The Children Left Behind by AIDS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
HI EVERYONE!

This is my first post here in this forum, even though I come here a lot to see what is on people's minds.

With all the great response to mrs. springsteen's post regarding the U.N. report about the current state of HIV/AIDS around the world, I wanted to mention to you another VERY SAD and IMPORTANT aspect of AIDS - the children who are left behind, most of whom have no one able to care for them and that are in countries that are too poor to adequately take care of them.:ohmy:

On our homepage, there is an article about the Ugandan Children's Charity Foundation (www.uccf.org) which is an organization presently taking care of almost one thousand AIDS orphaned children in Uganda - a nation VERY SPECIAL TO BONO as it is the home of his dear friend, Agnes Nyamayarwo and of TASO, the organization that Bono has enthusiastically supported for years. :yes: :up:

I encourage everyone here to please read that article and check out the UCCF website to start learning more about the uncertain futures that SO MANY African children have and what WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM! :angel: :hug:

And THANK YOU to the B-man for caring SO MUCH about the Future of Africa's People! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Can you please post the link to the story about the little girl who wrote the book about who will cuddle the AIDs orphans? :sad:

I just started sponsoring a child from Uganda through the Christian Children's Fund last month. It's really neat to be so directly helpful to someone.

If you aren't able to financially help out - remember just your voice is important and it takes only a minute:

http://www.theonecampaign.org/

Thanks SO MUCH, Boston Anne, and EVERYONE for your show of support for these VERY PRECIOUS yet VUNERABLE CHILDREN. :up: :hug:

Like Bono has said so many times - hisory will judge us harsh for not doing everything we knew we could to prevent the AIDS catastrophe......but God will "judge" us even harsher!:yes:

Whatever you choose to do - DO SOMETHING POSITIVE TO HELP THESE LITTLE ONES WHO HAVE NO ONE LEFT TO CARE FOR THEM!:angel:

Like Bono said - their lives are bigger than any big ideas. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Thank you SO MUCH, mrs. springsteen, for posting this article!:yes:

The rise of children left behind by AIDS in countries where they have little chance for any kind of a happy and hopeful future is ALARMING and really should disturb us. :(

If not out of our humanity and sense of Justice, then we should be concerned about this developing crisis of millions of orphaned children growing up desparate in poverty around the world because, these children can definitely become the angry "terrorists" of tomorrow.

As Bob Marley said in "Them Belly Full": A hungry man is an angry man. :ohmy:

Again, I encourage ALL of us who are socially concerned people to find a way to DO SOMETHING POSITIVE for these most vunerable, innocent children. :wink:

I KNOW in my heart that it would make the children feel good, you feel good and Bono feel good. :up: :angel: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom