefs, these are the things that support decriminalization and intolerance, and mind you without guilt.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #132
Refugee

Local Time: 03:49 PM
I thought the overall non-reaction to Ricky's announcement was a very, very hopeful sign that soon it will be non-news in general to come out. Still a ways to go, but still.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Jesus wept.

a long last, a little common decency and humanity

Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays
Old 04-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
a long last, a little common decency and humanity

Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays
Old 04-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:49 AM
. Excellent news, way to go, Obama.

I'm so beyond done listening to the tired anti-gay bull. It's 2010, just get the hell over this already and grow up. Believe me, there are so many other things worth getting up in arms over.

Angela