Terrorism Break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
1. If you were a defense attorney, would you defend a person
you believed to be guilty with a not guilty plea? Would you
ask your client if he did the crime or would you rather not
know?
2. If you could be one person of the opposite gender, who would
you be?
3. What was your favorite fairy tale, myth, children's book when
you were growing up?
4. I read about so many celebrities and noncelebrities selling
all the intimate details of their lives. What would be your price
for giving up your dignity, privacy?
5. How long have you known your best friend?
6. Are you a leader, follower or a lone wolf?
7. Eliminating guitar, drums, voice, keyboards, what is your
favorite instrument?

1. I would ask. If he said he did, I'd recuse myself from the case. Actually, I would never be a prosecutor or defense attorney because I wouldn't want people's fates in my hands.

2. I would never be a woman, gievn the choice. Women have to suffer too much pain.

3. My grandmother would always make up tales with me as the hero and tell them to me at bedtime.

4. I used to want to be a rock star. But now, I wouldn't giev up my dignity or privacy for anything less than $1,250. Just kidding. Privacy, I wouldn't give up for less than a cool mil. Dignity, I wouldn't give up for all the money in the world. Dignity is very important to me; wishing to keep my dignity at all time is one of the reasons I've never allowed myself to get drunk.

5. I've known my best friend since I was about 14, so that's 24 years.

6. Lone wolf, usually.

7. French Horn.

Last edited:
1. Don't know. That's why I asked everybody.
2. See Avatar
3. Anne of Green Gables, Charlotte's Web (and what sadist
made Old Yeller a film for kids?)
4. $5,000,000 tax free :huh:
5. Since I was 12. Wouldn't trade her in for anything.
6. Lone wolf.
7. Flute, harmonica

1. If you were a defense attorney, would you defend a person you believed to be guilty with a not guilty plea? Would you ask your client if he did the crime or would you rather not know?

this is probably the number one reason why i do not want to practice criminal law, ever.

as an attorney, my job would be to provide the client with the best possible defence. i would not ask, nor would i want to know. determining whether the client is guilty would not be my primary concern--that's the judge's job. however, if i did know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the person was guilty, i don't think i'd be able provide him/her with a defence.

2. If you could be one person of the opposite gender, who would you be?

i honestly can't think of a good answer to this one.

3. What was your favorite fairy tale, myth, children's book when you were growing up?

anything by lucy maud montgomery

4. I read about so many celebrities and noncelebrities selling all the intimate details of their lives. What would be your price for giving up your dignity, privacy?

nothing would be worth that.

twelve years and counting

lone wolf

7. Eliminating guitar, drums, voice, keyboards, what is your favorite instrument?

harp or saxophone

know?

It's a job and somebody's got to do it. I would personally probably be too bothered and so mostly likely would turn it down.

you be?

While it's convenient men get to pee standing up, I really have no idea.

you were growing up?

Anything by Hans Christian Andersen.

There is a difference between dignity and privacy. To lose privacy, I could name a price, only because money would bring other opportunities to do things which I otherwise could not. Losing dignity - priceless.

13 years+

Leader in a professional setting. Lone wolf socially.

favorite instrument?

Violin.

know?

I wouldn't ask and I wouldn't want to know...it would be very hard for me to have this job though.

you be?

Bono...or maybe not, who knows?

you were growing up?

My favorite book was Madeline...I always loved this book of Aesop's Fables I had.

I dunno, if I were famous, I'd give interviews about myself for a price. I wouldn't give private details about friends or family, or be hurtful to anyone, but I don't feel that incredibly bad for famous people.

4 years (out of my 14)

Depends...I'm a leader when it comes to working on projects, but more of a lone wolf socially (I have a few friends close but don't really run with any particular crowds or anything...)

favorite instrument?

the sax :drool:

BonosSaint, I really enjoy your threads. :)

1. If you were a defense attorney, would you defend a person you believed to be guilty with a not guilty plea? Would you ask your client if he did the crime or would you rather not know? I'll ditto 80sU2isBest on this one.
2. If you could be one person of the opposite gender, who would you be? Probably Bono.
3. What was your favorite fairy tale, myth, children's book when you were growing up? I, too, liked "Charlotte's Web", and I liked books like "The Four Puppies" and "Three Little Kittens" when I was really little.
4. I read about so many celebrities and noncelebrities selling all the intimate details of their lives. What would be your price for giving up your dignity, privacy? I don't think there would be one. I quite value keeping intimate things just that-intimate. If I want people to know something about me, I'll find a way to let them know myself.
5. How long have you known your best friend? 17 years.
6. Are you a leader, follower or a lone wolf? Lone wolf.
7. Eliminating guitar, drums, voice, keyboards, what is your favorite instrument? Violin/cello. Some really pretty sounds can come from those things :yes:.

