The 25 Dumbest Quotes Of 06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone have any others? I would add Bush's quote about Google, I'll have to look that one up

25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Various Idiots

by Daniel Kurtzman, about.com

25) "I think I'd just commit suicide." --Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), in October, on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the November election

24) "I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day." --New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin

23) "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --President George W. Bush, talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

22) "The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material." --Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Steven (R-AK), explaining the workings of the Internet during a debate on net neutrality

21) "I enjoy cocaine because it's a fun thing to do.enjoy the company of prostitutes for the following reasons: it's a fun thing to do. ... If you combine the two together it's probably even more fun." --Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.), after being egged on to make those statement during an interview with Stephen Colbert

20) "Something else I've learned about Secretary Rice is she loves the cool Atlantic breezes here in Nova Scotia, and she left the window open last night." --Canadian Foreign Minister Peter MacKay, fueling speculation that the two are having a love affair

19) "[He has] a career of slavishly supporting the Republican Party." – House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, (D-MD) on Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, an African-American Republican running for Senate

18) "God is the one who chooses our rulers." --Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.), explaining why the separation of church and state is "a lie." Harris also said, "If you are not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin."

17) "We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word." --Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), speaking to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce

16) "And don't forget, Sherrod Brown is black. There's a racial component here, too. And now, the newspaper that I'm reading all this from is The New York Times, and they, of course, don't mention that." --Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh, on the Ohio Senate primary race involving Rep. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), who is white

15) "You may end up with a different math, but you're entitled to your math. I'm entitled to the math." --Bush adviser Karl Rove, insisting to NPR that pre-election polls "add up to a Republican Senate and a Republican House"

14) "I said a little prayer before I actually did the fingerprint thing, and the picture. And my prayer was basically: 'Let people see Christ through me. And let me smile.'" --Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, on being arrested and posing for his mug shot

13) "Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg press 2,000 pounds? How does he do it? Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman? One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients. Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!" --from Pat Robertson's Web site

12) "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.)

11) "We're not going to tell you what our plan is, Jon, because you're just going to go out and blow it." --Sen. Conrad Burns (R-MT), on the secret plan he and President Bush have to win the Iraq war, in a debate with his Democratic challenger, John Tester

10) "We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee." --Conservative commentator Ann Coulter

9) "See, the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over." --President Bush, chomping on a dinner roll while talking about the Middle East crisis with British Prime Minister Tony Blair at the G8 summit, St. Petersburg, Russia, July 17, 2006

8) "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." --Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh

7) "And the devil came here yesterday.Yesterday the devil came here. Right here. [crosses himself] And it smells of sulfur still today. Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world." --Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, on President Bush, addressing the United Nations General Assembly

6) "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --President Bush

5) "You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." --Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), botching a joke about President Bush getting us stuck in Iraq

4) "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's death so much." --Conservative pundit Ann Coulter, on who have been critical of the Bush administration.

3) "This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent. He's following us around everywhere. And it's just great. ... Let's give a welcome to macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia." --Sen. George Allen (R-VA), ridiculing S.R. Sidarth, a 20-year-old Virginian native of Indian descent, by using an ethnic slur referring to a type of monkey found mainly in Asia

2) "How's my favorite young stud doing? ... Strip down and get relaxed ... Good, so you're getting horny? ... Cute butt bouncing in the air ... Get a ruler and measure it for me. ... (Page: "My mom is yelling") ... Cool, I hope she didn't see anything." --from the transcript of a sexually explicit IM chat Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla.), chairman of the Congressional Missing & Exploited Children's Caucus, had with a 16-year-old male, the revelation of which prompted him to resign.

1) "Fucking Jews. ... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. ... Are you a Jew?" --Actor Mel Gibson, unleashing an anti-Semitic tirade on Malibu police after being arrested for drunk driving

The Dumbest Things President Bush Said in 2006

10) "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

9) "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

8) "Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the consequences of words." --interview with Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 1, 2006

7) "I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?" --asked if the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

6) "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

5) "I said I was looking for a book to read, Laura said you ought to try Camus.I also read three Shakespeares. ... I've got a eck-a-lec-tic reading list." --interview with NBC's Brian Williams, New Orleans, La., Aug. 29, 2006

4) "The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

3) Maria Bartiromo: "I'm curious, have you ever googled anybody? Do you use Google?"

President Bush: "Occasionally. One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps. It's very interesting to see -- I've forgot the name of the program -- but you get the satellite, and you can -- like, I kinda like to look at the ranch. It remind me of where I wanna be sometimes." --interview with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo, Oct. 24, 2006

2) "See, the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over." --chomping on a dinner roll while talking about the Middle East crisis with British Prime Minister Tony Blair at the G8 summit, St. Petersburg, Russia, July 17, 2006

1) "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

2) "See, the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over." --chomping on a dinner roll while talking about the Middle East crisis with British Prime Minister Tony Blair at the G8 summit, St. Petersburg, Russia, July 17, 2006
I fail to see how this is a dumb statement let alone number two for GWB who has said much, much worse.

A_Wanderer said:
I fail to see how this is a dumb statement let alone number two for GWB who has said much, much worse.

it is a very simplistic view of what is happening in that part of the world

it is indicative of why he has fucked up in the region of the world so badly

Is there a more nuanced view where Hezbollah is not a state sponsered terrorist group that exerts Syria's will in Lebanon?

MrsSpringsteen said:

7) "And the devil came here yesterday.Yesterday the devil came here. Right here. [crosses himself] And it smells of sulfur still today. Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world." --Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, on President Bush, addressing the United Nations General Assembly

See what we (venezuelans) have to deal with everyday :sad: :sad: :sad: I´m really scared :sad: :censored: Bastard son of a :censored:

Sadly we can´t laugh at what he is doing now :sad: he is very serious about his revolution :sad: and as a member of the Venezuelan opposition, I don´t take that comment as dumb is pure shame for my country :sad:

I know Bush isn´t the most popular guy in USA but I don´t think is good that this bastard insult any president :mad:

Back
Top Bottom