That Racist Bastard GW Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: That Racist Bastard GW Bush

bonoman said:

I agree it opens doors but you must not know that many iilegals do get paid alot more to be off the books right? I have a cousin in NYC and she's illegal for 4 years from Ireland and she works in a bar and makes between 500-700 and week, she does however work in a very nice bar. But the people who are paying you off books are doing it not only for your sake but for theirs. Without having to pay taxes they make more money. The only upside would be not having to be worried about being deported.

No, I totally agree with you on that but alot of US citizens also work off the books. The employer is always out for himself in that case, whether the worker is legal or not. But that is a whole other story.

Re: Re: Re: That Racist Bastard GW Bush

Bono's American Wife said:

How is making someone a legal resident controlling them?

Actually, making them legal residents opens up doors to better jobs with better pay. Someone working with false papers will most likely be taken advantage of and be paid less than a legal resident because their illegal status is always hanging over their heads.

So you say it yourself, a legal resident wil be payed more but will the company`s want to pay more. The moneymakers will try to find people who want ( Must ) to work underpayed. And who of the legal people who went to school ect. want to do the work the Mexicans do ? ( cleaning, meatindustry ect. )

A ilegal person is hard to find, make him legal and he will become a number of who you know what he does, where he lives, where he works, if he pay taxes, if he has a friend who is arabic.

Rono said:

So you say it yourself, a legal resident wil be payed more but will the company`s want to pay more. The moneymakers will try to find people who want ( Must ) to work underpayed. And who of the legal people who went to school ect. want to do the work the Mexicans do ? ( cleaning, meatindustry ect. )

A ilegal person is hard to find, make him legal and he will become a number of who you know what he does, where he lives, where he works, if he pay taxes, if he has a friend who is arabic.

Being in the US illegally does not make someone anonymous and hard to find. People come here from Mexico to work... and to work you need papers. Even when someone uses false papers, (assuming they are not being paid under the table), they do pay taxes, they enroll their kids in school, they use Social Security numbers (phony, yes), they obtain credit and have access to some social services...so the government already knows where they live and work. I was married to an illegal immigrant from Mexico...trust me, he and his family and friends all wanted to be legal residents.

I seriously doubt that the US government is going to be tracking immigrants from Mexico to see if they have arabic friends.

They are already living here, paying taxes and contributing to the economy...I don't see any sinister motive behind this, if it happens.

Rono said:

Seriously, Rono; where did you hear this that the U.S. wants Mexican immigrants to be legalized so that we can monitor their "arabic" acquaintances? There are several Mexican families living on my street, and nobody from the Department of Homeland Security has called me saying I need to look out for "friends who are arabic" hanging around their homes.

Sometimes I don't know if people post things in here as entertainment or information, or if they are humorously dropping bird mess.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom