Tell me about MARRIAGE......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

is there any other kind? ;)

No....see ......I have a chart and depending on the credit card bill....there are better and better sex activities........

The expensive items are just pain deviant.....:applaud:

Dreadsox said:

The expensive items are just pain deviant.....:applaud:

you've certainly piqued my interest... tell me, just where do you "swipe" your "credit card" when purchasing expensive sex, if you catch my drift ...

;)

cheap sex is all i can afford these days. $9.99 Chilean red wine and a futon just about says it all.

I think you miss the point..... The more my wife spends=where she winds up on my list.

Dreadsox said:
I think you miss the point..... The more my wife spends=where she winds up on my list.

oh, i see. so it's kind of a bartering system, as opposed to a cash-for-services deal.

maybe both...and boy do my typos get worse wehn I am on meds...lol:wink:

I would guess that every marriage is exactly what the 2 people in that marriage want it to be

but I'll stop derailing this thread now

Love, honour and cherish. THE three most important words of commitment you can make.

To love: To me, means putting aside differences, accepting a person for who they are and wanting to be with them over anybody else. (Note: This may not be everyone's definition but this is what love means to me).

To Honour: Support, understanding, sympathy, respect. To be there no matter what, whenever you are needed.

To cherish: This, to me, is like the amazement you get at the feelings of joy (for example) another person can generate by their words or actions, reminding you of yet another reason why you are with that person.

Marriage is a commitment and whether it is lifelong or not, I believe, very few people enter into such a relationship without the best of intentions. As said before, sometimes outside forces can cripple a relationship to the point where it must end for the sake of the people within it. I know, I have been there.

Very good thread. I've been thinking about this alot lately with all the crazy wedding planning going on [less than five months]. I think the problem with the wedding industry today and the idea of a wedding is that it's about a party -- flowers, food, music, etc. -- and people rarely think about what happens after that. The most serious discussions my fiance and I have had have not been about flowers or food. The serious discussions are about where we plan to live, what kind of car we could afford, what kind of family we want, what about finances. The problem with today's society is that you spend more time thinking about the wedding than the marriage. "What do you mean forever? I just wanted a party!"

Marriage is being commited to a person -- to have your needs become theirs and their needs become yours. To have fun, to make sacrifices and anything else you make your marriage to be what you and your partner want it to be.

I agree sharky, I definitely see that wedding frenzy and oops what comes after that..and not just in younger people. Maybe most people who get like that have a relationship that wouldn't have much staying power anyway.

The wedding thing is all part of the unrealistic fantasy, not that it's wrong to want a nice wedding, but it really goes too far for so many people. I think they turn it into an ego trip and competition.

Two people who get stuck with each other and find it easier to just stay that way:|

sharky said:
Very good thread. I've been thinking about this alot lately with all the crazy wedding planning going on [less than five months]. I think the problem with the wedding industry today and the idea of a wedding is that it's about a party -- flowers, food, music, etc. -- and people rarely think about what happens after that. The most serious discussions my fiance and I have had have not been about flowers or food. The serious discussions are about where we plan to live, what kind of car we could afford, what kind of family we want, what about finances. The problem with today's society is that you spend more time thinking about the wedding than the marriage. "What do you mean forever? I just wanted a party!"
I completely agree. That is a problem, there's the big day, but after that, what to have left? I think the marriage should be even more exciting than the wedding. I think of marriage as the most serious commitment two people can make, and it should be planned with that in mind.

sharky said:
Marriage is being commited to a person -- to have your needs become theirs and their needs become yours. To have fun, to make sacrifices and anything else you make your marriage to be what you and your partner want it to be.
"Compromise, that's nothing new to you..." - Electrical Storm

Back
Top Bottom