Terror attacks in Egypt tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarit

The Fly
There have been 3 terror attacks in Egypt tonight in Sinai. Hundreds are injured and at least 35 are reported to be dead. The first and biggest attacked was in Hilton Taba Hotel-A car bomb drove straight into the hotel and exploded near several big gas balloons. The entire front of the hotel collapsed and perhaps several floors as well. There are unknown numbers of people who are trapped between the ruins.
Two more explosions (with few details as for this moments) happened at Ras al-Shitan and in Nuweiba-both south of Taba.

It is most likely by recent reports that Al-Queda is responsible for this attacks, or another Islamic terror group. The Palestinians terror organizations are not likely to carry out the attacks.

Most of the dead and injured are Israelis who spent there last day of the 'Sukot' holiday. Some reports said that Russian tourists were hurt too and British were injured.

This happened around 10.00 PM local time. Right now it's almost 02.00 AM and there is still very few information.

Lets not make this a political thread please, but just hope that the toll won't get higher and pay our thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

The BBC`s report

Terrible news for the people there and their families. Hoping and praying tonight that casualties are minimal and that the injured pull through.

:(

hey sarit, it looks like the video coming back from Egypt is showing victims being taken to a hospital with its name in Hebrew on the front of the building. Is this coincidental? Is this a Jewish area -- was it targeted for that reason?

I think the recent report I heard was that it was a new Islamic fundamentalist group -- something like the International Islamic Jihad.

Hoping everyone is alright there. While most of us don't know what daily car bombings are like, we are far too aware of building collapses due to terrorism. The latest I saw was over 3o dead, will probably go up. Shalom and stay safe.

Shraky, Taba is just a distance walk away from the Israeli border with Egypt, the Hebrew letters you've seen were there because most of the injured were evacuated to a hospital in the Israeli city Eilat.

My brother is in Eilat right now, he phoned homed right at the seconds after the explosion, it was heard miles away from the scene.

If they can't strike at home then they strike abroad. My deepest sympathies to all those murdered in this atrocity and those that survive them.

Back
Top Bottom