The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yeah, I can't believe Texas (or Georgia) are not solid red for this election.

It's not really the shifting demographic, of course. I mean I'm sure part of it is. But a lot of it... it's Donald Trump.

How I would love to see Clinton pull a Reagan and color the map blue. If only to show the world we aren't that stupid.
I mean, with a normal candidate running against a normal Democrat, the Republicans would have flipped Iowa back into their column and probably Ohio while North Carolina would be a nail biter again. That's about it. Everything else would have been just like 2012.

So yes, it really does all have to do with Trump who vastly underperforms in red states, making up the ground in the heartland and rust belt. Had he been able to keep his trap shut after taking the lead in the primary, he may have been able to be fairly scary for Democrats in a lot of places and build up an Electoral wall to 270.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Texas is within the margin of error.

TEXAS.

Yea, I know there's the dream of turning Texas purple within the next 20 years due to the demographic shifts, but nobody expected it this soon.
I think the projections are only 12 years for Texas to turn, based on demographics.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:44 AM
The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Texas is within the margin of error.

TEXAS.

Yea, I know there's the dream of turning Texas purple within the next 20 years due to the demographic shifts, but nobody expected it this soon.

I'm a bit upset because I'm unexpectedly traveling the whole time during early voting and Election Day (an American experience that I will get from Toronto), and it's too late for me to realistically get an absentee ballot, so I can't be part of the Texas for Hillary effort.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:44 AM
The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

I almost missed the absentee deadline myself -- I don't have a mailing or permanent U.K. address so getting the ballot was a nightmare.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Politics is dirty business.

Clinton attack featuring Miss Universe was months in the making, email shows
Old 10-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #51
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Which begs the question: if the Clinton campaign could see this and have it prepped for months, where the hell were the other Republican candidates' opposition research teams during the entirety of the primary? It's not like Donald Trump's sleazebag ways were well-kept secrets.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:44 AM
While I don't see much changing in regards to the economy under Clinton (meaning she'll be just like Obama), I do really hope she has learned from the past in regards to foreign policy.

I think best case she finds ways to lessen our impact and footprint in the Middle East. Worst case she turns out to be a true war hawk. Odds are, she follows the Obama method in regards to drone strikes, special forces, and negotiations.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #53
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
How I would love to see Clinton pull a Reagan and color the map blue. If only to show the world we aren't that stupid.

Yep, the bigger the Clinton win, the more it will do to help salvage the US's international reputation. Trump has inflicted some pretty grave wounds.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:44 PM
No wonder Obama is pissed. He spent the last 8 years repairing our image overseas to see it all go to Hell because of the Orange Fascist.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:44 AM
They chose a wonderful time to announce that. Luckily, Clinton has the history installed of "criticizing" parts of Obamacare recently. This was probably intentional.

I wish they'd kill this health insurance crap and just give us health coverage.

I'm in the United Kingdom right now. I had to go to the hospital yesterday (side note, because everyone is lazy on the weekend and doesn't do shit so it was the only place I could get urgent care). I literally went to the hospital for a freaking sinus infection and ear infection. It took the same long ass wait as it would in the US, except I didn't leave $1500 in debt like each of the last two times I went to a hospital in the United States. I went to the hospital here for convenience! Imagine such a novelty.

Excuse my insurance rent but fuck that system. Obamacare did help me as a college student who would've been another $1500 in debt had I gone to the hospital on my previous insurance. But health insurance as an idea is fucking stupid.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
They chose a wonderful time to announce that. Luckily, Clinton has the history installed of "criticizing" parts of Obamacare recently. This was probably intentional.

I'm in the United Kingdom right now. I had to go to the hospital yesterday (side note, because everyone is lazy on the weekend and doesn't do shit so it was the only place I could get urgent care). I literally went to the hospital for a freaking sinus infection and ear infection. It took the same long ass wait as it would in the US, except I didn't leave $1500 in debt like each of the last two times I went to a hospital in the United States. I went to the hospital here for convenience! Imagine such a novelty.

Excuse my insurance rent but fuck that system. Obamacare did help me as a college student who would've been another $1500 in debt had I gone to the hospital on my previous insurance. But health insurance as an idea is fucking stupid.

Obamacare had to slowly show the uncaring that denying healthcare is wrong, that private insurance is not the correct way to approach medicine, and that they have to admit they wanted these fundamentals.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Jesus........I just turned down a job that would've given me health benefits, too.....
Old 10-25-2016, 12:37 AM   #59
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
[...]
Seriously. For outsiders, apart from the intense religiosity of US politics (which has been comparatively absent this time around), healthcare is easily the most baffling aspect. The idea that somebody may even need to go into debt for routine treatments is incomprehensible, and the sky hasn't fallen either.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I think I better move to Mexico before Orange Donnie builds that wall.
Friggin' Obama.

They're talking 25 percent increases.