Ten reasons why gay marriage is wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but I hadn't until today and thought it was pretty good.

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Discuss.

Is there much need for discussion of this really?

All those reasons really just show how absurd it is that gay marriage is not legal everywhere.

I've never seen a gay person come up to anyone with a gun and force them to be gay...unless in a roleplay situation between consenting adults:sexywink:

I think it may have been Irvine who made a great joke about the 'gay agenda'

They get up in the morning...
Go to work...
Eat....
Sleep...

They are truly terrifying:wink:

LJT said:

They get up in the morning...
Go to work...
Eat....
Sleep...

They are truly terrifying:wink:

Next thing you know, they're going to try to get all straight people doing the same thing! :yikes:

That's a funny list. Too bad all the naysayers are scared of the gay agenda to take over the world. On the other hand, I am more scared of the evangelical agenda to impose their values on us. Oh, and please stop praying for me and my "soul".

DaveC said:

Next thing you know, they're going to try to get all straight people doing the same thing! :yikes:

But I don't want to eat:sad:

ha ha

you can post 100 reasons

people won't care

they know - right from wrong

good from evil

what is meant to be

and not

adam and steve or

adam and stefan

- is not right

in one's heart and soul

everyone knows

it's - Adam and Eve

or

Adolph and Eva

that support proper values

uhm, no, not EVERYONE knows....for the RECORD this little duck doesn't even believe there was and ADAM AND EVE. And frankly thinks people who believe there was an adam and eve which we are all decended from are quite loopy. :wink:

k thanks.

but i love that posts, cause it just shows how absurd peoples arguments are over the whole gay marriage thingy! hahaha

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

:lol:

Made me laugh.

I fully support gay marriage , why cant gay people be as misaerable as the rest of us ?

Im sure Gay people can be as loving towards kids as straight people.

vaz02 said:

Im sure Gay people can be as loving towards kids as straight people.

Exactly, when there are kids in orphanages crying out for loving parents and gay couples crying out for kids... it really makes you think why on earth are people stopping them?!

Hilarious, I haven't seen that before!

As someone who is currently going through a divorce, I'm now a complete convert to the whole gay marriage issue. Why should heterosexuals be the only ones who have to get screwed when the marriage goes south? :wink:

Looks like the anti-gay marriage amendment in Arizona has been rejected. That would be the first state to do so. Quite a symbolic victory, eh?

Voting for minority rights is always a disaster. :|

deep said:
ha ha

you can post 100 reasons

people won't care

they know - right from wrong

good from evil

what is meant to be

and not

adam and steve or

adam and stefan

- is not right

in one's heart and soul

everyone knows

it's - Adam and Eve

or

Adolph and Eva

that support proper values

Sp - uhhhhh...where did Cain's wife come from, then?
I know that sounds all smarty pants and all, but I've always wondered. And so, I recently found out, does a good Pastor I know. Heh. Apparently, there were more than two people on Earth - merely only two in the garden of Eden. :shrug:

At any rate, deep, the above list was intended as a JOKE. Relax. Snicker. Appreciate irony. It'll help you feel better. :grin:

Devlin said:

I know that sounds all smarty pants and all, but I've always wondered. And so, I recently found out, does a good Pastor I know. Heh. Apparently, there were more than two people on Earth - merely only two in the garden of Eden. :shrug:

At any rate, deep, the above list was intended as a JOKE. Relax. Snicker. Appreciate irony. It'll help you feel better. :grin:

You don't come to FYM much, do you? :wink:

Fair enough.

Stop in more often! We can always use some new viewpoints - by this point I can tell how the regulars will reply to a post even before I send it in! :der:

dazzlingamy said:
uhm, no, not EVERYONE knows....for the RECORD this little duck doesn't even believe there was and ADAM AND EVE. And frankly thinks people who believe there was an adam and eve which we are all decended from are quite loopy. :wink:

Yes, by now we all know how superior the reasoning from your humongous brain is when compared to the poop that secretes from the pea-sized brains of idiots like me who believe in the Biblical account of creation.

DaveC said:
The reasoning certainly is superior, by default. The Biblical account of creation has zero reasoning.

Well, it's nice to see that the Humongous Brain Club is growing by leaps and bounds here at FYM.

80sU2isBest said:

Well, it's nice to see that the Humongous Brain Club is growing by leaps and bounds here at FYM.

Humongous Brain

Yes, that was one of the more important adaptions for homo sapiens evolution

it occurred as early man, hunted in groups, and used crude weapons to bring down game

this extra protein is what led to the larger brains and reasoning ability, or as you say "Humongous Brain" :up:

Last edited:
Devlin said:

Suez Canal?

No, No, it was the other one
the Birth Canal.

And Baby Moses came from The Nile, right?

Last edited:
Wrong, Deep! She came from the land of Nod.
And baby Moses came from..what was her name..I think it was Rebeckah, or someone like that.
I know it just kills you that the world isn't as cut and dry as you would like it to be, but there it is. No matter how much you might want to decry it, people like me DO exist, and we deserve the same rights as you.

"John Lennon was once asked whether Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, to which he responded "He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles".

Since this was bumped for no good reason by a banned member, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom