The Christian Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2004, 08:27 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Slap a "Christian" label of the thread and all the athiests come out. Slap an "athiest" label on the thread and all the Christians come out.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #17
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:40 PM
ah zen

Old 12-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Soren Kierkegaard, the great Danish theologian.
Good stuff, very good stuff.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
Finally a thread about Christianity

The Interference forum community seems to be loaded with Christians -- at least it seems that way.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Slap a "Christian" label of the thread and all the athiests come out. Slap an "athiest" label on the thread and all the Christians come out.
Not I! I didn't go in the atheist thread. Should I?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Then the choices would be liar or lunatic. I think he was a decent person who was ahead of his time, but not the son of god. If he thought he was the son of god, then lunatic (since "delusional, but not evil" was not an option).

I think he was entirely human -- nothing divine. I do think that because he was something of an outcast (born out of wedlock) he might well have had a more compassionate view of other people outside the norm.
I can agree with this.

Angela
Old 12-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #22
The Fly

Ah....but how can you pay any attention to a crazy man who thinks he's god? Or if he was not crazy and just decietful, then how can you say his teachings are good? You see you can't really have it both ways. Either you reject him or accept him as who he claimed to be.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NotAnEasyThing
Ah....but how can you pay any attention to a crazy man who thinks he's god? Or if he was not crazy and just decietful, then how can you say his teachings are good? You see you can't really have it both ways. Either you reject him or accept him as who he claimed to be.
I personally believe if anything, he was crazy, not deceitful...but I'd say that even if he personally believed he was the son of God, and it was a mere delusion, it still wouldn't make me ignore his teachings of loving each other and accepting people for who they are and all that, because while he may have his delusions (and personally, I'd say he could think whatever he wanted in regards to who he's related to), the things he's teaching are still things I can apply to my realistic life, as can other people, hence why I'd still pay attention.

Angela
Old 12-28-2004, 03:34 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What would those of you who think Jesus was a liar or crazy say about the numerous prophesies found in the Old Testament that he fulfilled, which in turn, point to him being the Christ?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:06 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by NotAnEasyThing
You seem to see it as only black or white -- I think things can be grey. I do think that Jesus could have been an intelligent, compassionate man, who was a bit delusional -- I do not see them as being mutually exclusive. I think he was well ahead of his time too. I don't say he wasn't a decent human, I just reject him as divine.

As to your "how can you pay any attention to a crazy man" question, I quote E.B. White "Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one." So...a bright person, with many good ideas, but a bit cracked. But I do reject him as the Son of God.

But you can believe whatever you like. If it works for you, that's good.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:40 AM
When I was in high school I myself thought that Jesus was a great teacher who was probably nuts. I'd rejected the faith I'd learned as a child. Things changed when I got out in the jungle, so I've had the experience of looking at the whole situation in more than one way myself. One can believe he was a great guy, a very compassionate and intelligent man, but not God. Then you can take that "leap of faith", and just believe He was God. For me, it's a very emotional, intense matter of the heart that I can't really explain.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #27
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

... I do think that Jesus could have been an intelligent, compassionate man, who was a bit delusional -- I do not see them as being mutually exclusive. ...
Like Dali for example! A complete nutter if there ever was one, but a genius no less.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Are you comparing Dali to Jesus, angie?

ARE YOU!!!!!

wildly inappropriate smilie
shot of nothing in backseat
Old 12-29-2004, 01:36 AM   #29
Jesus Online

Jesus K, nothing of the sort.

I'm comparing Jesus to Dali.
forehead slap

equally flirtatious smilie and backseat being thrown out the window
Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:40 PM
This forum is full of Athiests and Christians. Any Muslims or Hindus or any Zoroaster worshippers? I love that word. Sounds like Toaster.