Terminally Ill Man To Be Executed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:

i can't be responsible for a flawed system, nor the improper use of free will by rich ppl.

dbs

If you admit the system is flawed, why support it?

diamond said:
some of you do not have the intellectual bandwidth nor girth to wrap your brain around the wisdom of my posts.

if u have money to defend yourself, whether you're black white or purple, you usually are able to avoid the DP.

Once again you go off on your hypocritical insults... how typical.

And to defend something that mostly effects poor people and admitting that, just digs your hole of hypocricy even deeper.

And I'm figuring that since you haven't responded to any of my questions you either have no means of countering them or have me blocked, either way it's a shame.

diamond said:
some of you do not have the intellectual bandwidth nor girth to wrap your brain around the wisdom of my posts.

Can you post some arguments in favor of the DP without quoting Scripture or using emotionally biased language? I've got plenty of bandwidth, but I've also got a firewall that denies information that is not relevant. :wink:

w/that logic we'd all be protesting about every flaw in every system...and there would be complete anarchy.

dbs

Nice, black and white.

There's something between protesting everything and protesting nothing at all.

phillyfan26 said:
The fact that our justice system is based around the idea that things are "beyond a reasonable doubt" as opposed to "an absolute certainty" speaks volumes about the problems with that statement.

phillyfan26 said:
That's why it's not a good idea to always read the law as black-and-white.

diamond said:
w/that logic we'd all be protesting about every flaw in every system...and there would be complete anarchy.

dbs

Just because people protest flaws in the system doesn't mean they want to overthrow the system. Maybe they just want to fix it.

diamond said:

dbs

Who said anything about protesting? WE are "the people". We don't need to protest ourselves. We can vote for congressmen/women and the attorneys that bring our agendas to the table and we can be responsible and objective (as possible) jurors.

diamond said:

:ohmy: You know me better than i thought.

Bono's shades said:

Just because people protest flaws in the system doesn't mean they want to overthrow the system. Maybe they just want to fix it.

Diamond, take note. Here is wisdom.

Liesje said:

Who said anything about protesting? WE are "the people". We don't need to protest ourselves. We can vote for congressmen/women and the attorneys that bring our agendas to the table and we can be responsible and objective (as possible) jurors.

And here.

The fact of the matter is this, the guy commited a crime/crimes which, as things stand, was deemed punishible by the death penalty. Fact he is dying is neither here nor there in my eyes. I hope he is suffering to be honest. Did he afford his victims any dignity when he ended their lives?

Back
Top Bottom