That Kevin Trudeau "Natural Cures" Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Has an interesting past. The adoption issue is irrelevant (that's his mother's and his personal issue and the Herald for you) but I never knew about his criminal issues and the FTC. I see those informercials of his from time to time and I wonder what the deal is. The book is a bestseller. He is also apparently a billionaire.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=104099&format=text

"Claiming he hasn't been sick in 25 years, Trudeau advocates drinking water above all else. Diet soda, he states in his book, causes weight gain and depression.

He also claims coral will cure cancer, a special shampoo will reverse baldness and that he has a 60-second method for conquering any addiction forever.

But when the Federal Trade Commission successfully sued him - twice - the homespun health fanatic lost his voice.For the past year, Trudeau has been banned from endorsing ``anything from a health product to a household appliance,'' according to FTC spokeswoman Heather Hippsley.

But Trudeau remains defiant. ``The heck with being politically correct,'' he says. ``I really want to see things change.''

this is the guy who yells at me from the tv about the cures that they don't want me to know about, right?

without buying his book and trying everything out it's hard to tell if he's just simply a con-man, or a sincere loon.

It's funny to read the reviews on amazon.com. I'd love to know what his 60 second addiction cure is

here's one

" I was initially skeptical about the author's TV presentation for cures for cancer and every ailment under the sun. I was more curious, however, to see if he at least had some practical advice on everyday problems like arthritis, asthma etc. To my chagrin his book is full of general, common sense dictums and absolutely NO references to any scientific research beyond quoting so called 'facts' which he assumes the reader will swallow without any citations as to who did the research. These 'facts' appear to be all made up in his own mind.
He appears to be repeating so many anti-medical messages (eg. never ever talk to a psychiatrist or a psychologist for any reason) that he doesn't seem to realize that among the recomendations he does make (eg. using such interventions as biofeedback) are some that are performed by these very professionals he warns against. It appears the author has a great affinity for the Scientology philosophy without ever letting the reader in on his scam. BEWARE:there is nothing here worth the price you pay for this collection of minimally useful data. "

Scientology ................. hmm............

Infomercials can be really funny, but I often find them too dipressingly BSy, and can't bear to watch them.

``I really want to see things change.''
I wonder if he would consider a step backwards "change"

Se7en said:
without buying his book and trying everything out it's hard to tell if he's just simply a con-man, or a sincere loon.

I'll save you the trouble. He's simply a con-man. My brother-in-law bought the book. It's full of things that essentially say "for all the details of this amazing cure, read my newsletter on my website." Then you go to the website and you have to pay to see the content. I'm sure if you pay for that it says you just have to buy a video tape to get the rest of his secret to the cure for cancer.

Not a loon. Just a con man.

He is a con man. My anger is that he's smearing all alternative medicine in the process. Fuck him and his book. If you really want to know about alternative medicine, there's much better and far less sensational material than his.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom