The Christian Right and the Rise of American Fascism - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #46
She's the One

Local Time: 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
What both sides fail to recognize is that most Americans don't really give a damn either way.
I dunno. Look at election patterns recently.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #47
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:10 AM
But what is voter participation at? That is the key. Voters were nearly split down the middle and keep in mind that many voters are not ideologues either way.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #48
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
But what is voter participation at? That is the key.
Yes. That's the real problem. People who actually think it doesn't matter if they participate or not. I think we've all seen what that can get us.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Sorry I haven't been back to my own thread but after posting it really haven't had time to get into it further. I just thought it was interesting for discussion and just want to point out that the premise of the article was that "Dr. James Luther Adams, my ethics professor at Harvard Divinity School, told us that when we were his age, he was then close to 80, we would all be fighting the "Christian fascists." Hedges isn't asserting that the Christian right of today is fascist but that there is evidence of seeds being planted. Hedges is probably in his 40s and a lot can happen in the next 40 years, and none of us can predict what any of it will be.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:10 PM
I think this is a very interesting topic, and I'd be far from sanguine about it. A lot can change very quickly (relatively speaking), and it's not just America.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 04:10 AM
www.antipasministries.com
Old 04-16-2006, 11:39 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Antipas Ministries is just as insane as every other God minded fool that gets off on the idea that they will be judged superior to other people. They are no different than the "Left Behind" mob or the cult like believers of the 12th Imam.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Interesting the disconnect between the Statement of Faith and the application of Scripture as describe through the rest of the Atipas Ministries site.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #54
Refugee

How quick you are to "judge" Antipas Ministries - sure, some of what they say is highly questionable but if you were to take some time reading some of thier writings dating back to the early 90's they are right about one thing...the rise of Right Wing American Fundamentalist Christianity and it's "anti-christ" tendencies. These folks were on about an American Theocracy years before it was a trendy subject for magazines like Harpers. They have been on top of these "False Prophets" of the so called American Church for longer than anyone I know of. So before you label all of of Antipas Ministries "nuts" I would urge you to take a deeper look at SOME of the articles - they are extremely interesting. As far as comparing them to Tim LaHaye and his "Left Behind" bunch...you've got to be kidding!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
How quick you are to "judge" Antipas Ministries - sure, some of what they say is highly questionable but if you were to take some time reading some of thier writings dating back to the early 90's they are right about one thing...the rise of Right Wing American Fundamentalist Christianity and it's "anti-christ" tendencies. These folks were on about an American Theocracy years before it was a trendy subject for magazines like Harpers. They have been on top of these "False Prophets" of the so called American Church for longer than anyone I know of. So before you label all of of Antipas Ministries "nuts" I would urge you to take a deeper look at SOME of the articles - they are extremely interesting. As far as comparing them to Tim LaHaye and his "Left Behind" bunch...you've got to be kidding!!!
The nature of the believer is to find more or less identical beliefs outrageous.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #56
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:10 AM
I think Multinational COrporations and Bankers are driving us to facism with help from the Christian Right, or maybe that's a shield.

Interesting trailer. Congressman Ron Paul gave an excellent speech the other day, available on his website.

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/high.html
Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 AM
I think he's right, and this scares the out of me.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

The same group that caused 9/11 are behind this.

What a bunch of malarchy. And, to top it off, just about all the quotes deal with the federal government, not multinational corporations, bankers and the Christian Right.

I guess clarity gets lost when looking through the fog of the VRWC.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #59
Refugee

If by now (2006) you don't have SERIOUS questions as to what went down on the morning of September 11, 2001 then you are at best a fool. Many of us realized something was wrong that very day!!! How dare you take the oh-so-easy route and just laugh at any "conspiracy" theories. Oh ya, I've got one for ya buddy - Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman as well. What a joke. Or better said " What a bunch of malarchy!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict