The Baby Boomer Ban Generation - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:46 PM
The Baby Boomer Ban Generation

Yeah, they were all free love and freedom stuff in the 60s, but now that they are members of government and local city counsils they seem hell bent on banning everything they view as bad for the rest of us.

What a drag you flower people turned out to be.

OK...

I'm lighting a Camel non-filter and drinking a glass of whole milk.

I know...I'll be dead in a hundred years or less.

You will be too.

What do you think?

Old 01-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Very true. I think deep down they remember all the shit they got into and don't want their kids into it, or worse.

But I'm not their kid.

Edit: But I also think every generation goes through that. Young people are progressive generally, compared to their parents...but then they get older, and want everything to stay the same. Nature I guess.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:46 PM
I think the banners are putting quantity over quality. They want to make everyone's life miserable trying to "save" them, and in effect are making their lives a complete hell. If someone wants to smoke Camel filterless and drink whole milk, that's strictly their business, and none of mine.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Re: The Baby Boomer Ban Generation

Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse

I'm lighting a Camel non-filter and drinking a glass of whole milk.

I wish you wouldn't

I need you around to pay into Social Security

a good portion of your wages belong to me

(Planning to spend my golden years in Vegas, where the sins of the 60s may still not be forbodden.)
Old 01-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I think the banners are putting quantity over quality. They want to make everyone's life miserable trying to "save" them, and in effect are making their lives a complete hell. If someone wants to smoke Camel filterless and drink whole milk, that's strictly their business, and none of mine.
Right on!!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:54 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:46 PM

Don't forget to inhale, kids!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:46 PM
What's the problem with whole milk?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
War Child

I think I remember this exact thread not too long ago here.

Anyway, if you want to kill yourself, go right ahead. Just make sure to cancel your Medicare and health insurance coverage first, because your "irresponsibility" leads to higher health care costs for the rest of us.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Why should the rest of us be paying for idiots - practically a slogan against public healthcare. Incidently did anybody just see the story that the ammount of education is a large control on health long term; a little knowledge may not be such a dangerous thing.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #10
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Why should the rest of us be paying for idiots - practically a slogan against public healthcare.
An irrelevant side tangent, because whether your health care is public or private, idiots are still running up the bill, as American health insurance premiums can attest.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Maybe idiots should be picking up the bill; higher premiums on the basis of risk factors, but then is it allowable to take the step beyond the strictly environmental and go to genetic?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus
I think I remember this exact thread not too long ago here.

Anyway, if you want to kill yourself, go right ahead. Just make sure to cancel your Medicare and health insurance coverage first, because your "irresponsibility" leads to higher health care costs for the rest of us.
Yes I remember this thread as well, too lazy to look...

But yes if you don't want to be healthy, that's fine, just make sure you do it on your own time and own bill. Don't expect me to pay for it.

Yes there are some that are going overboard, and I find it just as annoying as this type of whining. Extremes on both ends are hurting us.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's not just idiots that are running up the health insurance premiums. The whole system is set up based on treatment rather than prevention. Ask any health care provider how hard it would be to make a living through preventation alone. Tests and procedures need to be done in order to get reimbursemants. Development of drugs A and B along with diagnostic machines C and D are driving the cost up to. It's sort of like an arms race going on. So in the eyes of many, the guy smoking unfiltered camels drinking whole milk is a better patient than the patient who runs 5 miles and drinks a glass of wine a day. So living a healthier life will do little to bring premiums down under this current system.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
It's not just idiots that are running up the health insurance premiums. The whole system is set up based on treatment rather than prevention. Ask any health care provider how hard it would be to make a living through preventation alone. Tests and procedures need to be done in order to get reimbursemants. Development of drugs A and B along with diagnostic machines C and D are driving the cost up to. It's sort of like an arms race going on. So in the eyes of many, the guy smoking unfiltered camels drinking whole milk is a better patient than the patient who runs 5 miles and drinks a glass of wine a day. So living a healthier life will do little to bring premiums down under this current system.
Well this is somewhat backwards logic. Development for drugs a and b, or treatment c and d wouldn't be such a lucrative industry if weren't for those with the attitudes of iron horse.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Well this is somewhat backwards logic. Development for drugs a and b, or treatment c and d wouldn't be such a lucrative industry if weren't for those with the attitudes of iron horse.
Exactly, it's definitely backwards logic, but it's whats going on - the whole system feeds on it. Health care seems to disobey the tradition rules of economics. It's really amazing when you sit down and look at how messed up the system is. Without a major overhaul of the system, which in it's own right would be extremely difficult, the problem will only get worse.