Teens Beat up Homeless with Baseball Bats - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 09:28 PM
I do not understand the blaming of violence in the media be it film, television or the perennial favourite video games for violence in the real world. Study after study refutes it but every time they find anecdotal evidence and drag some kid out to prove that it is bad.

The fascists in the Christian Coalition and all the conservatives and leftists who get riled up when they find something objectionable can stuff it.

Give the people what they want, even if that means Baise-moi, Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS or Cannibal Holocaust then so be it.

censored cartoon website
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
From your posts that I have read, it seems to me that you are quite keen on harsh forms of punishment that give you some kind of personal satisfaction that is wholly removed from any concept of justice.[/URL]
Scenerio: Your walking to the bus stop after leaving work and you hear someone screaming for help. Do you call the police and wait God knows how long for them to arrive or go and help that person. If you choose to help that person, and in doing so you "FUBAR" the criminal or kill him in the stuggle, would you have remorse for what you did?

If a criminal brutally rapes, then kills the victim are you saying he can be rehabilitated (even a serial killer) if you can do that then much praise. A victim suffers a brutal death, the murderer is lucky he is only getting a shot in his arm and not ending the same way he killed the victim.

When someone is executed it is not "revenge" it is a just punishment for the gruesome act he did by taking someone elses life away and destroy a whole family also.
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
can you go up to a victims family (ie. That girl who was killed in Florida) and tell them face to face. Two wrongs dont make a right, and how it would be better if he or she stayed in prison the rest of their lives, while you go to the cemetary and see your child, wife, husband laying 6ft under.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


Scenerio: Your walking to the bus stop after leaving work and you hear someone screaming for help. Do you call the police and wait God knows how long for them to arrive or go and help that person. If you choose to help that person, and in doing so you "FUBAR" the criminal or kill him in the stuggle, would you have remorse for what you did?

What does this have to do with anything?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
can you go up to a victims family (ie. That girl who was killed in Florida) and tell them face to face. Two wrongs dont make a right, and how it would be better if he or she stayed in prison the rest of their lives, while you go to the cemetary and see your child, wife, husband laying 6ft under.
See once again you are emotionalizing it. Justice is not emotional, revenge is.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
An do you stand there waiting for the police or help. If he you dont and he was caught later and being executed would you be against it after seeing such a vile act. Or if you helped stop him from killing that person by saving that person and he was arrested that criminal would not face jail time, or if he died in the stuggle he would be dead, never to harm anyone again.
If he was arreseted but did not kill the victim he can still cause harm in prison.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
It is not revenge but punishment for for his cowardly deed. So this proves "You cant go face to face" with the victims and say that. Mabey deep down inside when you read stories about these murderers that you wish they were executed, and dont lie cause we all have feelings about that now and then.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
An do you stand there waiting for the police or help. If he you dont and he was caught later and being executed would you be against it after seeing such a vile act. Or if you helped stop him from killing that person by saving that person and he was arrested that criminal would not face jail time, or if he died in the stuggle he would be dead, never to harm anyone again.
If he was arreseted but did not kill the victim he can still cause harm in prison.
Of course you help...

but as for the rest of the what ifs in that statement, they make no sense. You're just rambling.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Mabey deep down inside when you read stories about these murderers that you wish they were executed, and dont lie cause we all have feelings about that now and then.
I have told you that I wouldn't. I told you I've known people murdered. So quit projecting your feelings on to me. I've asked you once.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #40
Refugee
 
Sue DeNym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Posts: 1,608
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
and the third, a homeless man who was sleeping, near the Church-by-the-Sea on Mayan Drive off the 17th Street Causeway.
What the hell kind of cowardly attacks a man who is SLEEPING?!

I hope they catch these nasty little gits. I can't wait to hear the rationale for their brutality. Let me guess; they were "bored".

And I hope they get a tough-as-nails judge who gives them the maximum sentence.
__________________
Sue DeNym is offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:05 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Mabey deep down inside when you read stories about these murderers that you wish they were executed, and dont lie cause we all have feelings about that now and then.
Gee really? We ALL having feelings like that? Time to turn in my Amensty International membership card then. Thanks for enlightening me.
__________________
starsgoblue is offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:22 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
I am sure Amnesty International will be sad to loose another member.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:23 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Whatever.
__________________
starsgoblue is offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 06:28 AM
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:26 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Well looks as if criminals have more supporters than victims do.
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com