Teens Are Having Sex - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #16
New Yorker
Local Time: 01:12 AM
I started taking the Pill like a year ago, and I lost probably 15 pounds. I did not gain weight at all and in fact, I started to take it for the real reason, not to become regular on my periods (which were light anyway). I have a low dosage but I honestly lost weight.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ylimeU2

I understand that you are just raising a point about the morning after pill, but does anyone really think that women, especially teenagers, consider this a viable birth control option?
This is the part of the morning after pill debate that I have a hard time with, as a supporter of open access to the pill. I was just having this discussion with a friend of mine, because a girl we know actually has used the morning after pill multiple times as what appears to be Plan A. (This girl is crazy on many levels, I might add, very smart in someways but absolutely lacks common sense/street smarts and is a pathological liar to boot - for instance, she told me she'd taken it once, with a certain guy, but I know another guy she was with who says she used it multiple times with him...) Fortunately she's now on birth control, I guess having given up the argument that it screws with her hormones as clearly taking the morning after pill is more screwey.

So the answer is, yes, to a degree, some really f'd up people do. Which doesn't mean they should ruin it for the more responsible in the rest of the population of women.

As to the pill, I'm not sure whether it was other factors while and right after I went on the pill (stress of the end of high school, then college - freshmen 15 anyone?) but I did gain wait around the same time, including a cup size. I've mostly lost the weight but not the cup size; I'm still on the pill though I've changed types several times. However, I started taking it for birth control, and wasn't entirely happy to see another cup size (I didn't need it). Most of my friends either take it for birth control or to control disruptive symptoms/cramps during their periods.