Angela

1. If you were a defense attorney, would you defend a person you believed to be guilty with a not guilty plea? Would you ask your client if he did the crime or would you rather not know?

From what I understand about defence attorney job, it's not about exclusively defending innocent people and you can't expect it to be. I definitely wouldn't have a stomach to do it.

2. If you could be one person of the opposite gender, who would you be?

Don't think I'd ever want to be a male, :)

3. What was your favorite fairy tale, myth, children's book when you were growing up?

Any books by Astrid Lindgren, especially The Brothers Lionheart and The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. Also, traditional Russian fairy tales and legends.

4. I read about so many celebrities and noncelebrities selling all the intimate details of their lives. What would be your price for giving up your dignity, privacy?

I wouldn't give up my privacy for anything, I think.

5 years.

Very much a lone wolf. Awooooooooo!

favorite instrument?

Violin/cello or piano. I also love dutar (a two-string, pear-shaped middle-eastern instrument).

know?

If I was in such a position I would have to insist that telling me such information could compromise their case, also I would have no objection to defending an individual who could be guilty unless there was a conflict of interest. Perhaps if I was doing law I would have a better answer.

you be?

Nobody alive today, thats for sure.

you were growing up?

I have no recolection, but I did have a book of folk tales from around the world, some of the northern european ones were good.

A lucrative reality TV deal of course.

About a decade

I am a made leader.

favorite instrument?

Hmmm, the bazoukia perhaps.

VertigoGal, 14? I wasn't anywhere near as articulate as you are when I was your age. Nor as savvy.

Glad you like the threads. I'm always curious about the person underneath the ideology, what are the other interests, ideas, values, nostalgias, etc. that I can't gauge from issue discussions.
So I like a break every now and again.

Last edited:
BonosSaint said:
Glad you like the threads. I'm always curious about the person underneath the ideology, what are the other interests, ideas, values, nostalgias, etc. that I can't gauge from issue discussions. So I like a break every now and again.

A break is always a good thing. We should have more threads like these :yes:-keep a balance between the heavy stuff and the more light-hearted stuff :).

Angela

BonosSaint said:
know?
you be?
you were growing up?
favorite instrument?

1= No. I would not be an attourney to begin with, because I like honesty too much, and hate how it gets bent in courtrooms. If I were, it would be more important to me to defend someone I thought was innocent, etc. (I would make my own judgement, and if I disagreed with the person I was defending, it would end right there). I might be able to win, but integrity is important to me. It would be undesireable.

2= ? Opposite gender? My future wife, because I would take care of her like you wouldn't believe

3= Final Fantasy series. The video games. Lots of myths, stories. I'm gonna tell them to my kids some day. I like any story with a knight, I like knights...

4= You can take my life, but you cannot take my pride. lol. I don't care what people know about me, because I don't have secrets to hide. But I love privacy, and spending time alone, at home, with loved ones. I would never risk interfereing with my loved one's lives, and wouldn't want my presence to interfere with them, or at least, as least as possible

5= ... best friend... I don't know who that is, really. I don't have a lot of close contacts... I would say a over a year, but I don't know...

6= Leader/Lone wolf. Absolutely not a follower. I like to work in teams, and am a team player. But I would rather a leader than a follower, although I could take orders. Perhaps that is why it is difficult for me sometimes - I am either a leader or a lone wolf. When I am somewhere in the middle, it's weird. I'm a lone wolf in life, because I tend to stand on my own, and have my own, strong beliefs and values. No one influences them.

But in many ways, that has made me a leader, and I don't mind it when others do follow me. I think I would make a good leader, because I am considerate and would do what is best, without having bais or giving in to preference. This might be contradictory to #1, but really, it isn't. I'll explain more later, perhaps.

7= PIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traditional asian instruments are cool, too.
CELLO!!!

The sound of smacking a hot girl's booty - music to my ears :yes:
Sorry, male chauvenist comment of the day. ^
I love women's voices, though, so I have to say that anyway.

Props to my man Dan, the triagle man. He played the triangle feircely for years in highschool. A true warrior, Dan is.

Gongs/TamTam.
The sound of metal rubbing against each other/sword stike, sheathing...

Last edited:
BonosSaint said:
VertigoGal, 14? I wasn't anywhere near as articulate as you are when I was your age. Nor as savvy.

Glad you like the threads. I'm always curious about the person underneath the ideology, what are the other interests, ideas, values, nostalgias, etc. that I can't gauge from issue discussions.
So I like a break every now and again.

ANother observer.... nice to meet you

Back
Top Bottom