Teachers convince sixth graders gunman is on the loose - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Yes. They should lose their teaching licenses.
And than ? would that chance the fact that it was a very bad prank ?

Punish them but making the unemploid will only lose some experienced teachers,..that have learned a lessons after this,....

Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #17
She's the One

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rono

Punish them but making the unemploid will only lose some experienced teachers,..that have learned a lessons after this,....
Rono, I teach the same grades these idiots terrorized. "Experienced" doesn't mean good.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rono

Well, to be honest, especially after my experience at VT, I would go out of my way to make sure that none of my children would end up in any school/classroom of these teachers. That was absolute crap. I wouldn't trust anyone who was in the meeting room saying "oh this is such a good idea!" as far as I can throw them.

I know I can't stop all the violence in the world from happening, but I wouldn't want anyone to experience the chaos I did. Not even as a stupid prank. If they can't be more empathetic about this situation, what in the world are they doing teaching kids? I certainly would not feel comfortable with such people being responsible for inspiring and enlightening children.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

it's possible that these teachers had good intentions and thought that by doing this they would prepare the students in case it ever really did happen... but to carry it out as if it were a real attack and not give any notification that a drill was taking place is stupid on such a level that they should not be allowed to educate students ever again.

if it were, in fact, nothing more than a prank that they thought would be funny? they should probably go to jail for something... causing a mass panic has to be a crime somewhere.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:06 AM
Boy that cried wolf springs to mind
Old 05-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
it's possible that these teachers had good intentions and thought that by doing this they would prepare the students in case it ever really did happen... but to carry it out as if it were a real attack and not give any notification that a drill was taking place is stupid on such a level that they should not be allowed to educate students ever again.

if it were, in fact, nothing more than a prank that they thought would be funny? they should probably go to jail for something... causing a mass panic has to be a crime somewhere.
I know at my school, which is a middle and high school, we do lockdown drills, but never have the officials come in dressed as gunmen or pulling on the doors, etc. We aren't told at the time that the lockdown is a drill, but since I live in a pretty small town, we usually know that it is because teachers get notification before each drill, and when they do the lockdowns, it's so the drug dogs can come.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:06 AM
They shouldn't be doing this. There's no excuse for this kind of behavior. The teachers should be fired. I wouldn't say don't send your kid to school in Tennessee, because this is only one school. I'm sure most teachers in Tennessee behave themselves better than this.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Interesting how the story came out in the end. The first article makes the situation come off as a drill with well-meaning intentions, but the second just brings to light the fact that these teachers are idiots.

Unless the district is hard-up for new teachers, these folks should have been fired the day they came back to work after the incident.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Being that my son is that age....someone would have to restrain me.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #25
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase