Ted Turner - Men Should Be Barred From Public Office For 100 Years - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Aha- I found out via Google why Ted doesn't think straight and espouses such crazy ideas. Once again, it's all a woman's fault. Dr. Laura would love it.

"Fonda writes that her religious conversion coincided with the realization that Turner had never stopped cheating on her.

A month into their marriage, she found out he'd had a "nooner" with another woman. She confronted him and bashed him over the head with a mobile phone."

So if you don't want to think progressively about women and their abilities, keep your pants zipped and don't cheat. Thank you and have a good day.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Aha- I found out via Google why Ted doesn't think straight and espouses such crazy ideas. Once again, it's all a woman's fault. Dr. Laura would love it.
I've never been into Dr. Laura. Didn't she pose for Playboy, and later in life, railed on young women who followed her footsteps?

On one hand, she could be saying "Don't do this, you'll regret it later in life."

On the other, she could be a hypocrite, depending on how you see it..

But "All a woman's fault?"

We all understand that a relationship is the progression or regression based on the interaction of two imperfect equals.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Uh, I was being sarcastic (but with a note of realism pertaining to this thread and referencing a recent thread I started about her and her strange views on men and women). Once again you are taking things too literally, perhaps in an attempt to prove that you're right.

And humility really has so much to do with it, a truly humble man in my opinion would have no issue with what Ted Turner said.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Uh, I was being sarcastic (but with a note of realism pertaining to this thread and referencing a recent thread I started about her and her strange views on men and women). Once again you are taking things too literally, perhaps in an attempt to prove that you're right.

And humility really has so much to do with it, a truly humble man in my opinion would have no issue with what Ted Turner said.
The beginning arguments on the thread led me to believe otherwise. But if YOU don't take Turner's point literally, than I agree that it's a good thing.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

"Aha- I found out via Google why Ted doesn't think straight and espouses such crazy ideas. Once again, it's all a woman's fault. Dr. Laura would love it."

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I was being a bit sarcastic in what I said about Dr. Laura, and I was being sarcastic about that-not the whole thread.

Like I tried to explain, he is speaking in hyperbole- and I certainly DO take the underlying ideas behind what he said seriously and literally. And perhaps it might behoove some men and boys to do the same.

At this point in my life and with the state of the world, I am mighty tempted to take what he said literally. Actually 100 years might not be enough.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Those years spent with Hanoi Jane prob friend his brain.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Like I tried to explain, he is speaking in hyperbole- and I certainly DO take the underlying ideas behind what he said seriously and literally. And perhaps it might behoove some men and boys to do the same.

At this point in my life and with the state of the world, I am mighty tempted to take what he said literally. Actually 100 years might not be enough.
I think you should let Chirac stay in power.

He's good at complicating things.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BOCAGATOR
Great argument.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:32 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BOCAGATOR
You just made my point with that post

Paging Dr. Laura, paging Dr. Laura
Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Chris Rock said it best "Women would rule the world already if it weren´t for a simple fact ...women hate women!!"
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Honestly with all the gender clash

Mysoginists should sod off, as should the misandrists and the marketplace of ideas should define the course of action,

The question is what is the least bad ways to deal with
> Individual wealth
> Political representation
> Freedom of concience

I do not believe that these are held to a combination of chromosokes on behalf of leaders rather a more nuanced interaction of innumerable factorsl

I may hold cynicysm towards religion and the nature of political representtation but at this stage I still take a vaguely sexocentric view towards the fairer sex of respect and politeness to a fault - but playing politics and defining it by the sex chromosome on your fathers sperm cell is childish and petty. Debate the issues in the marketplace of ideas and leaave the biology out of it.

/end rant against gender politics.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #57
War Child

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Here's a thought-

THREE WISE WOMEN

would have...

Asked directions,
Arrived on time,
Helped deliver the baby,
Cleaned the stable,
Made a casserole,
Brought practical gifts,

and there would be

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Honestly with all the gender clash

Mysoginists should sod off, as should the misandrists and the marketplace of ideas should define the course of action,

The question is what is the least bad ways to deal with
> Individual wealth
> Political representation
> Freedom of concience

I do not believe that these are held to a combination of chromosokes on behalf of leaders rather a more nuanced interaction of innumerable factorsl

I may hold cynicysm towards religion and the nature of political representtation but at this stage I still take a vaguely sexocentric view towards the fairer sex of respect and politeness to a fault - but playing politics and defining it by the sex chromosome on your fathers sperm cell is childish and petty. Debate the issues in the marketplace of ideas and leaave the biology out of it.

/end rant against gender politics.
Way to hit the nail on the head.

Those who push sexocentric views against men are just as guilty as those who push sexocentric views against women.