That crazy commie wacko MELON is a poo poo head!!!1! Your Mom!!1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear He runs around in the dark of night wearing a Lavender Leotard and Sepia Tights with a very large birthmark emblazoned on his chest carrying a sickle and hammer Screaming about a new Stalinest Resurrection.. Ghetto Style

While proclaiming, "Death to Glasnost and Life to Finlandia".

Recent Rumor has it he's in the backwoods of Vermont at the moment searching for the Crawford Texas Ranch... I don't know about you, but that gives me the Creeps.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-07-2002).]

I think I may lack a sense of humour, but this is not particularly amusing; did I miss the joke? What's with all the Melon-bashing?

Ant.

Well said, Swallow. Very articulate.
smile.gif
No offence Melon.

Alright, I know it's none of my business and on this occassion you're probably all just joking.

But. Insulting people on a personal level just weakens your real arguments. If you have a strong political argument then you're not going to need to resort to petty insults and when you do, all that it's going to do is to make it look like your real arguments are insufficient to support the point you're making.

Plus it's boring as hell to read/listen to and is unlikely to persuade anyone to see your point of view.

Not directing this at anyone. It's just a general observation. And it's coming from someone who's had blazing arguments with people from left, right, conservative, liberal, more times than she'd like to count and has hopefully learned that it achieves nothing.

I'm really just putting off going back to work y'know.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 02-08-2002).]

Oh wow, you guys sure are witty, let me tell you. Because you know how if someone has a different opinion from yours than they are automatically an idiot. And the fact that they persist in actually articulating those ideas in a well thought out and polemic format? I mean what the hell is that all about? Actually arguing your point in a scholarly manner is just so passe. I also prefer to regress to the level of an eight year old when I am beaten in political arguments; because then I can save face by converting the person into an entity that I can blame for all of my insecurities. Screw being an adult! Damn Melon...

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Dearest Interferencers,

I must agree that this "melon" fellow is clearly off of his rocker. I mean, not only are all liberals clearly subversives who wish to advance medicine to revive Vladimir Lenin (why else would he be put in glass and not under six feet of dirt?), but they clearly do not understand what it takes to live in a truly capitalist society. I mean, if they are unhappy, why don't they all move to China?

Oh and welcome me. This is my first post! Tee-hee.
smile.gif

XOXO

Love, Whortense

------------------
~Whortense Wiffin
XI Comtess d'Enron and the conservative alter-ego of "melon"

[This message has been edited by GOP-Controlled Whortense (edited 02-08-2002).]

(Just what this town needs... another republican...
smile.gif
)

Dear Whortense;

Allow me to break the ice; I for one don't think Melon is off his rocker, he is clearly one of the wisest people on this forum, and really makes a lot of sense. Let me welcome you by introducing myself as a liberal who doesn't really comform to your stereotypical description.

"Welcome to our humble mad house, Whortense, I trust you'll feel very much at home".
smile.gif

Originally posted by notiti:
Oh wow, you guys sure are witty, let me tell you. Because you know how if someone has a different opinion from yours than they are automatically an idiot. And the fact that they persist in actually articulating those ideas in a well thought out and polemic format? I mean what the hell is that all about? Actually arguing your point in a scholarly manner is just so passe. I also prefer to regress to the level of an eight year old when I am beaten in political arguments; because then I can save face by converting the person into an entity that I can blame for all of my insecurities. Screw being an adult! Damn Melon...

I don't discriminate, I hate everyone. Melon may be a liberal but he is a poo poo head first. And you are too as a matter of fact, you're all snot faced little brats whining about idology and global problems, you've forgotten about the big picture...10-10-220 gets you 20 minutes of nationwide long-distance for only $.99

tv1.jpg

Originally posted by babble:
whortense=melon

Actually, I didn't realise that until today, what a fool. I'm sorry, I was never good at irony and its nuances within comedic nature.
I feel quite dumb in actually RESPONDING to a mock answer. Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

Ant.

Originally posted by GOP-Controlled Whortense:
Oh and welcome me. This is my first post! Tee-hee.
smile.gif

XOXO

Love, Whortense

Melon..
Whatever credibility you were trying to instill into this alter Ego of yours.. you just ruined it by placing a 'Tee-Hee' in your post.

Realize that we're not a bunch of young children, getting all giddy on a plastic slide at one of those 'safer playgrounds'.

Replace it with some sort of laugh that a Grown man would be proud of admitting to.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Are you lucky enough to have 10-10-220 commercials in the UK?

Unfortunately no, however, it was the 'And you are too as a matter of fact, you're all snot faced little brats whining about idology and global problems, you've forgotten about the big picture...'

I just found the snot faced brats bit really funny, like I said, it was too cool.

Ant.

Dearest Lemonite,

What are you talking about? The way you write, I've always assumed you to be about 12 years old, with an obvious demon possession. I would advise that you arrest yourself, and turn yourself into my "Bible Prison." We'll beat you with the bludgeons of "tough love." They look and feel like the real things too!

As for my laugh, it is my laugh, and I am not "melon." How dare you insult me by calling me a "grown man." I have a feeling that you are just one of those crazy communist liberals making a joke of my conservative values. How dare you! But no man is without potential for conversion. I will be praying for you. Tee-hee.
smile.gif

XOXO

Love, Whortense

------------------
~Whortense Wiffin
XI Comtess d'Enron and the conservative alter-ego of "melon"

Back
Top Bottom