Teens Beat up Homeless with Baseball Bats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
Question Bonovox, What made you so Anti-death penalty???

First and foremost, humans are by definition fallible, therefore not every person sentenced to death is guilty.

Beyond that, just the teachings of Christ to forgive your enemies.

Now let me ask you a question. Back on the topic of this thread. Should every crime be punished by an equal action, i.e. you beat therefore I beat you?

But then would you whine about cruel and unusual punishment? Oh poor criminial is in jail, He is being "Tortured" by his feeling, I think he may kill him self:sad:
I could have sworn it was in one of the Books, Muslim, Christian or Jewish, where we were allowed to kill a murderer who killed an innocent, but thats getting off topic.:wink:

If I am arrested by for beating the shit out of someone then I deserve it. I mean if all you were arrested for was starting a fight. Instead of serving jail, you should get wailed on for 2 min.
So this is a christian thing. You do know people have different belifes in punishment.

Then if you believe in forgiveness, then by god I think you should start spreading the word. Go hug a fellow inmate let them free, all the rapist, molesters, robbers, Murderers out and say you have been forgiven, because God told me to.

Justin24 said:
But then would you whine about cruel and unusual punishment? Oh poor criminial is in jail, He is being "Tortured" by his feeling, I think he may kill him self:sad:
Emotion doesn't fall under that definition. If it did, many could sue about life in general.

Justin24 said:

I could have sworn it was in one of the Books, Muslim, Christian or Jewish, where we were allowed to kill a murderer who killed an innocent, but thats getting off topic.:wink:
Yes many religions may justify an eye for an eye. And many don't.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
Criminals are still human. You haven't been to CA over at San Quinten where thousands of people hold signs wishing and praying that he or she recieves Clemency. But you dont see thousand of people crying and being there for the victims family.

You seem to have a difficulty differentiating two things. Rarely are people actually demonstrating in open support of the criminal. They're demonstrating against the death penalty itself (removed from who's being executed) as they don't believe any person's life should be taken - regardless of whether the killing is deemed legal or illegal by the state.

And go to any legal proceeding and you'll see plenty of support for victims. I don't know where you got this funny idea that people are supporting criminals and not supporting victims.

Justin24 said:
If I am arrested by for beating the shit out of someone then I deserve it. I mean if all you were arrested for was starting a fight. Instead of serving jail, you should get wailed on for 2 min.
So this is a christian thing. You do know people have different belifes in punishment.

Then if you believe in forgiveness, then by god I think you should start spreading the word. Go hug a fellow inmate let them free, all the rapist, molesters, robbers, Murderers out and say you have been forgiven, because God told me to.

Your post just doesn't make sense. Why is beating someone a Christian thing? And why would anyone be releasing convicted rapists, molesters, et cetera?

Really, then why were thousand of people screaming free Tookie Williams. You know he killed a 7-11 clerk point blank to the head and laughed about it to his friends. He also killed a family of three who were working at a motel and robbed them and made racist remarks and laughed about it.
Oh and the reason people wanted him alive is because he writes childrens books now. How sweet.

Bonovaux said:
Beyond that, just the teachings of Christ to forgive your enemies

Thats why it's a christian thing. And the whole beating because is a christian thing, I think you have that out context.

Justin24 said:
What are you talking about?:huh: Seriously?!

Justin24 said:

Forgiveness doesn't mean free from justice. Forgiveness means you allow yourself to forgive this person of what they've done and hope they can rehabilitate, be it in jail, rehab, or whatever they need.

Whoa, buddy. I don't think I ever said what my religious beliefs were.

And the fact that you said this "the reason people wanted him alive is because he writes childrens books now" shows you didn't even read my own statement about how I feel about impartial human rights. Why do you feel some deserve certain rights but others don't?

Justin24 said:
Really, then why were thousand of people screaming free Tookie Williams. You know he killed a 7-11 clerk point blank to the head and laughed about it to his friends. He also killed a family of three who were working at a motel and robbed them and made racist remarks and laughed about it.
Oh and the reason people wanted him alive is because he writes childrens books now. How sweet.

OK, firstly, up until the time of Tookie's death, people were disputing his guilt. Secondly, you have no grasp on why people did not want him executed. If you think it was just because of the children's books he wrote, you have no grasp on the situation. Thirdly, you have not disproved my statement; rather, you have done the opposite, as I said "Rarely are people actually demonstrating in open support of the criminal" and you just showed one of those situations where people do demonstrate in support of the criminal.

But if you take time to open your eyes, you will notice the people who are consistently out protesting at executions aren't there because they support each specific criminal, but because they oppose the death penalty and will protest any and every use of it.

Justin24 said:

Thats why it's a christian thing. And the whole beating because is a christian thing, I think you have that out context.

Could you please try to make sense and explain how beating and Christianity are connected?

I understand the logic expressed by Justin24 in regards to how being against the death penalty is actually supporting criminals.

It's the same logic used by some people to attack anti-war activists as being non-supportive of the troops and giving strength to the terrorists.

It make's perfect sense to some people. :huh:

Justin24 said:
Well looks as if criminals have more supporters than victims do.:tsk:

Have you ever been victimized in any way similar to the news we are discussing? I feel I came damn close to being a murder victim myself once, "luckily" I can just say a victim of violence...and I still never had the will or desire to inflict that on anyone, including the person who hurt me.

I'm back Bonovox did your mind change on how we should reallly punish murderers??????

Police ID Two Suspects in Homeless Beating - AP

Two South Florida teens were involved in the beatings of three homeless men, police said, and family attorneys were negotiating their surrender.

Both teens will face murder charges in the death of one homeless man and aggravated battery charges in the beating of two others, Detective Katherine Collins said.

Brian Hooks, 18, and Thomas S. Daugherty, 17, were out of state Saturday and had not been arrested, police said.

The pair are suspects in Thursday's videotaped beating attack of Jacques Pierre, 58, on the Fort Lauderdale campus of Florida Atlantic University. The attack was captured on a security camera.

Police also named the teens in the death of Norris Gaynor, 45, who was killed a few blocks away, and in the beating of Raymond Perez, 49, in a Church-by-the-Sea garden.

Perez and Pierre were listed in fair condition Saturday at Broward General Medical Center, and doctors expected to release them in a few days.

A man at Hooks' home declined comment to reporters after police searched the home and removed a baseball bat. There was no published phone listing for Hooks or Daugherty in Fort Lauderdale.

capt.flls10601160000.homeless_beatings_flls106.jpg

Sue DeNym said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10834294/

I hope the judge throws the book at these little psychos. :mad:

Unfotunately, the damage is done, I believe. One year, one day, one month won't change what has been building up for those kids entire lives.

That one incident is the result of many years......

I hope someone can instil in those kids the will to work for many years upon improving themselves.

Back
Top Bottom