the conservative case for same sex marriage - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by singyourlife View Post
Wow. Dare I even dignify this with a response? Are you seriously that ignorant and unintelligent to draw such ridiculous conclusions? Extremely worrying!

4 out of 5 of my male friends turn away from my naked private parts, that is 80%, an overwhelming majority.

I have taken this survey several times, (and we are all straight, GOP, religious moral men)

Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #512
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
(and we are all straight, GOP, religious moral men)

aka, gay.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #513
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
How will boys raised by two women be able to carry on traditional American values like "kickin' ass" and "stuffing sad feelings so far down inside so that the hurt stops"?
Real men sit, sweat, and curse.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #514
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
also, if it's so critical for a child to have a mother and a father (which, sure, it usually is) why don't you focus your efforts on helping heterosexuals be less fucked up in their relationships rather than kicking gay people?

seems like two gay people getting married has little to do with dysfunctional heterosexuals.
A man and a woman as parents didn't really do all that much for me. If the gender part was all that was needed well I would have been all set. There seems to be an implied assumption that it's a happy, healthy relationship. Either that or no matter how horribly dysfunctional a straight relationship is, somehow it's still superior to two male or two female parents. Or that's automatically, innately, "dysfunctional" somehow?

Apparently the deal with the Elton John baby cover was that a few people complained about it in that store and that's why they covered it. Supposedly the policy is to cover it when they get complaints.

I love living where you don't see those covers in supermarkets. The only place I've seen them is in a few smaller stores, where minors would be, that sell Playboy, Hustler, etc. There's just something so sad to me about covering a picture of an innocent baby and his two loving parents.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #515
Blue Crack Addict

That's one very impressive 19 year old. Seems to be very well raised.

A 19-year-old University of Iowa engineering student defended gay marriage in a rousing testimony in front of the Iowa House of Representatives on Tuesday. Zack Wahls spoke out against a resolution which would end civil unions in Iowa by describing his own experience as the son of two lesbian partners.

"Our family really isn't so different from any other Iowa family," said Wahls. "When I am home, we go to church together, we eat dinner, we go on vacations."

Wahls emphasized the typical nature of his upbringing, as well as his own success. He is an Eagle Scout and a small business owner. He also scored in the 99th percentile on the ACT. "If I was your son, Mr. Chairman, I believe I would make you very proud," he said.

Wahls, a sixth-generation Iowan, finished his testimony on an impassioned note. "In my 19 years not once have I ever been confronted by an individual who realized independently that I was raised by a gay couple," he said. "And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero effect on the content of my character."

YouTube - Zach Wahls Speaks About Family
Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #516
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 PM
I thought someone else would have posted this by now

YouTube - Barbara Bush Gay Marriage Supporter
Old 02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #517
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
That's one very impressive 19 year old. Seems to be very well raised.

A 19-year-old University of Iowa engineering student defended gay marriage in a rousing testimony in front of the Iowa House of Representatives on Tuesday. Zack Wahls spoke out against a resolution which would end civil unions in Iowa by describing his own experience as the son of two lesbian partners.

"Our family really isn't so different from any other Iowa family," said Wahls. "When I am home, we go to church together, we eat dinner, we go on vacations."

Wahls emphasized the typical nature of his upbringing, as well as his own success. He is an Eagle Scout and a small business owner. He also scored in the 99th percentile on the ACT. "If I was your son, Mr. Chairman, I believe I would make you very proud," he said.

Wahls, a sixth-generation Iowan, finished his testimony on an impassioned note. "In my 19 years not once have I ever been confronted by an individual who realized independently that I was raised by a gay couple," he said. "And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero effect on the content of my character."

Hooray! Go, Zach, that's really cool. I hope his message made an impact.

There's been an awful lot of letters to state papers here in recent months opposing the removal of the three judges in last November's elections. Which pleases me .

Really cool to see Barbara Bush on board with supporting gay marriage as well .

Angela
Old 02-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #518
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm just the fool here, but I believe,

it is wrong. (in my opinion)

It is not the family unit according to the Bible.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #519
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
No, you're right after all. We should live according to the Bible. Where "moral" lifestyles such as incest and adultery and children out of wedlock were rampant .

If hearing the story about Zach doesn't convince you that there's nothing wrong with this, I don't know what else I can possibly say to you anymore on this issue.

Angela
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #520
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post

It's just a book, let people make their own decisions.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #521
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTeeth View Post
It's just a book, let people make their own decisions.
I agree, you can decide.

I'm just saying that that the ideal child raising scene includes a mother and father.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #522
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I'm just saying that that the ideal child raising scene includes a mother and father.
According to you. There are plenty who would question that, and some, as Irvine has pointed out, that can bring strong evidence to support a different conclusion than yours.

Besides, this kid seems to be doing just fine:

Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #523
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you can believe whatever you want.

don't deny me the same rights you enjoy. i pay taxes, i am a US citizen.

and if it's children we're talking about, studies show that gays and lesbians make good, if not superior, parents.

so you can believe whatever you want. but in a secular society, we rely on things like evidence.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #524
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

is this what you think that marriages were like in Biblical times?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #525
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I agree, you can decide.

You may want to re-read your Bible.

Adam and Eve raised a murderer. Abraham's families were not "mother and father" raising their children. And what about Issac's family?

Reading is fun.