That so called war on terror... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

This is what they say
and what Indy meant (I believe)

but, is it true?

Was 9/11/01 the last time?
Am I missing something?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:22 AM
So 5 Americans killed on American soil in October 2001 is not an attack on America after 9/11/2001?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

When Cheney slips and says we have not been attacked on American soil by the enemy since 9/11.

It reveals something.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
So 5 Americans killed on American soil in October 2001 is not an attack on America after 9/11/2001?
What's that? The anthrax attacks? Has anyone taken credit for that?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:22 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy bought it

Quote:

Raise your hand if you don’t believe in evolution?
or

(Raise your hand if you are "stupid", and you know it?")
Excuse me?

Are you implying that if you dont buy into evolution that you are stupid? I have to very much disagree with you.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500

What's that? The anthrax attacks? Has anyone taken credit for that?

Aren't we supposed to believe they were done by Islamo Terrorists?

or does Cheney know something?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #52
War Child

Local Time: 08:22 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy b

Quote:
Well, depends on who you ask or want to believe, but at best I think Christians and Jews (as dhimmis) would be ghettoized, and at worst, asked to convert at the point of a sword.
Historically, this completely depended on who the ruler was. For example, Moorish Spain, for the most part, was an enclave for Jews, who fared better there than in Christian Europe, where they were outright hated. However, there were certain rulers who were much more intolerant and insisted on forced conversions, so there were a few occasions when the Christians (known then as "Mozarabs") would flee north to the relatively stable Kingdom of Asturias. But equally interestingly, if a newly tolerant leader emerged, many Mozarabs would also migrate back.

A lot of this, I imagine, would have to do with the fact that the Moors did not upset the old Visigothic order all that much, as the Visigothic lords would often able to maintain their lands. Where the Moors ultimately ended up upsetting the old order, though, was how Christian slaves of the time could gain their freedom by converting to Islam.

After the end of the Reconquista in 1492, when Spain became fully Christian again, all the Jews and Muslims were forcibly converted or expelled, so even considering the fact that Jews and Christians were subject to dhimmi status, they were considerably treated better than Christian attitudes towards minority religions during this same historical period.

Of course, history is always full of irony, as Christians are now more tolerant of minority beliefs than that of Muslim nations.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:22 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy bought it

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Excuse me?

Are you implying that if you dont buy into evolution that you are stupid? I have to very much disagree with you.
Different thread, but if a creationist is not stupid then their critical eye is unidirectional.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

If Bin Laden, al Queda hates America and President Bush is the leader.

Then why do they want to kill the Democratic Leader of the Senate and the Democratic Chair of the Judicial Appointments Committee in October 2001?

These two people were at the top of Cheney and the conservatives "hit list".

Quote:
The letters were addressed to two Democratic Senators, Tom Daschle of South Dakota and Patrick Leahy of Vermont. More than 22 people developed anthrax infections, with 11 of the especially life-threatening inhalation variety. Five died of inhalation anthrax: Stevens; two employees of the Brentwood mail facility in Washington, D.C., Thomas Morris Jr. and Joseph Curseen; and two about whom their source of exposure to the bacteria is still unknown: Kathy Nguyen, a Vietnamese immigrant resident in the borough of the Bronx who worked in New York City, and Ottilie Lundgren, a 94-year old widow of a prominent judge from Oxford, Connecticut, who was the last known victim.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #55
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Those are foreign people who don't count. Duh.
The Bush/McCain/Kennedy immigration bill says 'Hi!'

Along with the countless countries that America has invested capital in for decades, not to mention our biggest trading partner, Canada.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy bought it

Quote:

Well, depends on who you ask or want to believe, but at best I think Christians and Jews (as dhimmis) would be ghettoized, and at worst, asked to convert at the point of a sword.

and the gays would be beheaded.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy bought it

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Excuse me?

how about willfully, intentionally ignorant?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy b

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

Historically, this completely depended on who the ruler was. For example, Moorish Spain, for the most part, was an enclave for Jews, who fared better there than in Christian Europe, where they were outright hated. However, there were certain rulers who were much more intolerant and insisted on forced conversions, so there were a few occasions when the Christians (known then as "Mozarabs") would flee north to the relatively stable Kingdom of Asturias. But equally interestingly, if a newly tolerant leader emerged, many Mozarabs would also migrate back.

A lot of this, I imagine, would have to do with the fact that the Moors did not upset the old Visigothic order all that much, as the Visigothic lords would often able to maintain their lands. Where the Moors ultimately ended up upsetting the old order, though, was how Christian slaves of the time could gain their freedom by converting to Islam.

After the end of the Reconquista in 1492, when Spain became fully Christian again, all the Jews and Muslims were forcibly converted or expelled, so even considering the fact that Jews and Christians were subject to dhimmi status, they were considerably treated better than Christian attitudes towards minority religions during this same historical period.

Of course, history is always full of irony, as Christians are now more tolerant of minority beliefs than that of Muslim nations.
Interesting.
Some of that has to do with the classical relationship between Islam and non-Muslims within the sphere of jihad. You can be classified as "at war", "at truce", or "under submission."
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - Indy bought it

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

how about willfully, intentionally ignorant?
Give me a break.

*sigh*

I disagree with most people in FYM more and more everyday. I can't watch Keith Olbermann before I go to bed because it gets my BP going, and I'm starting to feel the same about this forum.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:22 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29% they are trying to shore up the base - In

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

and the gays would be beheaded.
Hey, thats unfair and Islamophobic - they get walls collapsed on them in the proper humane fashion.