The Al Gore Admin's War on Terror - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

No, it's not. I'm not trying to prove that there were WMDs.
80s

Resign yourself to the fact that the Administration lied to you and abused your trust.

It is not that difficult

Colin Powell was able to resign himself.

He could only stomach so much.

How much can you stomach before you will use the barf bag I gave you?

Old 07-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Thing I always found amusing about the weapons argument-North Korea has them, so why don't we go after them? Whenever I'd ask that question, people would say that it was because they could attack us back. Well, so could've Iraq if they had the weapons, right?
There's a BIG difference. North Korea currently has nuclear weapons that could blow California off the map.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

You two keep this up and I'll have Sting come in to talk about UN Resolutions.....
Old 07-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

80s

Resign yourself to the fact that the Administration lied to you and abused your trust.
I don't know that. In fact, it is my belief that the trucks did contain WMD. I will continue to believe this until evidence that provides reasonable doubt surfaces.

Quote:
Colin Powell was able to resign himself.
Powell said the administration lied?

Quote:
How much can you stomach before you will use the barf bag I gave you?
I appreciate the barf bag. I have indeed used it a few times, most notably when that one fella accused me of being KKK.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Ok but this and the war on terror are two separate things. There are still many dictators out there that are still doing this same thing and we aren't going after them. Let's not fall in the trap that this administration has made in combining the two.
How many dictators over the past 20 years have invaded and attacked four different countries, threatened most of the planets energy supply with sabotage or seizure, used WMD more times than any other leader in history, murdered 1.7 million people, held up a UN inspections process for over a decade, been in violation of 17 different UN resolutions passed under Chapter VII rules, violated a Ceacefire Agreement, been engaged in a multi-Billion dollar smuggling, and failed to account for thousands of stocks of WMD as required by UN resolutions?

Lets see if you can find more than one!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
You two keep this up and I'll have Sting come in to talk about UN Resolutions.....
I think he read your mind...
Old 07-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I believe we would have gone into Iraq after 9/11.

I believe it would have been conducted quite differently however.

There was enough support from both parties post 9/11 for this to have potentially happened.

I do believe Gore would have built a coalition that consisted of more representation from other Arab nations.

I also believe he would have got France and Germany more on board.

Just my 2 cents.
I tend to agree,

it may have taken more time,

a tightening of the noose

a broader mandate,

with more U N support

and without the phony evidence and severe lost of U S prestige.

It would not have made any difference if it to a couple of more years

Saddam was contained and pinned down

the case would have been
to bring Saddam to justice
for crimes against humanity.

There would be a lot less blowback

and Ai Queda would not have got the huge assist the bungle has given them
Old 07-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

I do believe Gore would have built a coalition that consisted of more representation from other Arab nations.

I also believe he would have got France and Germany more on board.

Just my 2 cents.
I appreciate your opinion. But I don't see how any of this would have been possible. France would never have come on board; they were too deep in bed with Saddam (the whole Food For Oil scandal).
Old 07-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I don't know that. In fact, it is my belief that the trucks did contain WMD. I will continue to believe this until evidence that provides reasonable doubt surfaces.
The majority of your fellow Americans happen to believe that your president has lied to you. If more than half the country thinks their leader is a liar, that's frankly, very disturbing.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

and i believe that one day pigs will fly.

what do you THINK?

we saw what happens when you go to war based upon a belief, that if you close your eyes and wish real hard it will come true.

and only one (maybe two, the UK) thought the intelligence was worth going to war over. they might have agreed that, on balance, it certainly looked like Hussein had a WMD program (though it was in his best security interests to make it appear more dangerous than he actually was), but only the US wanted to go to war over a perception based upon dodgey intelligence.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I appreciate your opinion. But I don't see how any of this would have been possible. France would never have come on board; they were too deep in bed with Saddam (the whole Food For Oil scandal).
I am not saying it would have been a slam dunk....I do not believe war in Iraq would have happened as quickly.

And I, as you know from hanging in here, was wringing my hands over Food for Oil before we went to war.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

The majority of your fellow Americans happen to believe that your president has lied to you. If more than half the country thinks their leader is a liar, that's frankly, very disturbing.

Quote:
For the first time, a majority of Americans, 51%, say the Bush administration deliberately misled the public about whether Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction — the reason Bush emphasized in making the case for invading. The administration's credibility on the issue has been steadily eroding since 2003.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

With his imaginary WMDs and lame army?
Not imaginary WMD's to Iranians, Kurds, who have suffered the results of the use of such WMD. Not imaginary to the United Nations inspections teams who struggled with Saddam to complete the inspections process in the 1990s and were finally unable to because of Saddam. Not imaginary to US troops who in detonating large Iraqi Ammo storage area's in Kuwait in 1991, discovered that sarin gas shells were in several of these storage area's, and certainly not imaginary to some US soldiers who have come across small numbers of sarin gas shells in the current occupation.

Lame Army? Invaded and attacked four different countries and defeated the Iranian military despite being outnumbered by 3 to 1 in manpower. Was able to overrun Kuwait in 12 hours and could have siezed Northern Saudi Arabia in less than a week if it had chosen to at the time, but in any event was able to threaten most of the planets energy supply with seizure or sabotage.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
There's a BIG difference. North Korea currently has nuclear weapons that could blow California off the map.
And the way the administration was talking, Saddam had weapons that could do some pretty nasty stuff to people, too. Remember people kept saying how much of a threat he was to our country, just as North Korea would be a threat to our country? That makes it sound like he had some pretty big weapons himself to me.

Angela
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #45
War Child

Local Time: 05:56 AM
I'm sure that WHATEVER Gore did in this what'if scenario that ALL Republicans and FOC news would stand behind him because he is the Commander-in-Chief and to question him would be un-Patriotic.
Right?
Right?
echo
echo
echo
cricket
cricket...........bastards.