Ter. Heinz-Kerry: potentially the worst 1st Lady we've had ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure that a president with a good first lady will perform better than if she's crap. A man's wife does play a large role in his life you know, and his life plays a large role in his presidency.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Can you read the minds of all women? That must come in handy?

lol

I think John Kerry was just joking about "marrying up". Maybe he wasn't talking about money, in that case I think he's complimenting his wife, and I like that. I think that's the case actually :) I've seen and read plenty of interviews in which Senator Kerry speaks eloquently of his love for his wife.

He also said George also "married up" and I think he did in every way :D

diamond said:
yes.
mel gibson helps me:):wink:

seriously-
based on ms heinz comments about laura after that debate it's not too hard to connect the dots.

db9

You were one of those kids who skipped a lot of dots when playing connect-the-dots and it ended up not quite looking right, weren't you?:wink:

CWG: U were correct in your assessment of the former Republican (until several months ago) Teresa Katch-up! Thanx for the foresight of creating this file. Personally, I enjoy as in entertainment TH-K's loose cannon "candidness" such as "Shove it!", "Scumbag!", "Shut up!", "She had no real job", etc. -- and that's just with the "S"s. :ohmy: However, not in the White House nor speaking on behalf of America!! The majority of voters agreed! :wink:

Last edited:
No Lady Kerry in the White House!

Clark W. Griswold said:
(Teresa Heinz-Kerry) Poor speaking skills and an even worse temper.... She's not anywhere close to being in the same league as:

Laura Bush - well spoken and charming
Hillary Clinton - smarter than Willy several times over; I would never vote for her but if anyone deserved to be the original "First Husband"....
Barbara Bush - grandmotherly and witty
Nancy Reagan - terrific lady; did well with charity work
Rosalyn Carter - Southern charm
Betty Ford - okay, a (former) pill popping drunk but her husband used the ramp of Air Force One as his own personal sliding board so give her a break
Pat Nixon - too young to remember her but she seemed okay
Lady Bird Johnson - before my time
Jackie Kennedy - schwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here 'tis -- meant to include it for convenience in post above. :|

Last edited:
I don't think people vote for First Lady. A vote for President *is* a pretty personal decision, but I think that's pushing it.

Yeah, but I do think the wife's public persona plays a role in how we see the candidate as a family man. I'm not saying it costed Kerry the election, but I wouldn't doubt that Teresa may have turned off a few undecided voters.

"First Lady" Teresa Heinz....

U2Democrat said:
she also may have turned on a few. so it balances out.
You're fantasizing, even post-election. :huh: I know people in Ohio, for example, who stated that they'd not vote for KERRY especially because they "didn't want to listen to the rantin' 'n' ravin' of TERESA for four long years" (that's a quote). Obviously, it didn't "balance out". KERRY & TERRY lost. :|

i don't know about you but i'm a total CNN junkie, and there were often people interviewed, not always democrats, who would rave about THK. of course there were those who didn't like her, but as i said it balances out. expand your mind.

Teresa is uniquely different from any first lady we've had, I can very well say that. I think we've seen her spew publicly quite a bit though. I think she took some attention away from her husband by doing that. I think if she was a little more reserved, she'd win my heart as a human being.

both my mom and i have had personal interaction with mrs. kerry, and we were both blown away by what an amazing woman she is. if more people could meet her more people would like her IMO.

Political mind expansion!

U2Democrat said:
i don't know about you but i'm a total CNN junkie.... expand your mind.
U only watch CNN (of the cable t.v. stations) and U have the chutzpah to say "expand your mind"!? :eeklaugh: Basically, I avoid CNN's very slanted left-wing news. CNN continued calling Sadamn Hussein Airport as such days after we secured the airport and it was renamed Baghdad Intn'l Airport. :sad: When TERESA H-K lied and claimed that she never said "Shove it!" to a reporter, FNC got the actual footage showing that in fact she did say it. :ohmy:

After CBS-TV (ha! ha!), CNN was the very last to acknowledge the overwhelming mathematical fact that KERRY lost the recent 2004 election. If U'd actually like to expand your mind and political perspective, U could check out some political shows on MSNBC-TV and also watch some Fox News Channel (undisputed #1 in cable news). :)

Last edited:
Re: Political mind expansion!

