The 80sU2isBest FYM Farewell Thread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #31
War Child

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Funny, I haven't visited FYM in about 9 months, and now to see that 80's is leaving...very sad, but I understand. It's for the very same reason that I don't visit FYM hardly at all anymore. It's not any fun to be made fun of and bashed and criticized for what you stand for. I have since found several other forums where I can share my opinion with people who may disagree, but at least can discuss an issue like rational human beings.

It's sad to see you go 80's; even though when I did visit FYM I hardly ever posted (just don't think it's worth my time, usually), I usually agreed with you. Funny how the lib's (a.k.a 99% of FYM) preach "acceptance", "tolerance" and "understanding", yet the second anyone speaks of traditional conservative morals, values, or anything to do with capitalism or Christianity, they are the first to attack with their hate-filled bigotted slander.

You will be missed by many, I'm sure, but you'll be happier. I know I have been. And BTW, if you do ditch FYM completely, Everything You Know Is Wrong is still a great place to visit and get good info on the last remaining thing that unites us all: the greatest band the world has ever seen.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:38 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoocoustic
I have since found several other forums where I can share my opinion with people who may disagree, but at least can discuss an issue like rational human beings.
Where is this place?

Old 08-11-2003, 11:01 PM   #33
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Funny how the lib's (a.k.a 99% of FYM) preach "acceptance", "tolerance" and "understanding", yet the second anyone speaks of traditional conservative morals, values, or anything to do with capitalism or Christianity, they are the first to attack with their hate-filled bigotted slander.
For the last time, there is no vast left-wing conspiracy in FYM. I and the other mods have been over this many times in the past. No one appreciates comments like this and they are not true.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora

For the last time, there is no vast left-wing conspiracy in FYM. I and the other mods have been over this many times in the past. No one appreciates comments like this and they are not true.
Pax no one was pointing the finger at the mods.

The population of FYM is definitely not Conservative. This has nothing to do with a conspiracy. It is the way it is. I happen to enjoy it here....

Peace
Old 08-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #35
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Well then, I don't appreciate "99% of the population of FYM" being called hate-filled bigoted slanderers.

How's that?

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:09 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Well then, I don't appreciate "99% of the population of FYM" being called hate-filled bigoted slanderers.

How's that?
Something I am sure we can all agree on.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:05 AM   #37
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Funny how the lib's (a.k.a 99% of FYM)
I feel that most of the Americans here are conservative. That's a good proportion of the board.

Quote:
Funny how the lib's (a.k.a 99% of FYM)preach "acceptance", "tolerance" and "understanding"...
hmmm, well if you want to be more specific, maybe we can find some agreement here.

Quote:
yet the second anyone speaks of traditional conservative morals, values, or anything to do with capitalism or Christianity, they are the first to attack with their hate-filled bigotted slander.
Your words here seem hateful.

Quote:
Everything You Know Is Wrong is still a great place to visit and get good info on the last remaining thing that unites us all: the greatest band the world has ever seen.
Well we can agree on that.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:27 AM   #38
Refugee

Local Time: 09:30 PM
80's, even though i dont post here much anymore, because of the same reasons, i know you are a fair and honest man.

Over the last few years we have argued about many things but you were always a voice that i could trust. I could trust that you were being honest to yourself and i could trust you were being honest with the people around you. I bid you farwell, I would like to give you my email so you could drop a line: regandec@hotmail.com.

PS. This is a going away thread for a person that has been an asset to this forum, dont make it into an arguement over how many people are liberal and conservative. Who gives a fuck, go somewhere else and do it!!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:29 AM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 10:30 PM
80's, you along with U2bama have often provided an excellent conservative point of view around here, and i have appreciated it, though certainly not always agree wtih it.

take care.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:29 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
80's, even though i dont post here much anymore, because of the same reasons, i know you are a fair and honest man.

Over the last few years we have argued about many things but you were always a voice that i could trust. I could trust that you were being honest to yourself and i could trust you were being honest with the people around you. I bid you farwell, I would like to give you my email so you could drop a line: regandec@hotmail.com.

PS. This is a going away thread for a person that has been an asset to this forum, dont make it into an arguement over how many people are liberal and conservative. Who gives a fuck, go somewhere else and do it!!

miss u2 bonoman
Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 AM   #41
New Yorker

Same here, while we never agree, I enjoyed reading your point of view.
I do understand your position. This place can get addicting.