Teens Beat up Homeless with Baseball Bats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, this is just disgusting. :sad:

Someone just released a list of the worst cities to be homeless in. I was shocked that nearby Lawrence, Kan. was No. 2. Some city in Florida was No. 1.

:sad:

I hope they catch the bastards, I wonder how old they are. If they're juveniles they'll probably just get a slap on the wrist, or a judge who no longer believes in punishment.

nbcrusader said:
We live in a culture of violence. Our "entertainment" oozes violence - and there are rarely consequences.

it's the free market!

(why is it right in some circumstance, and wrong in others?)

This is truly discusting.

Justin24 said:

I know the response to this jail only. But they should get hit a couple of time. I mean look at Signapore and what they did to the US citizen who defaced their land with spray paint.

And so is this.

nbcrusader said:

Makes you wonder why we keep buying it....

i wish i knew. i always think movies are too violent. i can't imagine why people get so caught up in sex, but not violence.

there are times when violence is artistically important, perhaps for historical accuracy (Schindler's List), or to chronicle the degrading effects of violence on the individual (Munich), or perhaps to challenge what we think of as violence with utter absurdity (Kill Bill).

however, i'd never go to a horror movie or one of those macho slam-bam Bruce Willis-type movies (that don't seem to be as common as they were in the late 80s).

Disgusting?? What was disgusting is seen the helpless guy get hit multiple times with a baseball bat. Or recently a homeless guy was set on fire while asleep here in the city of SF, a city of peace and love?:|

If you were attacked dont tell me you would be like brother I forgive you. No you would want to beat the S--t out of them.

You will never get away from violence or sex, unless you take that from the people and become a dictator and tell people what they are allowed to watch.

I guess your stance on viewing things safe for society is CareBears???:wink:

nbcrusader said:
now my son wants a sword and his own minotaur.....

well, if we hear of any stories of homeless minotaurs beaten on the streets of the OC, we'll know exactly who to blame.

;)

(though i haven't seen the movie ... are the minotaurs bad?)

nbcrusader said:

:rolleyes:

now my son wants a sword and his own minotaur.....

:wink:

my nephews

got plastic swords for Christmas (from their parents)

(not real ones like Santa gave the kids in the movie)

they were sliding throats and beheading like crazy :up:

Justin24 said:
Disgusting?? What was disgusting is seen the helpless guy get hit multiple times with a baseball bat. Or recently a homeless guy was set on fire while asleep here in the city of SF, a city of peace and love?:|
If you looked at my post I said both were discusting.

Justin24 said:

If you were attacked dont tell me you would be like brother I forgive you. No you would want to beat the S--t out of them.

I have been attacked. I defended myself and held him till the police came. I could have easily killed him or at least broken several of his bones and left him maimed. For I was trained how to...

But I don't believe in vengence. So quit projecting your own bloodlust upon me.

I dont have a bloodlust I believe in Justice. I would go around killing people either.

deep said:
they were sliding throats and beheading like crazy :up:

does this happen in Narnia? it does in LOTR, but Narnia?

perhaps if you got the kids a wooden cross and some whips, they could play "Passion of the Christ"?

but what kids would have play the Jews ... :hmm:

kidding! kidding!

though i do wonder what kind of nightmares Mel Gibson has given to all sorts of fundamentalist 8 year olds who were brought to the world's highest grossing snuff film by their parents.

So your telling me you dont get into fights. you wouldn't kill an insect. You dont know me, you cant say I am barbaric. You like to generalize. I could say your a no good hippie who does the human chain in protest and puts flowers in gun barrels.

If you have so much sympathy for criminals, why dont you go to the prisons and try to rehabilitate them, show them to play guitar, piano or show them you hippie was Mr. Gere.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

does this happen in Narnia? it does in LOTR, but Narnia?

perhaps if you got the kids a wooden cross and some whips, they could play "Passion of the Christ"?

but what kids would have play the Jews ... :hmm:

kidding! kidding!

though i do wonder what kind of nightmares Mel Gibson has given to all sorts of fundamentalist 8 year olds who were brought to the world's highest grossing snuff film by their parents.

my nieces and nephews are between
ages of 5-13

they have seen the LOTR movies and StarWars, too

my little sister is still outraged that Titanic had a bare breast shot in it.

to their credit, they would not see "The Passion".

narnia is very violent

as I stated Santa shows up and gives the children real weapons of war

it is divided into us verses them

Justin24 said:
So your telling me you dont get into fights.
Never have. And I've only had to use my training in Tae Kwon Do once in my life.

Justin24 said:

you wouldn't kill an insect.
Has nothing to do with this thread. Poor move.
Justin24 said:

You dont know me, you cant say I am barbaric. You like to generalize.
I'm not generalizing. I'm making logical deductions based on several of your posts.
Justin24 said:

I could say your a no good hippie who does the human chain in protest and puts flowers in gun barrels.

And that would be stupid for you have nothing to bring you to those conclusions.

Irvine511 said:

that is funny

one of my neighbors came into the shop
where I drink my morning coffee around the holidays

she told me she was worried about her 5 year old grandson

she was giving him the
crucifixion story, death, burial and coming back to life bit.

The kid got all scared
and said he didn't want to hear about Jesus and he did not like him.

She was worried about his soul.

I told her imagine hearing this story about his school teacher, or the guy across the street being executed.

She got it then

It is not a beautiful story.
It is enough to give a kid nightmares.

Justin24 said:
I dont have a bloodlust I believe in Justice. I would go around killing people either.

From your posts that I have read, it seems to me that you are quite keen on harsh forms of punishment that give you some kind of personal satisfaction that is wholly removed from any concept of justice.

deep said:
my little sister is still outraged that Titanic had a bare breast shot in it.

i don't get it.

god forbid, a female breast, a part of a human body.

but, hey, it's cool to watch people suffer and die for the last 45 minutes of the movie.

Justin24 said:

If you have so much sympathy for criminals, why dont you go to the prisons and try to rehabilitate them, show them to play guitar, piano or show them you hippie was Mr. Gere.

Who said anything about sympathy for criminals? You are making a large leap of logic, from he wants civil means of punishment, i.e. not beating them, therefore he must feel sorry for them.

Believe it or not many do get rehabilitated.

or show them you hippie was Mr. Gere.
And I have no clue WTF this is suppose to mean.

deep said:

It is not a beautiful story.
It is enough to give a kid nightmares.

sounds like the story should be rated NC-17.

my roommate had the best description of that movie: "so they started to torture him. after a while, i left the theater and went outside. i smoked two cigarettes and made a couple phone calls. i then went back into the theater, and they were still torturing him."

Irvine511 said:

i don't get it.

god forbid, a female breast, a part of a human body.

but, hey, it's cool to watch people suffer and die for the last 45 minutes of the movie.

i got an eye opener

when I asked my brother-in-law if he would rather have his children playing at a neighbor's home
where there were guns on a shelf in a closet
or copies of playboy magazine

Back
Top Bottom