the awfulness of Nancy Grace - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 09-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:31 AM
Nancy Grace is a corn-filled turd.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
War Child
Local Time: 06:31 AM
Glen Beck's appearance on CNN blew my mind. Is he there on his own, or is there an opposite opinion to balance his out? It's like CNN decided to add a low-rent Limbaugh to their line-up. Do you ever think we'll get a cable news channel that is the opposite of Fox? It wouldn't ease the partisan nature of American politics, but I'd surely love to see it.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Originally posted by najeena
Do you ever think we'll get a cable news channel that is the opposite of Fox?

Gore seems to think we still need one.

Ironically enough, he isn't much of a social liberal
Old 08-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
(AP)OCALA, Fla. — A federal judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit that claims CNN's Nancy Grace pushed the mother of a missing toddler to suicide through aggressive questioning.

CNN and Grace argued the wrongful death lawsuit brought by Melinda Duckett's family would "severely chill" journalists' coverage of missing-persons cases. But U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges on Thursday denied their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Duckett, 21, was on Grace's show after her son Trenton went missing from her apartment in August 2006. Grace grilled the woman, accusing her of hiding something because Duckett did not take a lie-detector test and answered vaguely regarding her whereabouts.

Duckett fatally shot herself before the network aired the pre-taped interview.

The family claims Grace's intense questioning caused severe emotional distress that led to the suicide. The lawsuit also claims that the decision to air the interview after her suicide caused the family to suffer severe emotional distress and media and public harassment. They are seeking a jury trial, unspecified damages more than $15,000 and punitive damages.

Duckett family attorney Jay Paul Deratany said attorneys will begin taking testimony.

"There is more information out there to be gleaned," said Deratany. "If Melinda had any information, Nancy Grace stopped the investigation in its track."

Police have said Duckett is the only suspect in her son's disappearance.

A message left Friday for an attorney representing Grace and CNN were not immediately returned.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #20
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Though I dont agree with the lawsuit, I would sure love to see that annoying bitch of the tv. Just flipping the channels and stopping on CNN when she is on makes me cringe!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
she makes me cringe.

but i have also worked with a family who has appeared on her show several times, and they had very positive things to say about her. she still calls this particular family (who lost a loved one to a murder) to check in and see how they are.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #22
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i don't blame Nancy Grace for her suicide.

but i still think she's just about the biggest pile of wretchedness on television.

Agreed. I can't stand her show, I can't stand watching her, listening to her and wish she would just be taken off the air. She is a horrible reporter, she is a crappy actress, and I cannot imagine her as an attorney! Give me a freaking break.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
i have changed my tune about her. just a bit.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
I've also seen a woman interviewed shortly after this Duckett incident who relayed a similar story about how kind Nancy Grace had been to her family and how she managed to get them in touch with some very good PIs and other people of her own initiative.

But I think that a person's character is much better evaluated when you consider how they treat the people they don't care about than the ones they do. Even the worst sociopath is warm and caring towards somebody. So generally, no, I don't think any better of her.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
My wife watches Nancy religiously, I can't really complain considering all the sports I subject her to...anyway Nancy has been really hammering Casey Anthony about the suspicious disappearance of her daughter. Of course Casey is in jail so we're not getting the one-on-one confrontation but clearly what happened with Melinda Duckett, and the pending lawsuit, haven't taken the edge off.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:31 AM
Nancy Grace reminds me of this awful american principal we used to have in Elementary school. I once made this crappy drawing trying to be funny and all the teachers thought it was something sexual and I was sent to the office. I was crying my eyes out trying to tell her that it wasn't my intention and she kept saying that I did in fact draw what she said I did, anyway and right in front of my mother said that she would "nail me to the wall".

And I've digressed, but yeah, that's what this idiot Nancy Grace reminds me of. I hate people who "argue" by harrassing like her and everyone's favorite, O'Reilly.