Terrorism Level Orange coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
usually we are at yellow - I think with is like a 3 out of 5 - now orange is 4 out of 5

thanks gheto.

orange sounds quite, uh... risky... :S

hopefully nothing will happen.

sorry for my pissy attitude but im sick of the color coded warning levels,
I think they should always set it high to cover thier asses if something happens and the level of awareness will be up......

im not trying to take this lightly, just sick of being told to live in fear......

:|

ouizy said:
usually we are at yellow - I think with is like a 3 out of 5 - now orange is 4 out of 5

how come yellow is usual? blue, ok, but yellow?

and does orange mean sth. of concrete?

you make me worry.

be careful.

I'm tired of hearing about this kind of thing. I hate watching the news, it's informative in all the wrong ways- just a week ago they were talking about how open our subway systems are in New York or discussing the military strategy for war in Iraq... then there was the report on Michael Jackson yesterday evening, that time could've been spent informing people of this code orange warning. But, no, I like waking up to hearing about terrorist warnings because I just love living in fear while not only riding the train system that is so open to any kind of terroristic act but also going into a city with tall buildings that may be the target of more terrorist activity. :mad:

It's snowing outside and that's cooler than terrorists.

Elvis Presley said:
im not trying to take this lightly, just sick of being told to live in fear......

Same here.

Call me ignorant, but I'm not going to give it a second thought. I can't. Me worrying about it will not change what happens.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

how come yellow is usual? blue, ok, but yellow?

and does orange mean sth. of concrete?

you make me worry.

be careful.

:scratch:

i would rather watch snow than ari fleischer. he bugs me in a big way.

A t-shirt that say "Fuck the color system" on the front and "I will not live in fear" on the back.

I'm sick of listening to people complain about this. Right after 9/11, everyone complained about the government not comming forward with what the intelligence they had gathered, and how if they had come forward we could have stopped what happened. Now, a year and a half removed, they have a warning system in place that lets the American people they are hearing more things without jeopardizing their intel sources, and everyones complaining. We live in a different world now people. The color system may not be the best plan, but it is something. It's not meant to strike fear. It's meant as something to make you more aware of your surroundings, more alert for something that shouldn't be. Anyone who lives around the New York area has been living under an Orange Threat level since September 12, 2001. There's extra security at all the bridges and tunnels, armed guards with M-16s greet me when I get to Penn Station. Things move a little slower, there's extra security measures taken everywhere, but my life really hasn't been adversly effected. I don't live in fear. I'm not pissed 'cause there's national guard everywhere, I'm glad that the government is doing what they can to try and keep me safe.

Back
Top Bottom