Terrorists will not be receiving my tax money$$$$

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Finally some common sense!

NGO'S that refuse to agree to not share money with organizations that the US Government has decided have links to terrorists, will not be receiving money from US AID.

Two very big thumbs up!

Last edited:
[Q]Palestinians NGOs not buying U.S. anti-terror terms for aid

Special to World Tribune.com
MIDDLE EAST NEWSLINE
Monday, January 5, 2004
GAZA CITY ? The United States has failed to persuade Palestinian non-governmental organizations to sign a commitment that they will not aid groups deemed by the State Department as terrorist.

The result could jeopardize U.S. plans to transfer tens of millions of dollars to the Palestinian NGOs in the West Bank and Gaza Strip during fiscal 2004.

Over the weekend, the NGOs reiterated their rejection of the terms set by the U.S. Agency for International Development for the receipt of U.S. aid. The terms were drafted after the Al Qaida suicide strikes on New York and Washington on Sept. 11, 2001 and presented to NGOs last year.

"It is not clear on what basis and upon which criteria the definition of 'terrorist acts' has been determined, especially in light of Israeli attempts to portray the struggle of the Palestinian people for freedom and independence as 'violent and terrorist acts,'" a statement by NGOs said. "Palestinian NGOs are developmental organizations that aid and empower Palestinian society through service-oriented activities and awareness raising, based on the principles of democracy, social justice, and respect for human rights."

The U.S. pledge, entitled "Certification Regarding Terrorist Financing," lists a range of commitments required from NGOs that operate in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. They include a pledge that NGOs will not engage in activity with groups deemed as terrorist, such as Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Fatah-sponsored Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade.

Raji Surani, director of the Gaza-based Palestinian Center for Human Rights, said the U.S. demands will divide Palestinian society. Surani said U.S. AID has demanded that NGOs provide no assistance to or engage in contact with Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti and Hamas's Yusef Al Qiyadi, both of whom are in Israeli prisons.
[/Q]

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/front_1.html

Yes I thought that had always been a requirement .. democracy accountability, trancparency, .. the common sense not just to throw charity or aid and see where it lands .. thats not a new idea ..

Katey said:
Yes I thought that had always been a requirement .. democracy accountability, trancparency, .. the common sense not just to throw charity or aid and see where it lands .. thats not a new idea ..

Right, it's pretty uncool to give it to undemocratic governments.

i know this is off topic...in fact its a very good and interesting topic...but dreadsox you've got a great siggy. i started clapping when james said that.

Back
Top Bottom