The Bush ad with the wolves in it.... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 09:50 AM

Old 10-26-2004, 03:26 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
We should all be afraid.

The Bush Administration, hid for 18 months the fact that some 350 tonnes of RDX explosives were stolen in Iraq (and subsequently may have been the very explosives maiming and killing Americans), and that the Administration knew about their location and failed to secure the weapons. Then they hid this fact and lied for over a year.

We should be afraid. Where are these 350 tonnes? Have they crossed Iraqi borders? Are they on that plane you'll be flying tomorrow?

Haven't quite watched the news since the NT Times decided to try an "October Suprise" on Bush?

NBC reporters that were embedded with the military have reported that the explosives were already gone when the U.S. secured the facility. It's sad that this disproven story is still being used as talking points by kerry and others on the left.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #18
Refugee

I don't see the wolves as preying on 9-11 fears. In fact, when is there any mention in the ad about 9-11?? I see this if anything as saying that we still live in a dangerous world and there are people out there who want to hurt Americans. "Weakness attracts people who are waiting to do America harm." Obviously Bush is trying to hammer the message that Kerry wouldn't be as tough on terrorists, which would only embolden terrorists.

Why is it that the same people condemning Bush for the Wolves ad aren't condemning Kerry for playing the fear card with social security and the draft? The difference between the Wolves that Bush is pushing and the Security/Draft fears that Kerry is pushing is that terrorism is a very real threat, while Bush has said over and over that there will NEVER be a draft if he is President and that he will NEVER take away Social Security benefits. Sad, very sad.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ImOuttaControl

NBC reporters that were embedded with the military have reported that the explosives were already gone when the U.S. secured the facility. It's sad that this disproven story is still being used as talking points by kerry and others on the left.
Wha? The NBC embed said they were there and they left them unguarded. Where is your link to prove me wrong?
my link
Old 10-26-2004, 04:06 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

Wha? The NBC embed said they were there and they left them unguarded. Where is your link to prove me wrong?
my link

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ves/index.html

This is in direct contradiciton with what Kerry is claiming.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:08 PM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:50 AM
as mentioned in the previous thread, your story is based on unnamed officials, mine is an eye-witness and she has a name and proof she was there.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
as mentioned in the previous thread, your story is based on unnamed officials, mine is an eye-witness and she has a name and proof she was there.
The fact of the matter is that you on the left would love nothing more to believe this, but there is substantial proof that these weapons were gone before U.S. was even there.