Stonewall said:

U only watch CNN (of the cable t.v. stations) and U have the chutzpah to say "expand your mind"!? :eeklaugh: Basically,I avoid CNN's very slanted news. CNN continued calling Sadamn Hussein Airport as such days after we secured the airport and it was renamed Bagdad Intn'l Airport. After CBS-TV (ha! ha!), CNN was the very last to acknowledge the overwhelming mathematical fact that KERRY lost the election. If U'd actually like to expand your mind and political perspective, U could check out some political shows on MSNBC and also watch some Fox News Channel (undisputed #1 in cable news). :)

whoever said i don't watch other network news? i'm very fond of shows such as "hardball" and "countdown".

Political mind expansion!

U2democrat said:
whoever said i don't watch other network news? i'm very fond of shows such as "hardball" and "countdown".
Good! I'm glad to hear that (for your own sake). Oh, yeah, "Countdown", too. I got the idea from U that U didn't watch other cable t.v. networks as U declared that U are a "CNN junkie"! :eyebrow:

FOX "news"? :lmao:

It's finally coming to Canada, which is fantastic, cuz Comedy Central has sucked lately.

Puh-leaze!

U2democrat said:
if CNN were liberal i can guarantee you robert novak would not be on the payroll.
Mr. Robert Novack -- soon celebrating his 86th birthday -- is simply a paid "foil" -- and a jerk! :mad: Whatever he was in the last century, he's not that now! :( In fact, it was even recently revealed that the phony is a registered Democrat in DC! :huh:

Last edited:
that's not "recent". that's been known for many years. he did that so he could vote for the weaker candidate in a democratic primary to help the republicans who ended up winning. and yes he is a jerk.

I can't say that either CNN or Fox News are balanced.

Conservatives generally find CNN too liberal.
Liberals find Fox News too conservative.

I can see why both sides feel the way they do.

On Fox News Channel over the recent election season (March to November) virtually every known Democrat was a welcomed guest on literally all of their shows -- except for one: JOHN KERRY. These Dem guests included legends such as future presidential candidate HILLARY CLINTON, former Presidential candidate George McGovern, former V.P. candidate Geraldine Ferraro, former NY Gov. Mario Cuomo, DNC Chairman Terry MacAuliffe -- plus endless Democratic U.S. Senators, Congressmembers, Governors, et al. After all, on "Hannity & Colmes", for example, one co-host is conservative and the other co-host is liberal. And they are friends and friendly. :tongue:

LAURA BUSH, LYNN CHENEY and ELIZABETH EDWARDS, among many political wives, appeared several times. TERESA H. KERRY was invited numerous occasions; however, the "anticipation" was never fulfilled. :sad:

Of course they welcomed these people on there... but I remember O'Reilly beating Kerry down pretty hard in an interview about his taxation policies and other things. Of course this was before Iowa, but I think Kerry took it quite well. I'd hate to admit it, but O'Reilly is basically the poster boy for Fox News. He may have some good opinions from time to time, but he has a problem with allowing people to disagree with him.

Hannity & Colmes, I don't see what all the talk is about though. I can't figure out whether liberals think Alan Colmes is a poor debater or if he's not liberal enough. Sean Hannity is usually a pretty flexible guy, but I've seen him bark pretty hard from time to time. Not quite as nuts as O'Reilly obviously. Colmes is a little more reserved, and I respect him for that.

CNN hasn't really impressed me either though. I'd like to see our peacemaking process as often as I hear about tragedies. Unfortunately, we aren't going to find this anywhere, especially on a left-leaning network.

Nobody can really be Fair and Balanced, I guess, since 80% of the media types vote liberal, and we have Fox News who leans right of center. I still think a lot of news goes unreported for political reasons. Maybe there's more to it than that, I don't know.

Fox also ran Eurabia an expose on radical Islam in Europe, like it or not Fox News fills a big gap in the mainstream media and there is a market, the Memogate scandal should be a reminder to those who whine about Fox News that no media is bias-free.

Back
Top Bottom