Ted Nugent's Call to Shoot Hillary, Obama, Boxer, Feinstein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ted Nugent launched into a diatribe against Democratic senators Hillary Clinton, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Barack Obama at a concert the other night, and said they could all "suck on" his machine gun. He waved actual machine guns around, to incite the crowd. Here's what he said:

Nugent: I was in Chicago last week I said, "Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these, you punk?" Obama, he’s a piece of shit and I told him to suck on one of my machine guns. Let’s hear it for them. I was in New York and I said, "Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless bitch." Since I’m in California, I’m gonna find Barbara Boxer she might wanna suck on my machine guns. Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these you worthless whore."

The incident was caught on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRxdZIGce4&eurl=http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/25/7914/34361

When Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks merely said that she was ashamed that Bush was from the same state as her, her music group was hounded by the media, blacklisted by radio stations, and victimized by boycotts and demonstrations. Right-wing outrage over lyrics by rapper Ludacris cost him a Pepsi commercial contract. George Clooney, Sean Penn, Barbara Streisand and more, have all felt the sting of the "just shut up and sing" crowd. What do you suppose would have happened if any one of them had waved firearms in a public concert hall and hurled profanities at George Bush, Dick Cheney, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani? And why hasn't the national media reported on this atrocity?

:(

financeguy said:
Terrorist threats.

Why hasn't he been arrested?

Something I just posted in another thread here not too long ago...

From a larger societal perspective, I think it's because "conservatives" are defined by their bizarre behavior, and, for the sake of "diversity," they are tolerated--i.e., "they don't know any better." "Liberals," however, are held up to a higher standard, and, as such, personal attacks issued by a "liberal" is seen as far worse, because "you should know better than that" or "you are smarter than that." It's like humoring your senile grandma in the nursing home. You don't have the heart to tell her that she's completely lost her mind.

Heh...

Melon

the reason the Dixie Chicks make headlines is because they are, 1) talented, 2) popular, 3) relevant.

Nugent is none of these things.

Dear Nuge: Go suck on your own gun, asshole.

What are they going to do, ban his music from radio stations?

Oops, too late - he's already been off the airwaves for years now.

You know what they say:

The bigger the machine gun, the smaller the.... :wink:

2861U2 said:
That's debatable...

I'll assume you mean the "relevant" part is debatable. Because while you may not like them, you cannot debate that they are a) talented and b) popular.

Ted...these need a home.

starsandstripes.jpg

melon said:

Something I just posted in another thread here not too long ago...

Heh...

Melon

HA! I was about to quote that same post because it's so relevant.

Ted never said anything about shooting them as stated in the title of the thread.

I dig Ted's music, still today. And I am definitely pro-gun (relative to those on this board), but I would never condone his words. Regretable, for sure.

2861U2 said:

That's debatable...

i'm totally a fan, and i have to say that both "goodbye earl" and "not ready to make nice" are on par with the best concert songs i've ever, ever seen in my life.

and i've seen U2 nine times. and Springsteen.

Irvine511 said:

i'm totally a fan, and i have to say that both "goodbye earl" and "not ready to make nice" are on par with the best concert songs i've ever, ever seen in my life.

and i've seen U2 nine times. and Springsteen.

They do have a couple good ones. "Not ready to make nice" and "Cowboy take me away." All the rest are crap, though.

sue4u2 said:

:up:
pathetic is a good word.

He's in Nickleback video with Gene Simmons, another washed up rock star- called, what else, I wanna be a rock star.
lame
Doesn't even know when someone is making fun of him.

Doesn't even know when a crappy band is making fun of them.

This is Ted Nugent. This does not deserve a thread. Also the Dixie Chicks are indeed talented, yet somehow they suck. Paradoxical, no?

LyricalDrug said:
Ted Nugent launched into a diatribe against Democratic senators Hillary Clinton, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Barack Obama at a concert the other night, and said they could all "suck on" his machine gun. He waved actual machine guns around, to incite the crowd. Here's what he said:

Nugent: I was in Chicago last week I said, "Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these, you punk?" Obama, he’s a piece of shit and I told him to suck on one of my machine guns. Let’s hear it for them. I was in New York and I said, "Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless bitch." Since I’m in California, I’m gonna find Barbara Boxer she might wanna suck on my machine guns. Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these you worthless whore."

The incident was caught on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRxdZIGce4&eurl=http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/25/7914/34361

When Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks merely said that she was ashamed that Bush was from the same state as her, her music group was hounded by the media, blacklisted by radio stations, and victimized by boycotts and demonstrations. Right-wing outrage over lyrics by rapper Ludacris cost him a Pepsi commercial contract. George Clooney, Sean Penn, Barbara Streisand and more, have all felt the sting of the "just shut up and sing" crowd. What do you suppose would have happened if any one of them had waved firearms in a public concert hall and hurled profanities at George Bush, Dick Cheney, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani? And why hasn't the national media reported on this atrocity?

:(

because ted nugent is known to be a wackadoodle fuck nut, and has been known as such for quite a few decades now, where as the artists you mentioned still have some shread of self respect and relevance left.

one has to know you still exist in order to be outraged with your comments.

and not for nothing, it wasn't "right wing" outrange that cost ludacris his pepsi commercial... it was bill o'reilly and bill o'reilly alone.

He wrote a song called "Cat Scratch Fever" for crying out loud!

I think the dude has two brain cells left . . . and they're fighting each other.

the iron horse said:
The Nuge stood his ground.

You say that like it means something. Bush has stood his ground too. Doesn't mean people are going to say, "Well, I disagree with the War, but hey, I mean, that Bush guy, he's consistent, so there's that, you know?" It doesn't really mean much. In fact, it really means nothing. Ignorance often stands its ground.

LyricalDrug said:
When Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks merely said that she was ashamed that Bush was from the same state as her, her music group was hounded by the media, blacklisted by radio stations, and victimized by boycotts and demonstrations. :( [/B]

Well for one, the Dixie Chicks waited to bash the President in a foreign country, while The Nuge at least had the guts to do so in there own back yard. It is shock value that's been done before by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop and Marilyn Manson to name a few. In the youtube world we live in, it is now possible for people who really could care less about his music/antics to see what he has been doing for years. Ted has a niche audience that is pro-gun, pro-America, and pro-barbecue. He rocks.

Back
Top Bottom