Thankfully, President Bush has God's Blessing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
From cnn.com:
Even as [Pat] Robertson criticized Bush for downplaying the potential dangers of the Iraq war, he heaped praise on Bush, saying he believes the president will win the election and that "the blessing of heaven is on Bush."

"Even if he stumbles and messes up -- and he's had his share of stumbles and gaffes -- I just think God's blessing is on him," Robertson said.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/19/robertson.bush.iraq/index.html

Gotta love conservative evangelicals. Always willing to give president Bush the benefit of the doubt. But then, GW does seem to be a down-to-earth guy..... he's a wonderful man, a Godly man and he's for family values, so why question him? :wink:

image613974x.jpg
image613974x.jpg
0221passion.jpg
0221passion.jpg

pubster-
don't look now brother but here's one godly fellow that is not supporting Kerry.

db9:wink:
3_04%20Caviezel-christ.jpg

Last edited:
Robertson also said he warned Bush there were going to be casualities and he had to prepare for that. and Bush told him he wasn't worried about -- it wouldn't be an issue. And a year and a half later, over 1000 Ameircans are dead, thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed but hey! Jesus appointed him president!

What's the point?

Partisians giving their candidate the benefit of the doubt?

Or is this another sad attempt to understand Christian doctrine?

Yeah, cause we all know Pat Robertson always knows exactly what God is thinking. :rolleyes:

Numbskull. I didn't even like that asshole when I was a Christian. :tsk:

nbcrusader said:

Or is this another sad attempt to understand Christian doctrine?

I think Robertson makes the sad attempt at understanding Christian doctrine. Christian evangelicals such as Pat Robertson seem to be making it up as they go along. Anything to support the president who's for the "Constitutional Amendment Protecting Marriage" and various other "family" issues on the evangelical Christian agenda. Robertson says he had "grave misgivings" about going into Iraq. In fact, he goes so far to say that "the Lord told him" that the invasion of Iraq would be "a disaster."

But evangelicals apparently view it this way: What's a little disaster when you've got the president in your back pocket on the issues that count. ;) So no matter how many bodies pile up in this needless war, Bush is right, Bush is blessed, Bush is a Godly man.

Back
Top Bottom