The Bush ad with the wolves in it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time. They premiered it on CNN on Crossfire and the audience laughed.

Not to mention, had they done any environmental polling, they'd have found that the majority of the public A) no longer fears wolves and B) is in favour of protecting them and their habitats from encroaching developments.

Lame ad.

But I will also say that eagle ad from the DNC is lameass as well.

Bush has been "preying on people's fear"
since 9/11.
Hey, whatever works for the brainless twit.
What the hey......Bush is hated all over
the world. No matter, because "us" Americans are better than anybody else.
Amerika uber alles....rise for the flag
salute. You must obey. We know what
is good for you. You must now rise for
the flag salute. Uh oh....someone didn't
obey. That person is now an enemy of
the state. We are the best. Remember
that well. You must now obey and rise
for the flag salute.....
Say goodnight, George Orwell..

tell that to the 3000 or so people who died on 9/11 and the many who died before in terrorist attacks in africa, russia, japan, etc, etc, etc. Just because its not your fear doesn't mean its not someone elses reality. I find it amazing that these days one soldier dies in Iraq and its all over the news and yet hundreds would die in terrorist attacks all over the globe in the 80s and 90s and it was barely on the radar. For all those trusting in the UN, how is the situation in Sudan going? I don't see much of that on the news these days.

We should all be afraid.

The Bush Administration, hid for 18 months the fact that some 350 tonnes of RDX explosives were stolen in Iraq (and subsequently may have been the very explosives maiming and killing Americans), and that the Administration knew about their location and failed to secure the weapons. Then they hid this fact and lied for over a year.

We should be afraid. Where are these 350 tonnes? Have they crossed Iraqi borders? Are they on that plane you'll be flying tomorrow?

I'm actually far more afraid of all the nuclear/biological materials and know-how that was propagated without interference from the ex-Soviet republics in the 90s.

And Kerry has been telling seniors that Bush will leave them with no Social Security (a DNC favorite since, what, 1968?). The fear card has been in play for a while.

Just waiting for the race or gender card to be played.....

Maybe it the culture of all news, all the time. 24/7 eye that never sleeps, never blinks. Maybe it that media have become a machine that must constantly be fed and unlike in the days where there were three networks and a daily paper, there is more pressure to get it out first. Maybe it's that sombody decided the National Enquirer was a legitimate news source. Maybe it's that these days, people can choose the news that fits their biases. Maybe it's that with the advent of the internet, news has become democratizes so that anybody with a computer can put out his or hers own version of the truth. Maybe it's the fact that media magnify our voices so that you have to shout to get attention. It is nearly impossible to shout and be thoughtful at the same time.. Maybe it's that simplicity sells. and just maybe it's that there is money in division.

nbcrusader said:
And Kerry has been telling seniors that Bush will leave them with no Social Security (a DNC favorite since, what, 1968?). The fear card has been in play for a while.

The DNC accused Bush of the same thing on social security in 2000 as I recall. Kerry is also playing the "draft" card regularly--even though Bush as said on numerous occasions that there will not be a draft while he is in office.

nbcrusader said:

Wait no more...

Meet the Press
Sunday October 24th

MR. RUSSERT: Terry McAuliffe, there are reports out of Florida. Tom Feeney, the Republican congressman down there, said that, "Kerry thugs harassing Bush voters who are in line trying to cast their vote for the president." They were being mocked and scorned and yelled at by some of the Kerry supporters. What's going on?

MR. McAULIFFE: Let's be very clear on this, Tim. The goal of the Democratic Party is to make sure that everybody who has a right to vote in this country can go into those polls and can vote. We know what the Republicans are trying to do. They're going to try and disenfranchise voters. We want everybody to vote. It's the Republican Party today that is still under a consent decree because of 20 years of a history of voter suppression.

Now, who gets disenfranchised? Predominantly, it's the African-American community which supports this party 92 percent of the time. It's the Hispanic community that votes for this party 66 percent of the time.

Lost my connection ?? before I had a chance to say:
That quote is part of an article I read yesterday from Leonard Pitts at the recent American Asso. of Sunday & Feature Editors conference in New Orleans. He put it so well that I am quoting him.

drivemytrabant said:

It's the Republican Party today that is still under a consent decree because of 20 years of a history of voter suppression.

One more thing to be ashamed of -
if you are a Republican.

psst, Republicans drink the blood of infants at their secret campaign meetings just like their Zionist Neocon Overlords pass it on - I heard it from a "fake but accurate" and "unimpeachable" source.

cat.tinfoil.hat.jpg

Last edited:
anitram said:
We should all be afraid.

The Bush Administration, hid for 18 months the fact that some 350 tonnes of RDX explosives were stolen in Iraq (and subsequently may have been the very explosives maiming and killing Americans), and that the Administration knew about their location and failed to secure the weapons. Then they hid this fact and lied for over a year.

We should be afraid. Where are these 350 tonnes? Have they crossed Iraqi borders? Are they on that plane you'll be flying tomorrow?

Haven't quite watched the news since the NT Times decided to try an "October Suprise" on Bush?

NBC reporters that were embedded with the military have reported that the explosives were already gone when the U.S. secured the facility. It's sad that this disproven story is still being used as talking points by kerry and others on the left.

I don't see the wolves as preying on 9-11 fears. In fact, when is there any mention in the ad about 9-11?? I see this if anything as saying that we still live in a dangerous world and there are people out there who want to hurt Americans. "Weakness attracts people who are waiting to do America harm." Obviously Bush is trying to hammer the message that Kerry wouldn't be as tough on terrorists, which would only embolden terrorists.

Why is it that the same people condemning Bush for the Wolves ad aren't condemning Kerry for playing the fear card with social security and the draft? The difference between the Wolves that Bush is pushing and the Security/Draft fears that Kerry is pushing is that terrorism is a very real threat, while Bush has said over and over that there will NEVER be a draft if he is President and that he will NEVER take away Social Security benefits. Sad, very sad.

ImOuttaControl said:

NBC reporters that were embedded with the military have reported that the explosives were already gone when the U.S. secured the facility. It's sad that this disproven story is still being used as talking points by kerry and others on the left.

Wha? The NBC embed said they were there and they left them unguarded. Where is your link to prove me wrong?
my link

as mentioned in the previous thread, your story is based on unnamed officials, mine is an eye-witness and she has a name and proof she was there.

sharky said:
as mentioned in the previous thread, your story is based on unnamed officials, mine is an eye-witness and she has a name and proof she was there.

The fact of the matter is that you on the left would love nothing more to believe this, but there is substantial proof that these weapons were gone before U.S. was even there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom