The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
There is a lot of anecdotal reports of Trump signs vastly outnumbering Clinton signs. .
I heard a story on the radio a couple weeks ago how Crooked Hillary's campaign is more or less eschewing the old lawn signs as they find them to be a thing of the past and is instead sinking their money into internet advertising.
Considering how many ads I've seen on my computer screen asking me to sign the petition to "be with her", I'd say the story is accurate.
Lack of Clinton signs is indicative of nothing, Orange Donnie's getting rolled in 16 days unless we find out Crooked Hillary is actually Hitler's granddaughter in the interim.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:51 PM
I saw the first two debates, but only caught parts of the third. I just can't stand listening to Trump bellyache and babble on anymore.

Quote:
I think if there's anything to worry about its that Trump's support may be understated in some parts of the country, and/or those who support Hillary don't come in the numbers they need because they just assume she's going to roll to victory.
This is my biggest concern. I really don't want Hilary supporters to just sit back and assume she's got this. Yeah, Trump's had a nasty few weeks recently, to put it mildly...but that just makes his supporters dig in their heels even more. And even people who aren't big Trump fans have come to his defense in recent weeks claiming all the criticism of him and the things he's said is "overblown".

As for the signs, I've seen a couple Hilary signs and a couple Trump ones, but for the most part the lawns here are pretty empty in general. My family does know people at our workplaces who've expressed support for Trump, though. And on our local news the other night, they shared the results of an area poll asking who viewers thought won the final debate...and Trump got, like, 51% of viewers claiming he'd won, I think the number was.

(Trump's got a lot of fans here in Iowa. It's very disconcerting and makes me really nervous about his chances of carrying this state come Election Day. If he wins Iowa, I may start looking at other states to move to.)

Old 10-23-2016, 10:30 PM   #33
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
I mean... there's that whole slavery thing
Touche, though you inherited that one from the Brits. The orange fascist is entirely your own doing.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Touche, though you inherited that one from the Brits. The orange fascist is entirely your own doing.
Actually, it's Mark Burnett's fault. So again, the Brits are to blame.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #35
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Also, how does anyone make it through watching the debates?
Following hilarious people on Twitter is how I make it through.

Also, alcohol.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #36
The Fly

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Cool. I've been feeling like Internet Paranoia is something I've been lacking in my life lately.

(Also, I did catch up on the last thread. )

I'm a little ashamed to admit I watched the debate while on Maui. But in my defense, it was on in the middle of the afternoon, which was my daily siesta time anyway. And I had some really good beer from Maui Brewing Company.

Name:  ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1477283796.586368.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  46.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-24-2016, 01:12 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I heard a story on the radio a couple weeks ago how Crooked Hillary's campaign is more or less eschewing the old lawn signs as they find them to be a thing of the past and is instead sinking their money into internet advertising.

Considering how many ads I've seen on my computer screen asking me to sign the petition to "be with her", I'd say the story is accurate.

Lack of Clinton signs is indicative of nothing, Orange Donnie's getting rolled in 16 days unless we find out Crooked Hillary is actually Hitler's granddaughter in the interim.

I don't actually think number of signs I see is indicative of anything (I was mostly making a joke, saying my purely anecdotal noting of signs is "super scientific"), aside from a basic thought about how I've seen almost none for either side. Around here you'd think the biggest election coming up is for county sheriff if you go purely off number of signs. Those things are everywhere. In seriousness, I made sure I'm registered to vote back in May when I renewed my drivers license so if the unthinkable awful happens and the orange clown wins at least I can bitch about it.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:56 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, local election signs are far more prevalent around here as well.

Though every afternoon on my drive home I do pass under a guy who is on a route 3 overpass with a Trump sign and some other home made sign which changes daily (last Thursday he just had "Benghazi" on a piece of paper in sharpie).
Old 10-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

I think the only thing that MAY understate some of the Trump support is the fact that some of his supporters may be too ashamed to admit it to a pollster on the phone but will end up voting for him. This is supported by the fact that he pretty consistently performs better in automated polls (when a robot calls you) than in polls where real, live people call. However I think this has to be a fairly small number because most people who are capable of feeling shame in respect of voting for Trump are probably not voting for him anymore.

In my view, absent something catastrophic happening in the next 2 weeks, the only question will be which/how many traditionally Republican states Hillary takes.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

On the reverse side, I also think that Trump supporters are also some of the loudest and proudest.

I feel like I'd be much more likely to see Trump paraphernalia... a bumper sticker, a shirt or hat, something with the orange man's branding. Whereas I still feel like most Clinton supporters/voters are rolling their eyes and are the clear majority.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #41
She's the One

Local Time: 07:51 PM
I live in super conservative neighborhood, and I haven't seen one Trump sign. It's a heavily Mormon neighborhood, though, so that may explain it. There were Romney signs last time, obviously. There are a ton of school board signs, because the other third of the neighborhood are teachers. (The last third are cops.)
Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Over the last few weeks someone plastered southeastern NH with Trump signs. They are everywhere.

Desperate times and whatnot.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:50 PM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Texas is within the margin of error.

TEXAS.

Yea, I know there's the dream of turning Texas purple within the next 20 years due to the demographic shifts, but nobody expected it this soon.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

Yeah, I can't believe Texas (or Georgia) are not solid red for this election.

It's not really the shifting demographic, of course. I mean I'm sure part of it is. But a lot of it... it's Donald Trump.

How I would love to see Clinton pull a Reagan and color the map blue. If only to show the world we aren't that stupid.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm thinking Trump is actually going to close some of the gap between him and Clinton from now until election day. My reasoning is that he's basically the reverse of every candidate in his position. So, Mitt Romney, for example, was screwed once the debates were over because it left him without a national stage to make up any ground whereas the debates are what really hurt Trump and as he is able to distance himself from them as the weeks go on, it seems like he can only start to improve a little.