the bible = the tree of the knowledge of good and evil () Jesus = the tree of life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael111

Babyface
The bible

It is a book containing the knowledge of good and evil.

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the bible is the knowledge of good and evil. The bible is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Ritualistic animal sacrifices, ceremonies incorporating the blood of dead animals, superstitious numbers, curses, evil spirits, dark prophecies... all in the bible.

Plotting, conspiracy, mass-murder, betrayal, genocide, slavery, suffering, wars... all in the bible.

A book is not 'Holy' if it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons...

It is darkness. It is contaminated. It is unclean. It is poison.

Religion is the church of the poison mind. Minds poisoned by the knowledge of evil. People are deceived by religion.

The kingdom of God is within us all. Not within the pages of a book containing the knowledge of evil. I have recently shut it for good. I will not touch, nor taste of it again.

Because of Jesus Christ, I'm back in the land of the living. I've torn off my fig-leaf, and am returning to Eden. I am who God made me to be. The shame, guilt, and confusion is past-tense.

Thank You Jesus.

The Tree of Life = Jesus Christ

Eat freely from this tree and be saved.

------------------------

"Imagine" - John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Jesus is the answer!

Michael111

Tree of Life :up:

PhylogeneticTree.jpg

As much as I don't like some things that happened, especially in the old testement (i.e. God ordering the death or every man woman child in a city), and as much as I don't believe the bible to be the work of perfection so many think it is, I think you hold a very immature viewpoint.

Smacks of someone who probably read all that on some website and didn't bother to actually read the book itself, much of which preaches love, tolerance, compassion, loyalty, honor, integrity, goodwill, peace etc..

certainly a better source of morality than 99% of the mdeia bullshit we ingest everyday

especially the new testement, which I think is very beautiful. Like I said, I do have some issues with the old...but it still has some great stories for moral guidance

:up: Well said, Basstrap.

Let us not forget, that the Bible reports history. There is not a single country or tribe anywhere that doesn't have violence and wickedness somewhere in its history. Some histories gloss over these less-than-pleasant aspects; the Bible tells it like it was. Ugly and unpleasant, yes, but it's the truth and we must learn from it. I believe it was Santayana who said, "He who sleeps through history is doomed to repeat it."

I've ingested my share of liberal scholarship and Bible bashing in my day, but that is one of the saddest things I've ever read. I'm not sure how an idea like that even develops let alone becomes a philosophy.

It's funny how you can dismiss something while endorsing the idea inside of it (tree of knowledge of good & evil). Pick and choose and make whatever religion feels best to you, I guess. Love and follow Jesus but deny the source he based life upon. Gotta love the age of relativity.

Hope you get a new perspective.

Last edited:
stammer476 said:
I've ingested my share of liberal scholarship in my day, but that is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

I wouldn't call this scholarship. More like a hit-and-run.

I'm attempting to figure out the philosophy within this, if there's any. "The kingdom of God is within us all" is a very Gnostic concept, that's for sure. But I am disappointed in the logic that, if evil exists at all in a book, then it must be wholly discarded. With that logic, we should discard everything then, because good and evil co-exist; by the nature of free will, they are inseparable.

The Bible is a human creation, inspired by God, but a human creation nonetheless. If we had it right from the beginning, then Jesus would never have come the first time, and if we had it right since, then Jesus would never have to come again.

Melon

melon said:

I wouldn't call this scholarship. More like a hit-and-run.

Agreed, Melon. "Liberal scholarship" was the wrong term to use, hence the edit. Even those on the liberal end of the Bible wouldn't think this. They're smarter than that.

melon said:
If we had it right from the beginning, then Jesus would never have come the first time, and if we had it right since, then Jesus would never have to come again.

Get ready for the Second Coming!

Back
Top Bottom