Texas may have put innocent man to death, panel told

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
Drug users and drug dealers need both prison and rehab.

But that should all depend on the scope of their drug use, length of addiction, etc.

An addict with no prior record who is caught dealing on small scale, probably to support his/her own habit, belongs in rehab, not prison. A repeat drug offender who doesn't commit violent crimes needs lock down rehab and continued counseling, not prison. Our prisons are full of people there because of their addictions and they receive no drug counseling or life skills training while they are there. Teaching a female prisoner how to repair lawnmowers might keep her busy while she's serving her sentence but it doesn't really do much for her back in the real world when she's trying to find a job.

A larger scale drug dealer who makes his living that way deserves prison.

And to get this back on topic, I agree totally with 80's on the dealth penalty issue :up:

Innocent people DO get executed. In my mind, just the chance that an innocent person could be executed is enough to abolish teh death penalty altogether. I'd much rather have my taxes pay to keep a guilty man in prison for his entire life than for one single innocent person to be executed.

Back
Top Bottom