Thank You for Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
*disclaimer: this thread is not meant to endorse the use of tobacco*

It's meant to trash this idea that we are immortal in this present life.

And by eating tofu or whatever we are in control of when we die .
It's a toss of some really rolling tumbling dice.

We are all dead meat, food for worms.
*yeah, i saw that movie*

Lucky if we dance to 80 or 110.

"I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now."

~Dylan

What do you think?

And have you seen the film?

There's a lot of better ways to enjoy life than by smoking it away.

But hey...whatever floats your boat.

Melon

the iron horse said:

What do you think?

I think you should watch the movie

"The Rapture"

with the x-files guy and Mimi Rogers.

It supports your line of thinking.

Where do we draw the line?

Do you do and consume everything that makes you feel good, no matter how unhealthy, because hey, we won't live forever...

I wouldn't want to do anything that caused a painful or uncomfortable illness. It's true we're not immortal, but if I can avoid discomfort I'm going to do it.

the iron horse said:
*disclaimer: this thread is not meant to endorse the use of tobacco*

It's meant to trash this idea that we are immortal in this present life.

And by eating tofu or whatever we are in control of when we die .
It's a toss of some really rolling tumbling dice.

We are all dead meat, food for worms.
*yeah, i saw that movie*

Lucky if we dance to 80 or 110.

"I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now."

~Dylan

What do you think?

i think you're right.

i'm going to stop eating well and going to the gym. from now on, i better be able to get my lunch from a vending machine. i'm going to start smoking. i'm going to smoke pot every morning, and drink all night, and have lots of unprotected sex with many anonymous partners.

i'm just going to die anyway, right? so why not live it up now, right? there's no value in the struggle to maintain good habits, right? 80 years is a short time, right?

I do believe that we must do what is in our hands to keep healthy and happy without causing damage to our souls or bodies.

Our lives are short, yeah. but that's a good reason to valorate it even more and try to have a "short" and plenty live. I don't know if it worths to live with cirrosis, a STD or lung cancer :shrug:. It is ironic, but when we are healthy or happy we see our days run faster, but when we are sick or in pain our lives are endless.

Hey, why not live it up while we can?!

Why let a few little things like obesity, high blood pressure, lung cancer, strokes and heart attacks get in the way of our fun? Eat what you want, drink what you want, smoke what you want, ingest whatever substance makes you feel good.

That's the same thinking my father had, as he lay dying of liver disease at age 54...with a beer in his hand :|

i'm going to put in a word for the pro-smoking point of view or whatever, although I wouldn't normally enter this sort of topic. And for the last person who spoke of endless illness - you can get that any old way, even when you do live a healthy life. So honestly, FUCK. IT. ALL.

I thought that movie was supposed to be a satire, I haven't seen it. Have you seen The Insider?

I knew someone who died of lung cancer that spread to her brain, due to her smoking. My Mother finally quit smoking because of that. She still drinks, which is a constant source of upset and worry for me. It's not fun to see someone you love just do what they want to their bodies because of their addictions.

If I want that cheeseburger with bacon, why not? I go to the gym. I don't smoke, but I enjoy a good beer. I could get killed anytime I step onto a pair of skis, but I would never stop skiing. Moderation and just don't be too stupid. I find it's a good way to live.

Alzheimer's runs in my family. My brother's plan is at the age of 70 to eat all he's ever dreamed of eating and live a life of gluttony so he can be dead before he loses his mind.

I think moderation is key. If you're going to be miserable for 40 years because you're obsessing over your weight or that one extra cookie you ate, that will probably take more years off your life than anything. Stress will do more to kill you than most people realize. At the same time, people need to get the hell off their couches and walk around, run around, swim, whatever you like best.

Back
Top Bottom