The bloody battle of 08 - Guliani vs. Obama - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 05:43 AM
The bloody battle of 08 - Guliani vs. Obama

I'm casting my prediction out there fairly early...it will be Rudy Guliani vs. Barak Obama in the presidential race of 2008. By the time the actual election comes about Hillary will have run out of steam and the republicans will take anyone who actually can keep the Whitehouse (which will be Guliani). Despite the republicans absolutely horrible record these past 8 years the race will be very close. Closer than everyone thinks possible now. Partly due to the fact that many southern republicans will rally to Guliani despite his pro-choice, pro-gay stances just to prevent a Black man from winning the presidency. Right now (March 2007) my gut tells me Barak Obama will become the next president of the United States. Any thoughts people???

Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:43 PM
yeah. you're wrong.

hillary will be the next president of the united states. after being through two wars (one of them apparently hopeless) and listened to W's macho rhetoric for 8 years, the american people are ready for their first female president. mind you, its not a coincidence that hillary has decided to run now.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Guiliani will not get the GOP vote, they are still looking for someone to cater more to the CC side, otherwise they won't win.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Huckabee vs. Edwards
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON
Huckabee vs. Edwards
Huckabee? Really? Is that just your canidate or do you honestly think he has a chance?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Huckabee? Really? Is that just your canidate or do you honestly think he has a chance?
I actually don't know. I just thought I'd throw a name out there. So far, he's the only GOP candidate I'd vote for.

It is way too early. I don't think anyone really predicted John Kerry at this point 4 years ago. I am sure there will be a suprise somewhere.

I think Clinton and Obama will beat each other up and leave the door open for #3 (if that is Edwards). I think the Dems best chance is someone that isn't too "anti-war" and is big on economic reform (we'll probably be in a recession - at least I'm sure the Dems hope we are. That would be certain victory), the environment, and stopping illegal immigration.

On the GOP side, it is anyone's game. Romney looks like a Kerry-like flip flopper. And I honestly don't think a Mormon has a chance to win Middle America. Guiliani is okay, but having 3 marriages doesn't help shore up the Evangelicals. McCain seems like a decent choice, and should be the front runner. I think he's also a bit of a flip-flopper. That he is not frunt-runner seems to say that voters are holding out for someone better. Huckabee is probably too far behind at this point. But he is the only one that seems like a classic conservative.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think the Dems best chance is someone that isn't too "anti-war" and is big on economic reform (we'll probably be in a recession - at least I'm sure the Dems hope we are. That would be certain victory), the environment, and stopping illegal immigration.
I really don't see being a pro-war canidate helping anyone next election, I think most people conservatives included are fed up with the way the war is going. So any alternative will help a canidate.
Quote:

Huckabee is probably too far behind at this point. But he is the only one that seems like a classic conservative.
Seems more like a "classic" neo-con than a classic conservative.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Guiliani will not get the GOP vote, they are still looking for someone to cater more to the CC side, otherwise they won't win.
Thats what has been said for like the last 4 years; but the polling among those very CC would beg to differ.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Thats what has been said for like the last 4 years; but the polling among those very CC would beg to differ.
I don't think that polling is necessarily indicative here. These people won't vote for somebody else - they'll stay home on election night. A poll won't reveal that at this point because they are not polling likely voters.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I wouldn't make any bets yet. Wait until after all the dirt is dug up.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:43 PM
I think Matt Santos will win.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
The Fly

Re: The bloody battle of 08 - Guliani vs. Obama

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Partly due to the fact that many southern republicans will rally to Guliani despite his pro-choice, pro-gay stances just to prevent a Black man from winning the presidency.
This is from your years of experience living in the South? Ignorant bigot!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It'll be Hillary Clinton vs. Mitt Romney, and she'll win big.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

i fear that the only thing that can save the Republicans from completely imploding -- though it's arguable that they might have just done that this week with the Libby verdict validating the extent to which the nation was lied to in order to go to war, the Coulter slur, the firing of attorneys who didn't tow the republican line, the neglect of Iraq war veterans after undermining them in the field -- the only thing that could "get the band back together" is the prospect of an HRC presidency.

i think HRC is fine. i think she's been a shrewd, effective Senator.

but if you truly want change, if you truly want the Republicans of the Bush era vanquished and to turn a new page in politics, please, vote Obama.

so far. things could change.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:43 PM
the democrats have much stronger profiles than the republicans this time.