terror alert red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I was watching some news (I'm not watching a ton of it, actually) and there was a blurb in the bar on the bottom of the screen saying that the U.S. government's terrorism alert is on red, the highest possible. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it directly related to the attack on Iraq? Damn, this is scary.

Last edited:
Screaming Flower said:
are you sure? :scratch:

I saw it. I admit it, the station was Fox, not necessarily known for accuracy. My parents turned it on not me. I thought the terror alert was orange myself. So that's why the thing about red level caught my attention.

Yeah, I haven't heard about this, and if we're at red, I don't have to go to work (and honestly really wouldn't want to). :confused:

that's weird. it hasn't been on msnbc, and i just checked fox and it looks like it's still orange. fox likes to freak out a lot. maybe they spazzed out for a moment.

from the dept. of homeland security website:

dhs-advisory-high.gif

fox has this dark orange on their alert crawl and it does say high -- very misleading because it looks red.

Screaming Flower said:
that's weird. it hasn't been on msnbc, and i just checked fox and it looks like it's still orange. fox likes to freak out a lot. maybe they spazzed out for a moment.

Damn, this is *not* cool. We're already nervous enough without the media contributing to the situation. The idiots!:madspit: :mad: :censored:

sharky said:
fox has this dark orange on their alert crawl and it does say high -- very misleading because it looks red.

tell me about it. i started freaking out when i saw the color. then i was like: WHERE IS BRIAN WILLIAMS...and realized that i was on fox.

sharky said:

That's what it was. It did say "high" and honestly, that "orange" looked red to me.
I think I'll watch another station for news. Fox, you screwed up. :madspit: :mad: :censored:

Would it surprise anyone tho? I mean, ding ding ding, hello. What did people think this war was going to do? Make terrorists our friends?

Lilly said:

tell me about it. i started freaking out when i saw the color. then i was like: WHERE IS BRIAN WILLIAMS...and realized that i was on fox.

:shocked:

boof, how dare you watch fox?! tom would be shattered. :sad: :angry: :|

and khanada thank you for the ernie alert. :laugh:

sulawesigirl4 said:
Would it surprise anyone tho? I mean, ding ding ding, hello. What did people think this war was going to do? Make terrorists our friends?

Of course not. I was just asking about the screen on Fox TV, and what the government is doing, not asking what any terrorists might or might not actually be doing.

Back
Top Bottom